Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Jack Clarke would be excellent if there wasn’t 24 championship clubs placed above us.  And Ipswich.
    Perhaps the Leicester song needs changing to “and Ipswich” I hear the motorway signs are getting changed in advance of their winning the league
  • Jack Clarke would be excellent if there wasn’t 24 championship clubs placed above us.  And Ipswich.
    Perhaps the Leicester song needs changing to “and Ipswich” I hear the motorway signs are getting changed in advance of their winning the league
    Something I’ve always wondered - why is it Leicester?
  • TeeC said:
    Jack Clarke would be excellent if there wasn’t 24 championship clubs placed above us.  And Ipswich.
    Something I’ve always wondered - why is it Leicester?
    Cos the motorway sign says “…and Leicester “
  • @Covered End even if we sign nobody else this window I really can't see us getting relegated. Lower mid table is the worst case scenario IMHO, just because the worst teams in this league are usually absolutely terrible! There's a real possibility, however, that come the end of the season we could record our lowest league position in 90 years, but not relegation. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Ben Thompson anybody.
    I’d take anybody.
  • We won't get relegated with this side, no. But we sure has hell won't get anywhere near the top 6 either. 

The concerning thing for me is there's nothing to suggest to me so far that we'll be entertaining to watch this season, and I'll be ok with that if it's effective and gets us out of this poxy league, but that won't be the case with the current players.

3 weeks to shape the squad, and any new signings now will take time to integrate into our squad, the system in place and the way we play
  • edited August 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Ben Thompson anybody.
    He’d never come to Charlton. Millwall through and through and I remember him outing a few Charlton fans for making fun of his younger brother who died before one of our games
    I've been thinking 'seb Lewis' would make a good new addition to that song. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Ben Thompson anybody.
    He’d never come to Charlton. Millwall through and through and I remember him outing a few Charlton fans for making fun of his younger brother who died before one of our games
    If he goes anywhere it will be back to Pompey , despite the Morrell signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Rylo said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Ben Thompson anybody.
    I’d take anybody.
    I am available, but I am nearly 47, 3 stone overweight and with no discernable talent.
    You can only put yourself forward if you are Either related to Ged Roddy or have within a 5 mile radius of Reading. 
  • I wish I was only 3 stone overweight 😩
  • cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Rylo said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Ben Thompson anybody.
    I’d take anybody.
    I am available, but I am nearly 47, 3 stone overweight and with no discernable talent.
    You can only put yourself forward if you are Either related to Ged Roddy or have within a 5 mile radius of Reading. 
    I nearly have my own 5 mile radius
    That is good news - you will be closer to the goal than any of our players have been so far this season. 
  • sam3110 said:
    We won't get relegated with this side, no. But we sure has hell won't get anywhere near the top 6 either. 

The concerning thing for me is there's nothing to suggest to me so far that we'll be entertaining to watch this season, and I'll be ok with that if it's effective and gets us out of this poxy league, but that won't be the case with the current players.

3 weeks to shape the squad, and any new signings now will take time to integrate into our squad, the system in place and the way we play
    I thought some of our play against Wednesday was far more entertaining than last season when we saw Pratley, Pearce and Amos passing it between themselves for 90 minutes tbf
  • sam3110 said:
    We won't get relegated with this side, no. But we sure has hell won't get anywhere near the top 6 either. 

We cant afford to get even slightly unlucky with injuries though - otherwise what happened v Wimbledon will be a normal league game. 
  • Are people just throwing names out there for a laugh or are we linked? Asking for a friend. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Are people just throwing names out there for a laugh or are we linked? Asking for a friend. 
    I might have been with Lukaku...
  • RedRobin said:
    Are people just throwing names out there for a laugh or are we linked? Asking for a friend. 
    Think your friend has more chance of signing to be honest.....
  • sam3110 said:

We cant afford to get even slightly unlucky with injuries though - otherwise what happened v Wimbledon will be a normal league game. 
    You could argue we have been already 2 of the 4 out would start.
  • bobmunro said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Baah Signing for Donny
    Really can’t understand why we wouldn’t be in for him. Proven at this level and in a position we need options for. 
    Slow again....
    We’re we slow to react on Baah?  Or just saw he scored 3 in 21. Twice against us and largely fuck all else.  
    We are looking for players to get us out of the division as opposed to a punt on someone who might come good
    He got himself out of this division with Watford .
    In that case go and support them and you can get out of this division too.  

Watford can afford to stockpile players on the chance they will become great / we don’t have that sort of luxury at the moment so he shouldn’t really be on our wish list!
    We seem.not to algorithm one player at the moment. Watford was a dump of a ground accessed via an allowing the60's. The club was a joke. Now look.
    If that's spellchecker then something is awry with your phone!
    Far finger syndrome and didn't check. Bloody predictive txt too.
    Is that where your finger is too short to reach? 
  • edited August 2021
    @Covered End even if we sign nobody else this window I really can't see us getting relegated. Lower mid table is the worst case scenario IMHO, just because the worst teams in this league are usually absolutely terrible! There's a real possibility, however, that come the end of the season we could record our lowest league position in 90 years, but not relegation. 
    So if we sign nobody and in early September Stockley, Innis & Famewo get long term injuries and we can't replace them, you don't think we'll get relegated?

We will get 3/4 players out at a time, we always do and we only have 12/13 reasonable fit players now.

Davison your only striker & Pearce & Elerewe as your central defenders.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

A experienced and successful manager with a good back room staff.

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

come on people less negatively on here COYR 
    The club as a whole is hopefully in it's strongest position (due to having an honest owner), than it has been since pre Jiminez/Slater.

But a stable club is much reduced if it cannot field 11 players of top 6 L1 ability.

AS OF TODAY/RIGHT NOW, the squad is debatably the worst in my living memory.
    We have arguably 12/13 fit decent players.
    Purrington & Gilbey make 14/15.

Arguably 5 players out injured/suspended is somewhere around the norm, which would leave us with 9 or 10 if you include Elerewy (the only academy player able to step up to the squad on last night's performance).

We need at least 6 first team level players and now have 3 week left.
    We need a LW, LB, CAM, striker, CH & GK in that prioity.

Our season is totally dependant on the signings/no signings.

6 good signings and we could be challenging for automatic promotion.
    3/4 good signings and we could be challenging for the automatics.
    NO good signings and we'll be relegated.
    Heaven help us as it stands if Stockley, Innis, Famewo and MacGillivray get injured.

The next 3 weeks are so crucial.  
    I've all but given up hope on smashing through this league, being Champions, Premier League in 4 years and europe a few years after.
    Oh please … The worst in living memory. Really! Never have I seen such an overreaction in my life. I agree we’re short of quality in depth but this squad is never in a million years the worst in living memory. Clearly you wasn’t around in the 70’s. 
    Crofts and Foley era? That felt pretty poor at times. 
    The team Powell took to Rochdale a few months before his "rebuild" was probably one of the the worst teams ever.  Certainly the worst I have ever seen. 
    You obviously never witnessed the Phil Ferns & Billy Lansdowne partnership in the early 80's....
  • _MrDick said:
    Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

A experienced and successful manager with a good back room staff.

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

come on people less negatively on here COYR 
    The club as a whole is hopefully in it's strongest position (due to having an honest owner), than it has been since pre Jiminez/Slater.

But a stable club is much reduced if it cannot field 11 players of top 6 L1 ability.

AS OF TODAY/RIGHT NOW, the squad is debatably the worst in my living memory.
    We have arguably 12/13 fit decent players.
    Purrington & Gilbey make 14/15.

Arguably 5 players out injured/suspended is somewhere around the norm, which would leave us with 9 or 10 if you include Elerewy (the only academy player able to step up to the squad on last night's performance).

We need at least 6 first team level players and now have 3 week left.
    We need a LW, LB, CAM, striker, CH & GK in that prioity.

Our season is totally dependant on the signings/no signings.

6 good signings and we could be challenging for automatic promotion.
    3/4 good signings and we could be challenging for the automatics.
    NO good signings and we'll be relegated.
    Heaven help us as it stands if Stockley, Innis, Famewo and MacGillivray get injured.

The next 3 weeks are so crucial.  
    I've all but given up hope on smashing through this league, being Champions, Premier League in 4 years and europe a few years after.
    Oh please … The worst in living memory. Really! Never have I seen such an overreaction in my life. I agree we’re short of quality in depth but this squad is never in a million years the worst in living memory. Clearly you wasn’t around in the 70’s. 
    I'd argue the players at Phil Parkinson's disposal were worse too... Living memory! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!