Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    I've heard Adkins is going to walk due to lack of transfer activity and Guy Luzon will be making a return. 
    That's Guy Luzon who Ronnie/Bexley Boy Colin Sams said was the third best manager in Charlton history.

No, really, he said that.
    And so he was, just behind Toto the dog in The Wizard of Oz AND the Sugar Plum Fairy...
  • Just got a message from TS on LinkedIn:

”Please tell all the moaners and bedwetters on CharltonLife to calm down. It’s my club and I’ll do what I want. Up the Addicks!”

I said I would pass it on.
    Good on you TS.

Red Red Robin was first,

Next, it’s on to changing our home shirts from red to Millwall blue or Surrey stripes.
  • Macronate said:
    Just got a message from TS on LinkedIn:

”Please tell all the moaners and bedwetters on CharltonLife to calm down. It’s my club and I’ll do what I want. Up the Addicks!”

Good on you TS.

Red Red Robin was first,

Next, it’s on to changing our home shirts from red to Millwall blue or Surrey stripes.
    Any news on ground sharing with the spanners on the Peninsula?
  • bobmunro said:
    Macronate said:
    Just got a message from TS on LinkedIn:

Good on you TS.

Red Red Robin was first,

Any news on ground sharing with the spanners on the Peninsula?
    Half the seats will be blue and the other half red.  He fancies the name Palace as well because like most yanks he loves the Royal Family.
  • sammy391 said:
    A post on the other forum, supposedly from TS on LinkedIn 

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”

I can verify that does have a bit of TS's writing style on LinkedIn about it. He is very open and honest. 
  • Baah the classic "played well against us so must be a world beater ignoring all evidence which may suggest otherwise" player.

Agree up to a point but not in the case of Bellingham at 16 scoring at the Valley, Ben White for Leeds when 22 or Baah when 17 at the valley.

Baah very nearly signed for Man city in the summer so his  two goals did help for Rochdale but they were already monitoring his progress as  the U14 coach at Man city had worked with Kwadwo Baah in London after his release from Palace. The move broke down on a "technicality" but Watford were quick to pounce for a young talent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    A post on the other forum, supposedly from TS on LinkedIn 

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”
    Fantastic shit stirring but I don’t believe that for one second. 

To start with he hasn’t even faced any criticism from journalists. 
    Why wouldn’t you believe it mate? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

I obviously don’t know for sure, but I definitely could see him replying to a fan via LinkedIn with the above. 
    I think the Scandinavian and middle Eastern based posters to whom I'm thinking you are referring are in contact with a relative of Thomas and much of their info come from him. I maybe wrong.

But those posters have been given wrong information ( or things changed last minute) in the last week.

But the fact it's from proven fantasist Ronnie/Bexley Boy/Colin Sams immediately puts doubts in most people's minds as does the lack of screen grab.

We also can't see, crucially, what TS is meant to be responding to.

Without that context it's hard to judge but for what it is worth the "j ournalist" might be Rod "domestic violence perpetrator" Liddle
    I don’t know as don’t read other forums but told it was not from that poster. And, once again, please refrain from ‘naming’ other users. There is absolutely no need for it. 
  • VFR4life said:
    Also one for you guys, understaand it was Andy Marshall who would tell cawley all the gossip beforehand. seems inline with cawley not knowing/releasing as much since marshall has left.
    Cawley speaks to agents
  • cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    It's painfully clear that the current squad is nowhere good enough to challenge for promotion ... either automatic or via the play-offs.

Yes, we have some time to improve the squad, but we've left ourselves a lot to do.

Even with what we have, we look like a hoofball team aiming for Stockley's head. 

OK, so that's Plan A.  There is no apparent Plan B.

Is the honeymoon over for Sandgaard?   Yes, he has saved the Club.  But he has shot himself in the foot with the fine words about reaching the Premier League in five years.

If we believe what we read, we also committed to a £500k per year rental agreement with Duchatelet for the next 15 years.  Nice.  And someone else with have to deal with the consequences when that agreement comes to an end.

No significant investment in what was going to be a Summer of Love where we built a squad to "blow it out of this division."

Sandgaard seems to be a nice guy, with honourable intent.  But I sense that the cost of his dreams is now dawning upon him ... and he's coming up short.

Football is not a place to make money, Thomas.  In fact, the opposite.  

If you want into this, you have to do better.
    To play devil's advocate 
    Ipswich are throwing money about and bought a lot but not winning either 
    Lincoln proved last season that you can compete in this league without spending too much. Tom may be saving his money for until we get to the Championship. Then he spunkz it all and gambles. 
    That's the feeling I get from the guy. 
    We aint getting anywhere near the Championship without significant investment.

Our academy's best prospects have been taken year on year and we are left with the lesser prospects. Our professional squad lacks any stand out players.

We have signed 2 league 1 cast offs in midfield who may improve. Stockley is a good signing but needs to play in a 2. He doesn't score enough to play up top on his own.

Our 20/21/22 year old players aren't good enough. 
    Significant investment is a phrase I'm not comfortable with. It seems to be an excuse to pressure owners to spend to keep up with others.
    It is a term to state how much investment we need in this squad of players.  I dont think for a second we should be paying lads 10k a week in this league or spending fortunes but we need significant investment in the playing squad. We aren't close to having a competitive squad so it's significant.
    We payed our players a lot more than Lincoln last season and they done well.
    I am not sure what you mean here. I love the Defence and Keeper - maybe another left back. The midfield is not great. We also desperately need wingers and a goal scorer.

Sorry was using Lincoln as an example that overhauled their squad well.
    We chose to pay big wages for Watson Gunter Matthews and countless others. 
    I'd rather us try our youngsters than pay these wallies money. 
    I'm in a minority I know mate.
    I can only presume you didn't go to watch Charlton last night.
    Elewere was decent.
    Roddy, Ghandour and Clayden looked no where near good enough.
  • edited August 2021

She does look like a horse doesnt she...
  • edited August 2021

Sir Alex Ferguson Reveals 8 Secrets to Success
  • I trust @ButtleJR & @Covered_End_Lad on most of their Charlton content, however I do believe he can speak in a similar way to that post. I doubt he'd be calling journo's stupid etc though. 

This was during the club purchase saga.

• I've heard Adkins is going to walk due to lack of transfer activity and Guy Luzon will be making a return. 
    “Walkings Brilliant” 
  • Redhenry said:
    VFR4life said:
    Also one for you guys, understaand it was Andy Marshall who would tell cawley all the gossip beforehand. seems inline with cawley not knowing/releasing as much since marshall has left.
    Cawley speaks to agents

• Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    RedRobin said:
    Well another day goes by, what’s the bet we won’t see anyone come in this week? 
    Yes 4/6
    No 11/10
    I’ll take those odds!

• She does look like a horse doesnt she...
    Completely off topic I know (but then so are 99% of the posts on here!) but does anyone know what is she up to now? 
  • even for me  :D

• She does look like a horse doesnt she...
    Completely off topic I know (but then so are 99% of the posts on here!) but does anyone know what is she up to now? 
    Back in Belgium - non-exec director of a document processing software company.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!