Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• cs1986 said:
    Braving another suggestion 😂
    What about going back in for Tom Lockyer? Doesn’t seem to be getting a look in Luton’s team anymore and think he will be a decent addition and he knows the club very well. 
    I liked Lockyer a lot but defence definitely ain't a problem right now. Attackers!!!
    If we don’t sign cover for Innis plus a left back we’ll be in bother at some point this season. 
  • If our strategy really is to bide our time & wait for player demands to reduce as they get more desperate to sign a deal as the transfer deadline draws closer, it's a dangerous strategy.

We could be very busy on transfer deadline week.  Alternatively, it could all go tits up & we could be left desperately short of numbers.  

Time will tell!!
  • Jac_52 said:
    What about going back in for Tom Lockyer? Doesn’t seem to be getting a look in Luton’s team anymore and think he will be a decent addition and he knows the club very well. 
    Too short for a CB IMO.
    A couple of inches taller than Barker who some on here fancy as a CB
  •   Lockyer is not what we need.  Too short for a centre back, positionally weak (and not quick enough to make up for it) and his passing was woeful.  
    If a defender makes as many last ditch tackles as he did you have to question his positioning in the first place
  • Jac_52 said:
    Too short for a CB IMO.
    A couple of inches taller than Barker who some on here fancy as a CB
    There’s a reason Barker is behind Elewere. He only played last season because u23s weren’t eligible because of the squad rules.
  • A post on the other forum, supposedly from TS on LinkedIn 

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”
  • Stevie Nicks, cancels some gigs that is a rumour I have heard.

• Pretty much every thread on Charlton Life at the moment. Glad I took a break to catch up! 
  • sammy391 said:
    A post on the other forum, supposedly from TS on LinkedIn 

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”
    Who are the stupid journalists 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrewsbury looking at Cosgrove on loan
  • I'm as patient as the next person, but all this talk of what's going on behind the scenes is beginning to do my tits in. 
  • I don’t see Crewe selling Dale for £500k even if he has just the year left on contract. They’ll look to get more than that for him if they are even willing to sell or he wants to leave. 
    That's fine but if clubs are selling because they need the money, how much can potential buyers afford? All clubs suffered financially therefore the market is determined by available resource not lack of will as some would have it. 
  • cs1986 said:
    I liked Lockyer a lot but defence definitely ain't a problem right now. Attackers!!!
    It's not the biggest problem, but we do need another RCB, especially as Innis can't be relied on to play 40 league games a season. We play Oxford on Saturday and MKD on Tuesday, can Innis play both games?
  • Swisdom said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Baah to Donny annoys me. Ripped us apart last season, plays in a position we desperately need. 
    Ripped Paul Smyth apart for 45 minutes.  Did he do much else last season 
    Signed for a premier league team.
  • sammy391 said:

“ said:
    Fantastic shit stirring but I don’t believe that for one second. 

To start with he hasn’t even faced any criticism from journalists. 
  • MattF said:
    sammy391 said:

“ said:
    Who are the stupid journalists 
    Nixon.  Not in the context of your question, but an answer that still fits the question.
  • shine166 said:
    The deals are on the table .. as the club confirmed 
    Which club ? Certainly not ours 
    think it was in the SLP or somewhere recently saying we had made bids so I'd imagine seeing as no-one has signed then those bids are still on the table.
    Not if they've joined other clubs, or if the story was bollox 
  • sammy391 said:

“ said:

Where did he suggest he has?
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrewsbury looking at Cosgrove on loan
    Good player at this level.
  • edited August 2021
    sammy391 said:

“ said:
    More bullshit from the forum that can’t be named
    "Can't be named" make 'em sound like MI5 or FBI, rather than MFI... B)
  • cs1986 said:
    It's not the biggest problem, but we do need another RCB, especially as Innis can't be relied on to play 40 league games a season. We play Oxford on Saturday and MKD on Tuesday, can Innis play both games?
    Be surprised if he can manage both games mate. Maybe what I should of said is I would like Lockyer but if its a choice between Lockyer and an attacking player I want the attacker. I would rather see Deji play if needs be than any of the youth attackers.
  • edited August 2021
    Baah the classic "played well against us so must be a world beater ignoring all evidence which may suggest otherwise" player.
    Trouble is we made most opposition players look like worldies at home last year because we were proper garbage at The Valley.
  • Rothko said:
    Quiet enjoying the revisionism of the RD era
    Grass was always greener on the other side springs to mind. 
    In retrospect players like Yoni Buyons, JBG, Vetokeke, Teixeira, Bulot & Watt were a damn sight better than Clare & Dobson. 
    Okay so in the interest of balance.  

Now give us a list of key players that Roland sold off for nothing/lower than market value Vs what TS has sold??

Roland outs

Button undisc
    Smith undisc
    Stephens undisc
    Alnwick free
    Yann undisc
    Hughes free
    Cook free
    Court free
    evina free
    Gower free
    Holland's free
    Hamer free
    Green free
    Pritchard free
    Devite free
    Poyet compo
    Wood free
    Morrison free
    Ben haim free
    Lepoint undisc
    Gomez 3.5 million
    Church free
    Eagles released 
    Etheridge free
    Onyewu released
    Bikey cancelled 
    Wilson released
    Wiggins undisc
    Nego free
    Vaz te free
    Moussa free
    Parzyszeck free
    Reza released 
    Motta released
    Piggott released
    Tucudean released 
    Dimitovic free
    Cousins undisc
    Gudmundsson undisc 
    Pope undisc
    Henderson free
    Harriot undisc
    Bergdich released
    Diarra released 
    Lookman - 11 million
    Foley released
    Fox undisc
    Ba released 
    Chicksen released 
    Johnson released 
    Texiera undisc
    Ceballos undisc
    Watt undisc
    Novak undisc
    Holmes undisc
    Crofts released 
    Konsa undisc 
    Lennon undisc
    Magennis undisc
    Kashi released
    Grant undisc
    Clarke free
    Ajose released 
    Aribo compo
    Bauer free
    Fosu free
    Marshall free
    Reeves free
    Parker free
    Ventokelle free
    Dijksteel undisc

Sandgaard outs

Lockyer free
    Bonne undisc (2mil)
    Phillips undisc 
    Lapslie undisc 
    Doughty undisc 
    Bogle undisc 
    Williams undisc 
    Amos free
    Aneke free
    Madison released 
    Deji released 
    Oztumer released 
    Pratley released 
    Shinnie released 

For curiosities sake 
    Thank you CL P.

So those who are going to make silly comparisons between Roland’s 6 years of transfers and TS’s 11 months, at least do it properly rather than half the story that you feel suits your narrative. 

Roland was an absolute shambles.
    I've not said anything about players released or sold under Duchatalet. I simply said about 5 weeks ago that under RD we signed some decent players & that in the early days he backed the manager. Someone then posted some players we signed one summer & how by mid-late July we had signed more than TS's regime has done so far.

It was a simple analysis between 2 new owners & their backing of the manager during the summer transfer window. No more, no less. But of course, people like to shoot me down before reading what I post.
  • edited August 2021
    sammy391 said:

“ said:
    More bullshit from the forum that can’t be named
    "Can't be named" make 'em sound like MI5 or FBI, rather than MFI... "Made up For Idiots"
    As opposed to the 100% accurate 'in the know' posts we get on here??
  • edited August 2021
    sammy391 said:

“ said:

Why wouldn’t you believe it mate? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

I obviously don’t know for sure, but I definitely could see him replying to a fan via LinkedIn with the above. 
  • cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Be surprised if he can manage both games mate. Maybe what I should of said is I would like Lockyer but if its a choice between Lockyer and an attacking player I want the attacker. I would rather see Deji play if needs be than any of the youth attackers.
    I don't especially rate Lockyer, but I doubt he'd sign just to be cover for Innis in L1 anyway! He's expect to be first choice, and possibly captain too

In an ideal world what we'd want as the 4th CB would be an academy player like Deji, but aged 20/21 with some experience already
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!