Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

A experienced and successful manager with a good back room staff.

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

come on people less negatively on here COYR 
    The club as a whole is hopefully in it's strongest position (due to having an honest owner), than it has been since pre Jiminez/Slater.

But a stable club is much reduced if it cannot field 11 players of top 6 L1 ability.

AS OF TODAY/RIGHT NOW, the squad is debatably the worst in my living memory.
    We have arguably 12/13 fit decent players.
    Purrington & Gilbey make 14/15.

Arguably 5 players out injured/suspended is somewhere around the norm, which would leave us with 9 or 10 if you include Elerewy (the only academy player able to step up to the squad on last night's performance).

We need at least 6 first team level players and now have 3 week left.
    We need a LW, LB, CAM, striker, CH & GK in that prioity.

Our season is totally dependant on the signings/no signings.

6 good signings and we could be challenging for automatic promotion.
    3/4 good signings and we could be challenging for the automatics.
    NO good signings and we'll be relegated.
    Heaven help us as it stands if Stockley, Innis, Famewo and MacGillivray get injured.

The next 3 weeks are so crucial.  
    I've all but given up hope on smashing through this league, being Champions, Premier League in 4 years and europe a few years after.
    Oh please … The worst in living memory. Really! Never have I seen such an overreaction in my life. I agree we’re short of quality in depth but this squad is never in a million years the worst in living memory. Clearly you wasn’t around in the 70’s. 
    Crofts and Foley era? That felt pretty poor at times. 
    The team Powell took to Rochdale a few months before his "rebuild" was probably one of the the worst teams ever.  Certainly the worst I have ever seen. 
    You obviously never witnessed the Phil Ferns & Billy Lansdowne partnership in the early 80's....
    Legends 

• She does look like a horse doesnt she...
    Completely off topic I know (but then so are 99% of the posts on here!) but does anyone know what is she up to now? 
    Asking for a friend? :smiley:
  • edited August 2021
    its obvious to me that we are waiting for our 5 loan signings, i dont expect more than 2 permanent signings but they will be decent
    I think so too and I expect many/most of us do.
    But every transfer window the expected signings don't arrive in the end.
    We can but wait.

The first 11 are nowhere near the worst, but the only reasonable player on the bench on Saturday was Pearce and that was pre injuries, first game.
    We have no squad to speak of, just a first 11/12.
  • Sunderland sign Dennis Cikrin from Spurs on a permanent deal. He’s a 19 year old left back. Another we’ve missed out on or are we looking for better?
  • VFR4life said:
    Also been told that nothing in the Mahoney rumour
    You simultaneously excited and depressed me as I had missed that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Baah to Donny annoys me. Ripped us apart last season, plays in a position we desperately need. 
    Remember it well but was it a one off, did he put in similar performances in other games?
  • Hopefully the start of the loan market moving, Premier League 25s need to be confirmed this week as well I believe? 
  • Scoham said:
    Sunderland sign Dennis Cikrin from Spurs on a permanent deal. He’s a 19 year old left back. Another we’ve missed out on or are we looking for better?
    Highly rated by Spurs fans, the type of young player we should have been in for.
    Very inexperienced though, I'd be surprised if he became Sunderland's first choice considering he's never played a senior game
  • my mate played for welling in the eighties when berry joined them just as he was finishing his career - said he was awful - i remember both of them as a kid and all i remember about them is lumping it into the channel and getting done for pace  
  • Scoham said:
    Sunderland sign Dennis Cikrin from Spurs on a permanent deal. He’s a 19 year old left back. Another we’ve missed out on or are we looking for better?
    Highly rated by Spurs fans, the type of young player we should have been in for.
    I can no longer tell if this type of comment is genuine, fantasy, or just a joke. 
  • Scoham said:
    Probably just outbid us, Sunderland have lots of money than we do and have also been selective in their recruitment.
  • Vfrf said:
    Scoham said:
    Probably just outbid us, Sunderland have lots of money than we do and have also been selective in their recruitment.
    Does this mean Denver Hume becomes available? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    I can no longer tell if this type of comment is genuine, fantasy, or just a joke. 

It was genuine.
  • When can I start wetting the bed?

I’ve been laying here for a few weeks now desperate to go, but I’ve been told not to.

Can’t say I’m actually excited about Saturday, more anxious. 90 mins for our seniors to inevitably get injured or throw on a kid to make a mistake.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Questions should be asked as to why we are again going to be relying heavily on loans vs buying players, if/when this inevitably happens. 
    It’s because we are not premier league, every club outside of it relies on loan players, further down the leagues you go I’d guess the more loans there are.  
  • Gone an hour and a half and only 55 new posts? I am disappointed.
  • If we had signed him, the complaints would have been massive 
  • Asked a Spurs friend who's ITK with them, he's been told Clarke is off to the championship on loan, hope he's wrong!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!