Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• 6 more needed in my opinion. I hope we can get that many without taking 4 loans additional to Famewo. I think we should try and keep one or two loan slots open for January - usually easier to get a loan than a permanent signing in January.
    Out of interest, which 6 of our current squad do you not want to play this season? Squad cap is in place. 
    You are allowed 22 outfield players in your squad. 
  • edited August 2021
    6 more needed in my opinion. I hope we can get that many without taking 4 loans additional to Famewo. I think we should try and keep one or two loan slots open for January - usually easier to get a loan than a permanent signing in January.
    Out of interest, which 6 of our current squad do you not want to play this season? Squad cap is in place. 
    Including Kirk, i make it 22 outfield already, that’s why I was asking if someone wants 6 more in, which 6 will they exclude. 

Considering his constant comments on academy, Adkins isn’t going to dump all the youth out of the squad from the Wednesday game. 

Edit: just seen the posts saying under 21s don’t count, so can ignore what I’ve said about the younger academy players. 
  • A quick note for those saying we need more additions (which I quite agree with)... we now have only two senior squad places remaining unless we see exits (Dempsey, Davison, Schwartz). We have four matchday loan places left which can stretch that but any incoming player needs to be born pre 2000 to qualify as an U21 and not eat into our two spots. Goalkeepers (of any age) do not count.
    I counted it as 19 over 21s, meaning we have 3 places?

Either way, players who are just over the 1st January 2000 are potentially vulnerable. I was surprised Dempsey was given another contract as he's over 21 and would take up a place. Interesting that he didn't feature yesterday, maybe he'll be loaned out or moved on
  • edited August 2021
    6 more needed in my opinion. I hope we can get that many without taking 4 loans additional to Famewo. I think we should try and keep one or two loan slots open for January - usually easier to get a loan than a permanent signing in January.
    Including Kirk, i make it 22 outfield already, that’s why I was asking if someone wants 6 more in, which 6 will they exclude. 
    I think we've got 19:
    Matthews, Gunter
    Purrington
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce
    Watson, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Clare, Dempsey
    DJ, Kirk, Washington
    Stockley, Schwartz, Davison, Ghandour

EDIT - Excluding JFC so happy to count it as 20. 
  • AndyG said:
    I think someone said earlier we only have 2 slots available unless we sell someone

Sorry, genuine question, whch is this rule because of? I'm losing track of some of this stuff these days.
  • 6 more needed in my opinion. I hope we can get that many without taking 4 loans additional to Famewo. I think we should try and keep one or two loan slots open for January - usually easier to get a loan than a permanent signing in January.
    I think we've got 19:
    Matthews, Gunter
    Purrington
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce
    DJ, Kirk, Washington

Ghandour and Morgan both count as under 21.

We have 18 senior outfield players according to the EFL definition.

The 2021/22 limit is 20.
  • Rylo said:
    Just snapped this car going up Sparrows Lane - Mean anything to anyone?

Looks like we’re getting the defender we need.
    Apparently has an excellent passing Range, a real Roy of the rover!!!, think that’s covered it.😂
  • AndyG said:
    I think someone said earlier we only have 2 slots available unless we sell someone

Sorry, genuine question, whch is this rule because of? I'm losing track of some of this stuff these days.
    Squad is capped to 22 outfield players, of which 8 have to be home grown. Believe it was brought in alongside the salary cap. The latter was scrapped but this hasn't been and actually, I don't think it's unreasonable. 

Considering his constant comments on academy, Adkins isn’t going to dump all the youth out of the squad from the Wednesday game. 
    The priority is one thing. Promotion. Anything that hinders that including having players from the academy in the squad has to be wrong. The youngsters coming through will get their chance when they’re good enough. None of those currently on the fringe with the exception of Elewere should keep better players out of the 22.
  • AndyG said:

A team can only register 22 players in their squad that are over 21. We currently have 22 so unless we lose some we only have 2 places available 
  • Sponsored links:

I think we've got 19:
    Matthews, Gunter
    Purrington
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce
    DJ, Kirk, Washington

The 2021/22 limit is 20.
    You sure it's 20 - EFL website says 22 - Microsoft Word - Regulations Season 2021-22 Final (efl.com) - page 68
  • "League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season.

This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively).

Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions."

So guess we have 21 players allowed over 21. 

• edited August 2021
    I think we've got 19:
    Matthews, Gunter
    Purrington
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce
    DJ, Kirk, Washington

The 2021/22 limit is 20.
    You sure it's 20 - EFL website says 22 - Microsoft Word - Regulations Season 2021-22 Final (efl.com) - page 68
    Sorry you are right. They have changed it since it was introduced. It was meant to step down from 22 to 21 this season but guess it stayed due to Covid.

Either way we have 18, so now 4 squad spaces.
    I think we've got 19:
    Matthews, Gunter
    Purrington
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce
    DJ, Kirk, Washington

The 2021/22 limit is 20.
    Sorry you are right. They have changed it since it was introduced. It was meant to step down from 22 to 21 this season but guess it stayed due to Covid.

Either way we have 18, so now 4 squad spaces.
    I don't think we should include JFC though. Even if he's back start of December madness to include him. Let him come back in the U23's ready for Jan. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    We definitely need a more attacking LB if we're going to play a 433 with the 2 winger cutting inside. You need to challenge their defence, so that they don't know whether to cover the winger of overlapping full back

I've a suspicion that Morgan, Clare and Dobson will be competing for 2 places, as we'll need a goal scoring midfielder to make the system work. That might be Gilbey, but I think we'll bring someone in
    yep, pacey left back next on my list after the midfield general then its prem loans for cb, pacey striker/goalscorer and another winger 
    Tbf mate I would say a goalscorer needs to be before that with the main resources we know we can defend its the goals that need to be brought in and aneke NEEDS replacing especially the goals !!
    agreed but people keep saying its stockey and 2 winger / come strikers so where does the goalscorer play? only when we play 442??
  • Squad limit should be fine, assuming that a couple of loans will be U21.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Do we know who the player training with us is yet?.....that @DOUCHER mentioned.

Was thinking it could be Viv Soloman-Otabor & that our medical / coaching team are trying to get him up to fitness before we agree a contract with him.

Could be a useful addition based on what he produced at Wigan last yr.
    just asked my mate for an update on that - will report back when i know anything 
    it is solomon otaba on trial 
    Don’t hate that. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Was thinking it could be Viv Soloman-Otabor & that our medical / coaching team are trying to get him up to fitness before we agree a contract with him.

just asked my mate for an update on that - will report back when i know anything 
    Don’t hate that. 
    Think he'd be very useful
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Wigan wanted to keep him on so guess he can't be terrible. 

25 and I suppose is a fine League One Winger. Good back-up option on a free. 

Plays on either flank and seems to chip in with the occasional goal and assist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Squad limit should be fine, assuming that a couple of loans will be U21.
    Even if not, we should be fine. If we include the following:
    Gunter, Matthews, Purrington, NEW LB
    Inniss, Famewo, Pearce, NEW CB
    Dobson, Watson, Clare, Morgan, Gilbey, NEW CM/CAM
    DJ, Kirk, Washington, NEW WINGER
    Stockley, Davison, Schwartz

That's 21 so still leaves us room for 1 and gives the right balance. We probably need another striker, but I can't imagine we'll have 4 plus Washington so you'd expect either Davison or Schwartz to depart. We'd still have room to include either JFC or Dempsey. 
  • edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Active rumours 

- Kirk move is currently ON still. 
    - Henderson to come in as number 2
    - Viv Solomon-Otabor training with us

Secondary rumours (Old/No new info)

- Jack Tucker a target
    - Viv Solomon-Otabor failed medical - potentially still a target?
    One down potentially four to go?
    Moved Viv Solomon-Otabor to "Active" 
  • Andy Delort?
  • With the restriction on squad numbers, Watson feels like a waste of a space
    You could delete the first half of that sentence and it would still be right. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    DJ & Kirk 15-20 between them
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Inniss & other defenders 5
    Washington 10

That’s a 60-75 goals. The numbers add up quickly.
    Yep plus the fact Adkins is aiming for 26 clean sheets if we win say 20 of those and draw 6 we technically only 20 goals for 66 points , no doubt our defensive will be key and they stay fit I can’t see us not challenging 

Loving your positivity..have a like 👍 
  • Having watched the video of Kirk & having read what Crewe fans have said I'd say we need an attacking LB to overlap with Kirk & also a poacher to finish off the chances he creates. He puts a lot of balls across the 6 yard line & would be a shame to see them go to waste.

As for Morgan. I see him more as a playmaker as his passing is pretty decent....but he is not a finisher & I doubt he'd get more than a couple of goals a season. Not enough composure & not a natural striker if the ball. 

All in all, another 3 or 4 players and we should be sorted.

Striker
    Left back
    Attacking midfielder 

I agree with all this, Golfie
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Must be keeping fit with us, getting some physio for his knee. Would sign him all day long. 
  • I've been told we're going to sign Tobi Omole from Spurs on loan, 21 year old left footed cb originally from Lewisham, 6ft2 so i would guess cover for Akin as to not rely on Deji to play in the league at least

Source is from Spurs end, also didn't confirm when other than before the window shuts

My mates little brother used to play with him for Thamesmead. Don't believe they are still in touch. Used to play down the wing for them then started growing and got moved to CB I think. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!