Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Shrewsbury looking at Cosgrove on loan
    Good player at this level.
    Surely we can compete with Shrews.! 🤔
    I'm sure we can "compete with Shrews", but it is irrelevant if we are not interested in him, we know we are short in the recruitment of players, but we aren't gonna go after someone who becomes available just because they are available,.. trust in Steve & Co to get it right...sooner the better. B)
  • DOUCHER said:
    Fast forward a month and we will all be hailing Gallen and TS for holding their nerve and pulling off some great signings, at great prices - or we will be back to 'he's got no money, we'd be better off with... etc etc' . Noises definitely started coming out about a lack of funds a few months back but i reckon that was to try and reverse some of the division blowing money image that may have been built up so better value could be achieved. However, we will only know once we know, everything else is a guess. 
    Several scenarios could play out really, even if we have money to spend. I'm assuming we'll get some loan players plus

a) we spend money and sign 2 or 3 excellent players
    b) we have cash but miss our targets and instead spend significant money in desperation on mediocre players
    c) we have cash but miss our targets and instead end up making a couple of cheap signings (of the Josh Parker ilk)
    d) we have cash but miss our targets and instead end up giving free agents a go
    or combinations of the above.

• Got mentioned on here, and was probably never a realistic target but Ike Ugbo is set to sign for Genk
  • bobmunro said:

She does look like a horse doesnt she...
    Completely off topic I know (but then so are 99% of the posts on here!) but does anyone know what is she up to now? 
    Back in Belgium - non-exec director of a document processing software company.
    Is that a posh way of saying she does the photocopying?
    She's still undergoing training for that task - not going well I hear!
  • More likely to be ‘Stairlift to Heaven’ down at Charlton.
    Did Rolf Harris do a cover of that one? B)
  • Chunes said:

Can't be TS

He'd spell it Ass ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Couple of things - the supposed TS LinkedIn message was posted elsewhere but not by who we are all assuming!
    Secondly TS hasn't stopped talking to fans on LinkedIn, I can vouch for that, and before anyone assumes differently I've been in contact with TS for just over 12 months, and 'No' I've not been talking to him about transfers or anything on the playing side. 
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    So in the last 2 weeks we’ve managed to sign a coach company and Scott Minto. Next it will be Jacob Roddy on a 12 year contract. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jack Clarke 👀👀
    Wouldnt be a bad move
  • Jack Clarke would an interesting link , it's never really worked for him since going to Spurs but has ability and Spurs made him available for loan today. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jack Clarke 👀👀

Think that would be a great signing but bet he'll want a Championship loan.
  • Jack Clarke would be a great signing 
  • Sponsored links:

• No chance in League 1. 
  • What's so good about this Clarke guy? Never heard of him
  • I understand what the club is trying to do with transfers but we will drop points with an under full strength squad and we all know its a fine line between promotion and play off places....hopefully we won't be here at the end of the season saying if we signed so and so earlier we would have been promoted or made the playoffs
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Baah Signing for Donny
    Really can’t understand why we wouldn’t be in for him. Proven at this level and in a position we need options for. 
    Slow again....
    We’re we slow to react on Baah?  Or just saw he scored 3 in 21. Twice against us and largely fuck all else.  
    We are looking for players to get us out of the division as opposed to a punt on someone who might come good
    He got himself out of this division with Watford .
    In that case go and support them and you can get out of this division too.  

Watford can afford to stockpile players on the chance they will become great / we don’t have that sort of luxury at the moment so he shouldn’t really be on our wish list!
    We seem.not to algorithm one player at the moment. Watford was a dump of a ground accessed via an allowing the60's. The club was a joke. Now look.
    A perfect example of “the day is darkest before the dawn”
    we’ve been very very dark and dawn has broken - but there is still a bit of time before the sun is at full shine 
  • Jac_52 said:
    What's so good about this Clarke guy? Never heard of him
    Was a good player for Leeds when they got promoted. Tottenham signed him for something silly like £15m and it hasn’t worked out yet. 

Like a lot of Leeds players, they’re good because of the system and not necessarily amazing players in their own right. He’d be better than what we’ve got though but I suspect he’ll be on loan in the championship come the end of the window. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jack Clarke 👀👀
    Specky 4 eyes?
    Not having that from you short....... :wink:
  • edited August 2021
    Jac_52 said:
    Came through the Leeds academy Spurs apparently paid £10m for him was loaned back to Leeds but got recalled as Bielsa never played him enough. Had been on loan at QPR and Stoke last season where he made 14 appearances.  Now recovered from an achilles problem. England U 20 international currently valued at £4.5m 🤷‍♂️
  • Jac_52 said:
    Was a good player for Leeds when they got promoted. Tottenham signed him for something silly like £15m and it hasn’t worked out yet. 

Like a lot of Leeds players, they’re good because of the system and not necessarily amazing players in their own right. He’d be better than what we’ve got though but I suspect he’ll be on loan in the championship come the end of the window. 
    Was on loan at stoke last year didn’t do much but again playing time was minimal. Tottenham might want to loan him to league 1 to know he will start with the view that in January if he is playing well he goes on loan to the championship. Clear needs game
    time. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!