Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Sandgaard has now flown home, find it even stranger that he’s been here about 3 weeks and we haven’t signed anyone as we know he loves the limelight and being involved,
    really hoping we can get one or two over the line before Saturday because the atmosphere could turn a bit if it’s a bad performance.
    Other business interests to attend to perhaps.
    Whilst Sandgaard is not exempt from criticism I find it staggering that so early into his reign he is copping flak.  The years of neglect and mess created are not going to be cleaned up in five minutes.
    Although he didn’t do himself any favours with his early comments.  

Anyone who doesn’t see that he saved us is clearly moronic but that doesn’t mean we should be content with the squad we have either.
    I'll reserve judgement till the end of this season, on both him and Adkins.
  • Starting to get concerned at the lack of activity. Assumed that we would make at least one signing, even if it’s a loan, before Oxford.
  • se9addick said:
    Starting to get concerned at the lack of activity. Assumed that we would make at least one signing, even if it’s a loan, before Oxford.

There's still time.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Sandgaard has now flown home, find it even stranger that he’s been here about 3 weeks and we haven’t signed anyone as we know he loves the limelight and being involved,
    really hoping we can get one or two over the line before Saturday because the atmosphere could turn a bit if it’s a bad performance.
    Whilst Sandgaard is not exempt from criticism I find it staggering that so early into his reign he is copping flak.  The years of neglect and mess created are not going to be cleaned up in five minutes.
    We were in the Championship two seasons ago and promoted the season before that and in the playoffs the season before that. Financial issues aside under our last owners, yes, but so far TS does not even own the ground or academy yet. For all we know he bought the club for one pound. And in 3 transfer windows we are net sellers. Not sure how all of this is "cleaning up" a mess? It's not like he inherited Barcelona with a billion in debt.
     He has spent millions already on the club. He does own the academy, I assume you mean the training ground?! Properties are all well and good, but from a business perspective, it seemingly makes more sense to rent at the moment than to buy the properties for a disgustingly inflated price.

Sandgaard managed to get Roland to write off significant debts. 

Why mention Barcelona? They're literally a world apart from us. 

Right now you do not know where we will end up in the league.

I find all this romanticism of the Roland years deeply concerning.
    Let me put it this way... of our squad looked like THIS under Roland with the season already underway, everyone would have pitchforks out.

I think this is a good way of saying it - it isn’t about romanticising it. More of saying a squad in this state at this point of the season and in this league would not have been so easily accepted.

Key will be if we manage to get 6-7 top league one players by the deadline then we can judge better.
  • edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Yann897 said:
    We were in the Championship two seasons ago and promoted the season before that and in the playoffs the season before that. Financial issues aside under our last owners, yes, but so far TS does not even own the ground or academy yet. For all we know he bought the club for one pound. And in 3 transfer windows we are net sellers. Not sure how all of this is "cleaning up" a mess? It's not like he inherited Barcelona with a billion in debt.
    Could you give it a rest with this net sellers thing? It's such a nonsense stat.
    So TS said when he took over the goal was the Premier League in 5 seasons, which made me LOL the very moment I heard it. Do we seem on pace to you? 47 months left til the PL! :D 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well , the efl publish a list of teams under embargo now don't they? 
  • Chunes said:
    Well that's because they're two different people. One has built up a bank of goodwill and the other terrorised us and didn't give a flying shit. 
    Totally get that. And you are right. But between no signings in 3 weeks and a threadbare squad as the season is already underway and the fiasco of RRR the other day, I think that bank of goodwill is depleting more than one might think. And if we finish lower than last year (I think we finish 7th-14th this year) then things could get dark pretty fast.
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    We’ve not signed anyone in three weeks, other clubs in our league don’t have a problem signing players, so the excuse about the market is wearing thin. Clearly there is something up and the lack off comms and vagueness is causing frustration within fan base! 
    It might be “wearing thin” but it doesn’t mean it isn’t true. Sunderland had waited even longer for a signing and then yesterday they signed a 19 year old from Spurs with no first team experience.
    Their fans are not at all happy with their owners over this window. Their happiness over the new owners lasted less than one year. It's absurd that Sunderland can't get out of L1 and even more than us, they've gone backwards this off-season.
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderlands-sluggish-transfer-window-threatens-21177310

• Dazzler21 said:
    If the squad hasn't changed by the time the window has closed I am sure we'll all be on the same boat, but until that window slams shut, I have faith we will sign the required players.
    I do like your optimism. Hope you are right. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    If the squad hasn't changed by the time the window has closed I am sure we'll all be on the same boat, but until that window slams shut, I have faith we will sign the required players.
    Of course it will have changed by the end of the window but that's not dofficult!

However will it have as many players as we need?... looking debatable!
  • We Are starting to drift with the bookies now, out from 12/1 to 14/1. There opinion on us is obviously negative. 
  • Chunes said:
    Well that's because they're two different people. One has built up a bank of goodwill and the other terrorised us and didn't give a flying shit. 
    Totally get that. And you are right. But between no signings in 3 weeks and a threadbare squad as the season is already underway and the fiasco of RRR the other day, I think that bank of goodwill is depleting more than one might think. And if we finish lower than last year (I think we finish 7th-14th this year) then things could get dark pretty fast.
    Well you've had it in for TS for a while so that does seem to be your perspective. Which you are more than entitled to.
  • I am a bit concerned at the lack of movement, obviously there's nothing we can do with the Kirk situation that's a wait and see if it actually happens or not.

I was hoping we'd go down the 2-3 quality loans route and fill out the squad with free agents given there's seemingly a lot a around. Of course that's still possible as some of these players might get to September and realise they need to play. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!