Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    DJ & Kirk 15-20 between them
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Inniss & other defenders 5
    Washington 10

That’s a 60-75 goals. The numbers add up quickly.
    Very very wishful thinking. 

Stockley is the only one you'd be confident in. 
    Not sure I’d even be too confident in Stockley getting 15-20. With a fair wind he might get there.
    Tbf, he got 8 in 22 last year. So equals out to about 16-20 goals across a 46 game season in the league. 
  • Yeah those numbers are definitely on the generous side! 

Personally would prefer another striker and play 4-4-2, but Adkins seems to prefer 1 up.
    I don't think it's just Adkins, I don't think many teams play with 2 strikers these days. When I checked last weekend no one in league one was playing two up top. 
    Yeah I know I’m in the minority camp and it’s seen as a little outdated, but if you’ve got two goal scoring strikers that compliment each other I think it would be the difference at this level.
  • DOUCHER said:
    agreed - morgan and dobson don't appear to have goals in them - gilby does but isn't a general type - i see him and clare as being interchangeable - break the bank for a goalscoring midfield playmaker who morgan can deputise for and a  pacey left back now and we are in business  - then sort the schwarz situation out one way or another and bring a CB in 
    Agree entirely and the rest can be loans for cover. 
  • Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Desperately in need of goals from midfield. 
  • Yeah those numbers are definitely on the generous side! 

Personally would prefer another striker and play 4-4-2, but Adkins seems to prefer 1 up.
    I don't think it's just Adkins, I don't think many teams play with 2 strikers these days. When I checked last weekend no one in league one was playing two up top. 
    Yeah I know I’m in the minority camp and it’s seen as a little outdated, but if you’ve got two goal scoring strikers that compliment each other I think it would be the difference at this level.
    Yeah I don't really disagree, I really like Washington up top. With Stockley's physicality and Washington's movement I wouldn't expect any defence would enjoy facing that.

But I guess teams these days want/need/tend to have 3 midfielders in the centre of the park. 
  • se9addick said:
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

Not sure I’d even be too confident in Stockley getting 15-20. With a fair wind he might get there.
    Tbf, he got 8 in 22 last year. So equals out to about 16-20 goals across a 46 game season in the league. 
    That works mathematically, but in practicality it isn’t that easy
  • If you're going by highest total in a season so far, here are the goals in our squad - in League One or above: 

Washington: 12
    Stockley: 8
    Jaiyesimi: 4
    Gilbey: 5
    Kirk: 6
    Clare: 4
    Morgan: 1
    Dobson: 1
    All of our defenders: 4

Even with Forster-Caskey's 5, it's clearly not enough goals in the squad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're going by highest total in a season so far, here are the goals in our squad - in League One or above: 

I thought Kirk has scored 24 on 3 seasons so a high of 6 can’t be right
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    If you're going by highest total in a season so far, here are the goals in our squad - in League One or above: 

I thought Kirk has scored 24 on 3 seasons so a high of 6 can’t be right
    In League One or above. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

That works mathematically, but in practicality it isn’t that easy
    Very true, but you'd hope on current form he'd carry that on. Only time will tell.
  • Can’t see anything in the Jephcott rumours. It’s been said before but we’re not going to spend that sort of money for someone to sit on the bench behind Stockley. 
    Get your point with the cost involved, but we need a striker with a proven record to support/back up Stockley, and maybe Jephcott is that player, and we will need to spend realistically to get the right player in, the alternative is reliance on youth ie Davison

100% we need another striker, I just don’t think it would be wise to invest heavily in a backup. 

Stockley is our main man, our whole style of play is based around him doing what he does best. Any striker we do sign will be coming knowing they’re going to be starting on the bench most weeks. It makes more sense to sign a striker on loan who can offer us something different up top, rather than spending 6 figures on someone like Jephcott who has little impact outside the box. 

I think whatever budget we have left should go on young fullbacks/wingers/midfielders that are here for the foreseeable future. The rest can be filled with loans
  • Would love a hectic day of transfers, 3 or 4 in day would be good.  But we seem to like spacing them out, preferably a few weeks apart.
  • cfgs said:
    Would love a hectic day of transfers, 3 or 4 in day would be good.  But we seem to like spacing them out, preferably a few weeks apart.
    Keeps the engagement on socials up and us Addicts coming back for more. No, that wasn't a typo.
  • edited August 2021
    Where is the rumours / cl list? Does anyone know?
    Just to keep up with what the current rumours are
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton socials have been quiet for a while, I wonder if another's on the way - perhaps Hendo?
  • Why are fees undisclosed?  Is it because we mugged Crewe or because  they mugged us ?  Or perhaps nobody wants to tell the tax man ?

Being that we beat off those Sheffield dicks with both hands, I'd assume nobody mugged anybody off and both parties are happy with the sum.
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

Morgan 5 seriously 
    If he keeps getting into the positions he did on Saturday, the goals will come. 
    Problem is he can barely hit a barn door at times 
  • Can’t see anything in the Jephcott rumours. It’s been said before but we’re not going to spend that sort of money for someone to sit on the bench behind Stockley. 
    Get your point with the cost involved, but we need a striker with a proven record to support/back up Stockley, and maybe Jephcott is that player, and we will need to spend realistically to get the right player in, the alternative is reliance on youth ie Davison

100% we need another striker, I just don’t think it would be wise to invest heavily in a backup. 

Stockley is our main man, our whole style of play is based around him doing what he does best. Any striker we do sign will be coming knowing they’re going to be starting on the bench most weeks. It makes more sense to sign a striker on loan who can offer us something different up top, rather than spending 6 figures on someone like Jephcott who has little impact outside the box. 

I think whatever budget we have left should go on young fullbacks/wingers/midfielders that are here for the foreseeable future. The rest can be filled with loans
    If Adkins truly rates Roddy plus we have Oguntayo and Purrington still pretty young, I don't feel the LB necessarily needs to be a long term solution. Someone like Joe Bennett would be a very good signing for short-term success. 

Agree about the back up to Stockley, need one through the building, who is decent but wouldn't be blowing the rest of our transfer budget on him. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Why are fees undisclosed?  Is it because we mugged Crewe or because  they mugged us ?  Or perhaps nobody wants to tell the tax man ?

Being that we beat off those Sheffield dicks with both hands, I'd assume nobody mugged anybody off and both parties are happy with the sum.
    Doesn’t that make it more likely we were mugged off and overpaid to fend off the sheff u interest?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Active rumours 

- Kirk move is currently ON still. 
    - Henderson to come in as number 2
    - Unknown player training with us

Secondary rumours (Old/No new info)

- Jack Tucker a target
    - Viv Solomon-Otabor failed medical - potentially still a target?
    One down potentially four to go?

If Adkins truly rates Roddy plus we have Oguntayo and Purrington still pretty young, I don't feel the LB necessarily needs to be a long term solution. Someone like Joe Bennett would be a very good signing for short-term success. 

Agree about the back up to Stockley, need one through the building, who is decent but wouldn't be blowing the rest of our transfer budget on him. 
    Tony Gallacher on loan would be my bet. Liverpool train their fullbacks to get foward plenty.
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

Morgan 5 seriously 
    If he keeps getting into the positions he did on Saturday, the goals will come. 
    Just think if he'd scored both of those, he'd be on two already... Last season he seemed to have quite a few shots on target so I have faith. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!