Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

A experienced and successful manager with a good back room staff.

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

come on people less negatively on here COYR 
    The club as a whole is hopefully in it's strongest position (due to having an honest owner), than it has been since pre Jiminez/Slater.

But a stable club is much reduced if it cannot field 11 players of top 6 L1 ability.

AS OF TODAY/RIGHT NOW, the squad is debatably the worst in my living memory.
    We have arguably 12/13 fit decent players.
    Purrington & Gilbey make 14/15.

Arguably 5 players out injured/suspended is somewhere around the norm, which would leave us with 9 or 10 if you include Elerewy (the only academy player able to step up to the squad on last night's performance).

We need at least 6 first team level players and now have 3 week left.
    We need a LW, LB, CAM, striker, CH & GK in that prioity.

Our season is totally dependant on the signings/no signings.

6 good signings and we could be challenging for automatic promotion.
    3/4 good signings and we could be challenging for the automatics.
    NO good signings and we'll be relegated.
    Heaven help us as it stands if Stockley, Innis, Famewo and MacGillivray get injured.

The next 3 weeks are so crucial.  
    I've all but given up hope on smashing through this league, being Champions, Premier League in 4 years and europe a few years after.
  • Hes The kind of attacking midfielder we are crying out for ! 

From another london team so ideal with our location

I reckon adkins could be the man to get confidence back in a player with obvious ability like clarke would be nice if we was in for a player like that🙏🏻🤞🏻
  • Jack Clarke would be excellent if there wasn’t 24 championship clubs placed above us.  And Ipswich.
  • Clarke didn't play for Leeds when they got promoted, it was the season before when they lost in the play offs. He did rejoin Leeds for the 19/20 season but only played once. You'd think he would get a Champ move but hasn't done an awful lot so maybe not. 
  • Got mentioned on here, and was probably never a realistic target but Ike Ugbo is set to sign for Genk
    I think I made that up as a joke about 6 weeks ago in a bid to get on the list.
  • edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

I think this is counterproductive.  It just encourages attention seekers to clog the thread up with invented rumours.

Trevoh Chalobah and Ike Ugbo in on loan.
    Yup there it is.  Nearly 3 months ago, back when this was all funny.
  • Chunes said:

I love that version of Stairway. Miss Given ladies & gentlemen......
  • Jack Clarke is a bit like Bielik in that he's a proper Football Manager signing. Always available for a loan on the game, apparently high potential, been on loans before and not stood out and at that point hadn't yet shown what any of the fuss was about. Bielik came of age with us though so if we're in for Clarke it would be great if the same happened for him with us.
  • edited August 2021
    And heres the other one:

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/transfer-news/report-trevoh-chalobah-preparing-to-leave-chelsea-on-loan

Does this mean I am now officially ITK?

Do I get a badge or sash or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

The club as a whole is hopefully in it's strongest position (due to having an honest owner), than it has been since pre Jiminez/Slater.

But a stable club is much reduced if it cannot field 11 players of top 6 L1 ability.

Arguably 5 players out injured/suspended is somewhere around the norm, which would leave us with 9 or 10 if you include Elerewy (the only academy player able to step up to the squad on last night's performance).

Heaven help us as it stands if Stockley, Innis, Famewo and MacGillivray get injured.

I've all but given up hope on smashing through this league, being Champions, Premier League in 4 years and europe a few years after.
    Oh please … The worst in living memory. Really! Never have I seen such an overreaction in my life. I agree we’re short of quality in depth but this squad is never in a million years the worst in living memory. Clearly you wasn’t around in the 70’s. 
    Even the team that lost 2-1 at Dag & Red ten years ago will take some beating.

We are nowhere near as bad as that side.

Ross Warner, Matt Fry, Miguel Llera, Alan McCormack, Dean Parrett, Frank Nouble...
    Dean Parrett wasn't even that bad tbh
  • And heres the other one:

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/transfer-news/report-trevoh-chalobah-preparing-to-leave-chelsea-on-loan

Does this mean I am now officially ITK?

Do I get a badge or sash or something?
    Only ITK if you’re a Valencia fan! Not a mention of Charlton in that article….I want my money back! 
  • Chunes said:

I love that version of Stairway. Miss Given ladies & gentlemen......
    Hang your head in shame Golfie.. :s
  • Heard a rumour the head of academy coaching at Spurs is good mates with Johnnie Jackson
    What makes you think that the Head of Academy @ Spurs has any connections with Charlton what so ever?

Cant think of one, let alone four things that you could associate that fella with
  • Sage said:
    Mentioned Jack Clarke last summer. Maybe they’re working off my list from a year ago 🤔

He was fantastic for Leeds at the beginning when he broke through but then really struggled after being unwell for a little while. Never got back to the same level and struggled with intensity of training under Bielsa. He then got his move to Spurs but hasn’t broken through, played a lot of U23 football.

Probably needs a loan to League One to reignite his career and kick on from there. 
    I thought of Ellis Simms the other day, but Blackpool understandably want him back again next season

As we've discussed a few times, be a shock if he returns to League One
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

Oh please … The worst in living memory. Really! Never have I seen such an overreaction in my life. I agree we’re short of quality in depth but this squad is never in a million years the worst in living memory. Clearly you wasn’t around in the 70’s. 
    Crofts and Foley era? That felt pretty poor at times. 
  • Heard a rumour the head of academy coaching at Spurs is good mates with Johnnie Jackson
    What makes you think that the Head of Academy @ Spurs has any connections with Charlton what so ever?

Cant think of one, let alone four things that you could associate that fella with
    Sorry, I won't mention it again
  • edited August 2021
    Leuth said:
    Llera was the Sarr prototype. The one who began it all
    Sh!t?

• Romelu Lukaku has landed at Biggin Hill Airport ahead of a transfer from Inter

Obviously a bigger London club in that region have come in with a late bid, think Thomas has been stung into action.
  • JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:

Crofts and Foley era? That felt pretty poor at times. 
    The team Powell took to Rochdale a few months before his "rebuild" was probably one of the the worst teams ever.  Certainly the worst I have ever seen. 

I can see your point
  • CAFCsayer said:

Good point
    Was playing FIFA. My dog jumped on my iPad and walked over it - this was the result. Could have been worse I suppose…
  • Is the Clarke link real or just speculation?
  • Ben Thompson anybody.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!