Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Ok now that's done, what's the most pressing matter in terms of signings now? LB, CAM, ST, CB, GK?
  • Can we get back on topic, he has his own thread now... Is there another with expected announcement 3pm? That would be bloody lovely, happy with Kirk and be good to see a few more (the sooner the better) 
  • Not expecting another today 
  • #AnnounceKirk
  • Quality signing this one on a 4 year deal just need a few more of this Quality and were be up there need to spend a bit on a striker next and a left back 
  • sam3110 said:
    Ok now that's done, what's the most pressing matter in terms of signings now? LB, CAM, ST, CB, GK?
    Left back for me.

Is wanting another winger on top of that greedy? Perhaps we’ll get a striker who can play out wide.
  • Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    Ok now that's done, what's the most pressing matter in terms of signings now? LB, CAM, ST, CB, GK?
    Left back for me.

Is wanting another winger on top of that greedy? Perhaps we’ll get a striker who can play out wide.
    Depends how far off fit Gilbey is for me. Bannan showed me how important a number 10 can be and Morgan just isn't there for me. He's a decent off the bench option but I can't see him making that place his own. Gilbey if he can get back to fitness would fit the spot well but I'd bring in another if we're still months away.
    LB the other priority for me though and a winger to rotate.
  • Definitely worth the wait to get Kirk in. It will be interesting to see what happens now, all the remaining spots could be filled by loans on deadline day or we might see some more come in here and there. We've definitely got an 11 to be taking teams on though, that's for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy with Kirk.

LB is the most pressing but a CB wouldn't be a bad idea either - it'll be interesting to see how we setup against MK with it being a midweek game.

Would like to see the ST, LB and CB on a perm with another Winger and GK coming in on loan.

I don't think we need a CAM, we have players that can play there and I imagine Adkins wants to see Morgan improve more than anything else. Signings like Kirk take the pressure off of him a little.
  • Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    Left back for me.

CB (because Inniss is due an injury soon) and LB are the priorities for me, GK we can probably find a loanee for, and a forward who can play wide/up front is probably another loan job. CAM is a maybe but would be a real blow to Morgan if they were instead of not as well as.
  • cs1986 said:
    Looks like we've beaten Ipswich to the signing of Charlie Kirk!
  • edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    Starting to get concerned at the lack of activity. Assumed that we would make at least one signing, even if it’s a loan, before Oxford.

There's still time.
    Does this count as ITK, Daz?
  • Ferryman said:
    cs1986 said:
    Looks like we've beaten Ipswich to the signing of Charlie Kirk!
    Finally haha. Kirk was no doubt top of most people's lists this summer. I am proper pleased with his. Need another winger and a striker and happy days for me.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    Starting to get concerned at the lack of activity. Assumed that we would make at least one signing, even if it’s a loan, before Oxford.

There's still time.
    Just this count as ITK, Daz?
    That 11/10 looks absolutely shite now mate 🤣😉
  • Sponsored links:

• IF Gilbey is out for more than a month, i would say CAM would be high priority after LB, although Albie might come along i am not too confident. Feel bad for dismissing him already but i do feel he has been in around the first team and particularly the first match shows he needs to get the composure and be more effective in the final third. Not saying he's rubbish, maybe early season too so would love him to prove me wrong certainly has the potential. 
  • Done - video on Twitter page with him in the shirt 
    Ok but are we sure it's him?
  • MrBurns said:
    I'm hearing it'll be announced at 3pm today. 3 year deal
    So apart from the time and the contract length...  :D
    1 outta 3 isn't bad. My source didn't think the media work would be completed by 3pm. He was wrong about the contract length though. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I'd say:
    CB
    LB
    STR
    Winger
    CAM
    GK

• cs1986 said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:

There's still time.
    Just this count as ITK, Daz?
    That 11/10 looks absolutely shite now mate 🤣😉
    The value was in the Jolly!
  • LB, back up RCB, attacking midfielder, and a striker who can play on the wing (Leko mould) and we’re sorted.

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Disagree, I think we need a winger and a striker. Someone like Leko wouldn't cut it for me, we need another striker who can cover Stockley. 
  • LB
    RCB
    RF
    STK

Priorities for me, in this order. 
  • Disappointed was hoping it would be a double signing from Crewe....Kirk and Dale ;)
  • LB, back up RCB, attacking midfielder, and a striker who can play on the wing (Leko mould) and we’re sorted.

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Disagree, I think we need a winger and a striker. Someone like Leko wouldn't cut it for me, we need another striker who can cover Stockley. 
    We have Washington - he's not a Winger primarily.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!