Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Solomon-Otabor rumours been around a while, he apparently failed a medical with us.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Solomon-Otabor rumours been around a while, he apparently failed a medical with us.
    yes and was apparently was offered a deal which reflected that which he turned down - maybe he has had a re think - please don't doubt my info dazzler - thought you had learnt that by now - its from a cast iron source    

Image result for sam bartram statue
    terrible statue of the great man that 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Solomon-Otabor rumours been around a while, he apparently failed a medical with us.
    yes and was apparently was offered a deal which reflected that which he turned down - maybe he has had a re think - please don't doubt my info dazzler - thought you had learnt that by now - its from a cast iron source    

WTF!!!!!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:

WTF!!!!!!
    do u think its good ??
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

otaba training with us this week is not a rumour - its a fact 
    Double nurse then. 
  • edited August 2021
    After signing Kirk I would be surprised if Soloman Otabor or Sims was under consideration. 

Surely we would need a left footed Winger now. DJ and Kirk are both right footed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:

WTF!!!!!!
    do u think its good ??
    Seen much worse than that!
  • Rylo said:
     :D yes there are worse but it looks like an old man rather than the beefy giant that he was - i've always felt that 
  • Richard J said:
    After signing Kirk I would be surprised if Soloman Otomar or Sims was under consideration. 

Surely we would need a left footed Winger now. DJ and Kirk are both right footed. 
    You don’t find too many left footed wingers anymore. Lots are right footed who either play on the right or play on the left and cut in.

The left footed ones who are good usually end up playing in a higher division.

Be nice if we could find one.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Wasn't doubting was adding to JamesSeeds understanding of it.
  • edited August 2021
    Separate thread for: How many goals will we score?

Please.
  • Think there could be something in the Tobi Omole rumour.
    3 professional games in the EFL trophy 3 yellow cards….things you love to see! 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Separate thread for: How many goals will we score?

Please.
  • Couple of things - the supposed TS LinkedIn message was posted elsewhere but not by who we are all assuming!
    Secondly TS hasn't stopped talking to fans on LinkedIn, I can vouch for that, and before anyone assumes differently I've been in contact with TS for just over 12 months, and 'No' I've not been talking to him about transfers or anything on the playing side. 
    Oh nice one, so he did agree to a threesome with Mrs TS then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    After signing Kirk I would be surprised if Soloman Otomar or Sims was under consideration. 

Not really, Kirk was noted for playing on the left despite being right footed and I'm sure DJ has at least temporarily played on his "off" foot before.

Adkins seems to be favouring wingers/forwards who can interchange/swap positions around a pivot (i.e. Stockley).
  • Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    DJ & Kirk 15-20 between them
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Inniss & other defenders 5
    Washington 10

That’s a 60-75 goals. The numbers add up quickly.
    Sean Clare got 2 goals in 58 games at Gillingham, Oxford and Burton.
    Morgan has 1 league goal in his career.
    The most Gilbey has ever got in a season is 5.

All would have to improve dramatically to reach your numbers. Not impossible of course, and i hope they do, but it's a bit unlikely.
  • I'd rather us have the biggest depth in defence, cos then a lot of the attacking can take care of itself if you have enough quality going forward.

Think we need a LB, CB, LW or RW and Striker. 
  • Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    DJ & Kirk 15-20 between them
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Inniss & other defenders 5
    Washington 10

That’s a 60-75 goals. The numbers add up quickly.
    Sean Clare got 2 goals in 58 games at Gillingham, Oxford and Burton.
    Morgan has 1 league goal in his career.
    The most Gilbey has ever got in a season is 5.

All would have to improve dramatically to reach your numbers. Not impossible of course, and i hope they do, but it's a bit unlikely.
    Clare also scored 7 in 54 in the league (12 in 71 including cups) for Hearts, though that included some penalties.

I’d like to see us sign playmaker in CM with an eye for goal, but I wouldn’t rule out a few players stepping up and adding more goals to their game.

Gilbey showed signs of it last season, with the right role he had freedom to get forward and got something like 3 in 10 towards the end of the season.
  • Good research 👍🏼
  • JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

otaba training with us this week is not a rumour - its a fact 
    Richard J said:

Solomon-Otabor

Ventokele
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!