Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• sammy391 said:
    A post on the other forum, supposedly from TS on LinkedIn 

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”
    Fantastic shit stirring but I don’t believe that for one second. 

To start with he hasn’t even faced any criticism from journalists. 
    Why wouldn’t you believe it? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

I obviously don’t know for sure, but I definitely could see him replying to a fan via LinkedIn with the above. 
    It just seems very unprofessional to be implying that there's tension between him and the manager who's only been in the job for a few months? Maybe I've misread it and he means Nigel is happy with the strategy, I'm not sure?

I can definitely see him replying to fans on there - we've seen a few screenshots that have been posted on here - but they've always been quite positive and good for PR.
  • edited August 2021
    sammy391 said:

“ said:
    Who wouldn't get annoyed by the same question all the time. Nigel knows I'm not changing my strategy one bit because of a few stupid journalists and social media.
    There is so much going on behind the scenes that just can not be taken public. No one knows how many people are working on recruiting day and night all summer until deadline day.”

Why wouldn’t you believe it mate? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

I obviously don’t know for sure, but I definitely could see him replying to a fan via LinkedIn with the above. 
    Again (as previously noted) what journalists would TS be even referring to? Only Liddle has had a pop and that's because he's a wanker and would be doing it no matter what we did. The only "proper" journalists who pay any attention to Charlton are Cawley and Benjy Nurick and they're both on good terms as far as I know.
  • sammy391 said:

“ said:

Why wouldn’t you believe it? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

It just seems very unprofessional to be implying that there's tension between him and the manager who's only been in the job for a few months? Maybe I've misread it and he means Nigel is happy with the strategy, I'm not sure?

I can definitely see him replying to fans on there - we've seen a few screenshots that have been posted on here - but they've always been quite positive and good for PR.
    I’m only going on what was posted above, I’ve no idea what the fan said or asked to lead to the response of the first two lines (fan may have led with a disparaging comment on journos / press Conf). But my gut feeling is though that it is not bullshit. 
  • TelMc32 said:

Pretty much every thread on Charlton Life at the moment. Glad I took a break to catch up! 
    Funny you should post that, I thought yesterday that if I had any skill at doing it, I'd quite like to see Mr Sandgaard's face on Thomas The Tank Engine.
  • thenewbie said:
    sammy391 said:

“ said:

Why wouldn’t you believe it mate? I think it’s been very obvious many of the rumours coming ‘out the club’ since he’s arrived stem from Sandgaard talking privately with fans. I could easily highlight a few individuals who have the line in to him. 

Again (as previously noted) what journalists would TS be even referring to? Only Liddle has had a pop and that's because he's a wanker and would be doing it no matter what we did. The only "proper" journalists who pay any attention to Charlton are Cawley and Benjy Nurick and they're both on good terms as far as I know.
    But it was clear from their tweets last night from both of those that in the press Conf Nigel was getting pressed for more details on recruitment (will it be before Saturday etc) and his responses were pretty cold. 
  • sammy391 said:

“ said:
    Bullshit Man  Know Your Meme
    was just watching that last night and thinking, he should be despatched to ronniemoore
  • Chunes said:
    If it's real then the person can post a screenshot. I don't see the point in presuming that it's real until then. For me, it doesn't sound like Thomas, or something even a semi-smart CEO would send to someone social media. 
    I'm Linkedin with TS and nothing!
  • Well another day goes by, what’s the bet we won’t see anyone come in this week? 
  • RedRobin said:
    Well another day goes by, what’s the bet we won’t see anyone come in this week? 
    Yes 4/6
    No 11/10
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    RedRobin said:
    Yes 4/6
    No 11/10
    The 11/10 looks tasty
  • cs1986 said:
    bobmunro said:
    RedRobin said:
    Yes 4/6
    No 11/10
    The 11/10 looks tasty
    On offer only!!
  • RedRobin said:
    I doubt we'll have anyone in before Crewe. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Quiet enjoying the revisionism of the RD era
    Grass was always greener on the other side springs to mind. 
    In retrospect players like Yoni Buyons, JBG, Vetokeke, Teixeira, Bulot & Watt were a damn sight better than Clare & Dobson. 
    Which of those were signed in league one?
    Taylor, Cullen, Bielik, Williams…. Even Jamie Ward and Billy Clarke 
    They weren't on his list? Point being, he's comparing two signing in one league one window to a series of signing made in the championship.

As for the players you've just listed.

Cullen and Bielik were loans

Taylor was a great signing on a free.

Williams is shit.
    I’d still have Williams back like a shot . We are desperate for some creativity in this current  midfield. 
    The funny thing is alot of last season's squad players would get in our team now. 

Shinnie & Maddison are arguably better / more creative than what we have in their positions today.

Even Paul Smyth would be a better option as a backup wide attacking player than what we currently have as backup to Washington and DJ, the likes of Clayden and Ghandour.
    Probably a sign of advancing years, but I can’t remember him at all. Can remember the name, but that it. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Quiet enjoying the revisionism of the RD era
    Grass was always greener on the other side springs to mind. 
    In retrospect players like Yoni Buyons, JBG, Vetokeke, Teixeira, Bulot & Watt were a damn sight better than Clare & Dobson. 
    Which of those were signed in league one?
    Taylor, Cullen, Bielik, Williams…. Even Jamie Ward and Billy Clarke 
    They weren't on his list? Point being, he's comparing two signing in one league one window to a series of signing made in the championship.

As for the players you've just listed.

Cullen and Bielik were loans

Taylor was a great signing on a free.

Williams is shit.
    I’d still have Williams back like a shot . We are desperate for some creativity in this current  midfield. 
    The funny thing is alot of last season's squad players would get in our team now. 

Shinnie & Maddison are arguably better / more creative than what we have in their positions today.

Even Paul Smyth would be a better option as a backup wide attacking player than what we currently have as backup to Washington and DJ, the likes of Clayden and Ghandour.
    Probably a sign of advancing years, but I can’t remember him at all. Can remember the name, but that it. 
    Kept falling over. Was about 8 stone soaking wet. Scored once I think last year
  • Redrobo said:
    Shrewsbury looking at Cosgrove on loan
    Good player at this level.
    Surely we can compete with Shrews.! 🤔
  • sammy391 said:

“ said:

I think the Scandinavian and middle Eastern based posters to whom I'm thinking you are referring are in contact with a relative of Thomas and much of their info come from him. I maybe wrong.

But those posters have been given wrong information ( or things changed last minute) in the last week.

But the fact it's from proven fantasist Ronnie/Bexley Boy/Colin Sams immediately puts doubts in most people's minds as does the lack of screen grab.

We also can't see, crucially, what TS is meant to be responding to.

Without that context it's hard to judge but for what it is worth the "j ournalist" might be Rod "domestic violence perpetrator" Liddle
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    iamdan said:
    TS works for RD and this is RD putting the final nail in the coffin.
    Also, Soros did Covid and the world is an egg that will hatch on Greta Thunberg's 21st birthday
    Ahhh, you know that too!
  • Leuth said:
    iamdan said:
    Also, Soros did Covid and the world is an egg that will hatch on Greta Thunberg's 21st birthday
    That explains a lot.
  • iamdan said:
    Leuth said:
    iamdan said:
    Ahhh, you know that too!
    Shush!!
  • thenewbie said:
    sammy391 said:

“ said:

But it was clear from their tweets last night from both of those that in the press Conf Nigel was getting pressed for more details on recruitment (will it be before Saturday etc) and his responses were pretty cold. 
    That's a journalist's job though? Plus, that's Nigel getting asked not TS (the supposed author of the message.)

Seems a bit fishy to me.
  • I've heard Adkins is going to walk due to lack of transfer activity and Guy Luzon will be making a return. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!