Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• LB, back up RCB, attacking midfielder, and a striker who can play on the wing (Leko mould) and we’re sorted.

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Disagree, I think we need a winger and a striker. Someone like Leko wouldn't cut it for me, we need another striker who can cover Stockley. 
    Washington can do that.
  • Excellent to get Kirk over the line quality signing - here comes the bus 🚌 with more players 🤞🏻
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAM the most important position on the pitch in my opinion - have to get it right 
    If we can nab Lowery from Crewe aswell that would be handy, Kirk and Lowery love an overlap and clearly know eachother well. Think it'd be an upgrade on Albie in that 10 slot.
  • barstool said:
    Looking at his stats his goals scored are good and his assists are stronger, hopefully they are even better this season with top players around him 

Just need to bring them in now.
  • LB, back up RCB, attacking midfielder, and a striker who can play on the wing (Leko mould) and we’re sorted.

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Disagree, I think we need a winger and a striker. Someone like Leko wouldn't cut it for me, we need another striker who can cover Stockley. 
    We have Washington - he's not a Winger primarily.
    And he's not a striker capable of playing up front on his own either. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    SID said:
    This thread is indeed an insight into the modern football fan.

Instant.

Instant results, instant glory, instant satisfaction………instant.

I’m with Grapevine. Why do you bother? You all seem so miserable. You all seem so sure it’s all shit on a stick.

Maybe it’s because I’m away from it these days. But all I see is my club being slowly rebuilt after years of neglect. Rebuilt from the ground up. Not just the squad but everywhere.

Yes they made promises. What did you expect them to say ffs? You once believed in the tooth fairy & Santa Claus too right. We’re grown ups. We can tell when people are telling us what they would like to achieve but know it’s unlikely to happen. Jesus my bosses did this to me all my working life.

We are starting to have our Charlton back & that feels good.

Now can we please have some rumours 🤷‍♀️
    But they didn’t need to make promises they couldn’t deliver. We’ve been lied to for the last decade so why make it so much harder for themselves with unrealistic targets.
    If TS had said from the outset that there wasn’t much money to invest in the squad but the club has been saved I’m sure 99% of people on this forum would’ve not only accepted it but would’ve been grateful for what he’d done. I can’t help think that the negativity going around right now was self inflicted by over egging what was going to happen this season. 
    So you tell your parents, ‘why did you go & tell me there was a Father Christmas? You set me up for a lifetime of misery you lying buggers’?

No of course you didn’t (at least I hope you didn’t).

I took it with the message that was intended. HOPE!

The negativity is yours. Don’t go blaming others. You have a choice.
    i think its perfectly reasonable for people to be a bit underwhelmed so far given the talk at the end of season - to twist it any other way is distorting the reality - however, it is what it is and i'm not going to throw my toys out the pram if we don't sign xyz but lets not pretend that people aren't entitled to be a bit disappointed if actions don't follow the words.  
    There’s disappointment and then there’s going completely OTT.

Some on here are being just that imho.

Hopefully now Kirk has signed on a 4yr deal, they can maybe rethink their stance?
  • wmcf123 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Sandgaard has now flown home, find it even stranger that he’s been here about 3 weeks and we haven’t signed anyone as we know he loves the limelight and being involved,
    really hoping we can get one or two over the line before Saturday because the atmosphere could turn a bit if it’s a bad performance.
    Other business interests to attend to perhaps.
    Whilst Sandgaard is not exempt from criticism I find it staggering that so early into his reign he is copping flak.  The years of neglect and mess created are not going to be cleaned up in five minutes.
    Although he didn’t do himself any favours with his early comments.  

Anyone who doesn’t see that he saved us is clearly moronic but that doesn’t mean we should be content with the squad we have either.
    "We shouldn't be content with the squad we have either"

What do we have the right to expect? You (and the majority here) seem to think we have the right to expect better than a top 6 worthy squad, because we are Charlton. Why does Charlton have that right?

As a club we lose 10m per year or something. So surely the only right we have to is to expect bankruptcy? Why do we have the right to expect Thomas or any other non-Charlton fan to fund our expectations? As a club our rights extend only as far a self sustainable operation would allow us, which is far below this point.

Its unpalatable, but its the truth.
    Presumably Barcelona are losing hundreds of millions per year so the only right Barca fans have is to expect bankruptcy? This goes for nearly all clubs, so football fans only right is to expect bankruptcy?
    I think it's more nuanced than that. 

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Washington can do that.
    Disagree, he's not a striker in a 433 for me. I see him more as a sub capable of coming on down the wing or as a striker in a 442. 
  • Be great to hear from Gallen on this signing and where we’re at. 
  • Sponsored links:

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Washington can do that.
    Disagree, he's not a striker in a 433 for me. I see him more as a sub capable of coming on down the wing or as a striker in a 442. 
    Fair enough, he’s definitely better in a front 2.

Oh and a back up keeper 
    Washington can do that.
    Fair enough, he’s definitely better in a front 2.
    Definitely. Personally I want us to be able to cover the front 3 adequately, at the moment we only have Washington as cover. Another winger and a decent striker to hold the ball up would be lovely!
  • Seems a decent signing, don't know anything about the lad and never seen him play but his stats look good, he is a decent age, comes from a club who train players the right way and seems like the Crewe fans are sad to see him go so all of that is very positive.

As an aside given people are mentioning him on here, Lowery seems to be less popular with the Crewe fans who seem to think he is fairly easily replaceable.

Would like to see a keeper, LB, CB, CAM, 2 strikers and another winger (so 7 more) but that is greedy, I suspect we get 4 loans and 1 or 2 more perms and see some kids go out on loan.

The in-comings this window have all been excellent from what I can tell so far.  Of the last ones are of the quality of Stockley, Fam and Kirk we have a chance.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Attentions now turning to Jephcott
    really hope that's true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jephcott would be a strange signing, a big risk given he just had a purple patch and I can't see how he fits in at all. 
    He scored 14 in 18 last year but only 4 in the other 30
  • Jephcott would be a strange signing, a big risk given he just had a purple patch and I can't see how he fits in at all. 
    I’m the complete opposite, I think it would be a quality signing.  

He banged in his goals at the age of 19 last season, even if he had a bad patch he’s still clearly got it in him to score a sizeable amount of goals, you can’t fluke that at that young age.  

And the fact he’s only 20 now means he has so many years ahead for development.
    Possibly, I think he's a risk either way, but I'm not saying he can't be successful. I don't know enough about him, but from what I do know I just don't see how he suits our system at all. 
  • Have we had any links to left backs?
    He scored 14 in 18 last year but only 4 in the other 30
    Would be a concern if he was 29, but he’s still very young.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Kirk
    The man has form...
  • Exactly this. If you were the owner of a football club what would you do.

1. Pay over the odds for players that have reached their potential but you know what you are getting. When they leave you are lucky to get your money back as they are older than when you bought them.

2. Buy young players with potential that will hopefully get you promoted and attract interest from the bigger clubs and you can seel the for a decent profit.

I know which model I would be going for 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!