Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Be great if we're getting Kirk in today - Means he becomes eligible for Saturday if he's in the right mindset

Imagine he'll have to settle on the bench at best but its a start

Genuinely think he's joining the best club given the week he's had what with both Nigel and Tracey to support him
    ...and the fans who can be very supportive and loud in that support too.
  • Gallen has always been enterprising in the transfer market
  • I’ll be absolutely beaming if this comes off.
  • Croydon said:
    That's the first grapevine post I've ever finished.
    exactly - and he's trying to tell me i'm not helping in him in that he could be more concise 
  • cs1986 said:
    Gallen has always been enterprising in the transfer market
    Not again, please. Save puns for when there's fuck all to talk about. 
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Now that Cirkin has go to Sunderland does this not leave the door open for us to move in for Hume?
    Knowing us we'll sign Marvin Humes.

At least Rochelle is nice to look at!
    Well at least he’s a local lad from Plumstead so should know about the club 
  • SID said:
    This thread is indeed an insight into the modern football fan.

Instant.

Instant results, instant glory, instant satisfaction………instant.

I’m with Grapevine. Why do you bother? You all seem so miserable. You all seem so sure it’s all shit on a stick.

Maybe it’s because I’m away from it these days. But all I see is my club being slowly rebuilt after years of neglect. Rebuilt from the ground up. Not just the squad but everywhere.

Yes they made promises. What did you expect them to say ffs? You once believed in the tooth fairy & Santa Claus too right. We’re grown ups. We can tell when people are telling us what they would like to achieve but know it’s unlikely to happen. Jesus my bosses did this to me all my working life.

We are starting to have our Charlton back & that feels good.

Now can we please have some rumours 🤷‍♀️
    But they didn’t need to make promises they couldn’t deliver. We’ve been lied to for the last decade so why make it so much harder for themselves with unrealistic targets.
    If TS had said from the outset that there wasn’t much money to invest in the squad but the club has been saved I’m sure 99% of people on this forum would’ve not only accepted it but would’ve been grateful for what he’d done. I can’t help think that the negativity going around right now was self inflicted by over egging what was going to happen this season. 
    So you tell your parents, ‘why did you go & tell me there was a Father Christmas? You set me up for a lifetime of misery you lying buggers’?

No of course you didn’t (at least I hope you didn’t).

I took it with the message that was intended. HOPE!

The negativity is yours. Don’t go blaming others. You have a choice.
    i think its perfectly reasonable for people to be a bit underwhelmed so far given the talk at the end of season - to twist it any other way is distorting the reality - however, it is what it is and i'm not going to throw my toys out the pram if we don't sign xyz but lets not pretend that people aren't entitled to be a bit disappointed if actions don't follow the words.  
  • TomNight said:
    As “soft” as this sounds, if this comes off I can’t wait to sing his name in the crowd to let him know we’re all with him! Just about to get my Mum out of hospital for end of life care at home, can definitely understand how he’s feeling right now. 

Agree Nigel and Tracey are great people to have around him right now, as well as Pearce! 
    Absolutely agree, we are the perfect club for this scenario, he’ll get some reception.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that playing and training is part of who he is, therefore it will help him carry on.  The club will support him by allowing him time with his extended family when required.
  • I’m sorry to interrupt these moments of innovative, compelling footballing and financial clarity but as I rarely comment on here about footballing issues anymore if you don’t mind a distraction I do have a question or two. 

Do you actually enjoy football? Do you actually enjoy supporting Charlton Athletic Football Club? Why exactly do you need to do this to yourselves? 

I ask because reading through most of nearly 650 pages of this thread I am tempted to suggest the need for a collective « intervention ».

I mean Transfer Rumours eh? There’s a misnomer. 

You know it is like when your mate taps you up for £10 again so he can buy a round, when you know he has just blown £50 at the bookies…..again …or in the old days when mid pint he would rush over screaming for coin as the fruit machine was just about to pay out….just like last week ……and the week before or

Maybe it is more like the mate who for the ninth week running has had just one or two drinks more than he could handle to take him from the level of pointless monosyllabic dialogue to becoming completely incoherent or

Maybe it is more like the other mate who once chose to shack up with « his » third girlfriend in six months who appeared to be just as tarty as the last two. Why do people keep shopping for life partners in the same places with the expectation « this one » will be different?

Anyway sorry to interrupt just thought I’d ask because I grew up loving the game of football, enjoying the physical activity, the fresh air, the developing of skills, the social interaction, the common interest across society, interacting with mates and family enjoying and/or commiserating the shared experience. 

It was great. It was fun. There was good heathy competition. It was good family time, There were moments of success and celebration but with the reality try as you might you (and they) could not get it right every time.

Anyway as I say I just thought I would ask because I was beginning to wonder whether Football Clubs and Football Club message boards should carry government health warnings.

Carry on….just 20 sleeps to go.
    Bit pithy for you Grapevine!
     It's not Grapevine. Someone's playing Silly buggers.
    He's over on the Ipswich forums now!
  • _MrDick said:
    Hold on …. I thought we’d got rid of all the Range Rovers 🤔

Anyone notice it’s parked in an ‘ESI’ parking space 😳
    i can see clingons on the starboard side !!!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    _MrDick said:

Bow!
  • People getting excited over a car....jesus this thread has hit a new low...
    WIOTDVLA
    Love it!
  • bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    _MrDick said:

Bow!
    It weren't that good a joke mate.
    True.
  • bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    _MrDick said:

Bow!
    Wait... Birmingham are coming in with a late bid?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    _MrDick said:

Bow!
    It weren't that good a joke mate.
    Jokes, ITK info, season ticket and taking the knee advice - its all i can do to stop myself from eating myself - how good are you people ask - how long have u got? Anyway, hope u don't miss me too much when i leave for Spain Saturday - i know some will be bloody relieved. Lets hope when i return we have a squad filled with division blowers!! 
  • Are contracts usually signed at sparrows lane or the valley? I know they usually go to the valley to have the photos done etc but is this where contracts are signed? Just interested.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!