Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Would Crewe let both Dale and Kirk go in the same window? 
  • RedRobin said:

Would Crewe let both Dale and Kirk go in the same window? 
    They might have no choice other than to do so be it because of their financial position and making the most of their assets or because both players want to leave
  • Scoham said:
    Think Kirk is still pretty much done. Obviously the kid needs time to grieve.
    Do you think there was no truth in him being linked to Sheff Utd?
    In my opinion I don’t think Sheffield united were ever in for him. I think the delay was and is solely down to the awful fact his father has passed away.

Something like that could easily make him think he would rather stay with his family and move on next year instead, however the noises I’m hearing are suggesting he will still press on with the deal. Understandably he will want to take time to grieve and support his family before making that decision.
    I wonder what the rules are in that regard? Like, if a deal is agreed and signed between all the relevant parties (both clubs and the player) but for whatever reason there is a hold up on the actual physical move.

Like, what in other businesses would be compassionate leave or whatever, could we do the deal now but he doesn't necessarily join us in person yet.
  • Rothko said:
    Quiet enjoying the revisionism of the RD era
    Grass was always greener on the other side springs to mind. 
    In retrospect players like Yoni Buyons, JBG, Vetokeke, Teixeira, Bulot & Watt were a damn sight better than Clare & Dobson. 
    Okay so in the interest of balance.  

Now give us a list of key players that Roland sold off for nothing/lower than market value Vs what TS has sold??

Roland outs

Button undisc
    Smith undisc
    Stephens undisc
    Alnwick free
    Yann undisc
    Hughes free
    Cook free
    Court free
    evina free
    Gower free
    Holland's free
    Hamer free
    Green free
    Pritchard free
    Devite free
    Poyet compo
    Wood free
    Morrison free
    Ben haim free
    Lepoint undisc
    Gomez 3.5 million
    Church free
    Eagles released 
    Etheridge free
    Onyewu released
    Bikey cancelled 
    Wilson released
    Wiggins undisc
    Nego free
    Vaz te free
    Moussa free
    Parzyszeck free
    Reza released 
    Motta released
    Piggott released
    Tucudean released 
    Dimitovic free
    Cousins undisc
    Gudmundsson undisc 
    Pope undisc
    Henderson free
    Harriot undisc
    Bergdich released
    Diarra released 
    Lookman - 11 million
    Foley released
    Fox undisc
    Ba released 
    Chicksen released 
    Johnson released 
    Texiera undisc
    Ceballos undisc
    Watt undisc
    Novak undisc
    Holmes undisc
    Crofts released 
    Konsa undisc 
    Lennon undisc
    Magennis undisc
    Kashi released
    Grant undisc
    Clarke free
    Ajose released 
    Aribo compo
    Bauer free
    Fosu free
    Marshall free
    Reeves free
    Parker free
    Ventokelle free
    Dijksteel undisc

Sandgaard outs

Lockyer free
    Bonne undisc (2mil)
    Phillips undisc 
    Lapslie undisc 
    Doughty undisc 
    Bogle undisc 
    Williams undisc 
    Amos free
    Aneke free
    Madison released 
    Deji released 
    Oztumer released 
    Pratley released 
    Shinnie released 

For curiosities sake 
    Thank you CL P.

So those who are going to make silly comparisons between Roland’s 6 years of transfers and TS’s 11 months, at least do it properly rather than half the story that you feel suits your narrative. 

Roland was an absolute shambles.
  • RedRobin said:

If we are talking £900k - £1m for the pair then I don’t think that can afford to say no. 
  • Baah Signing for Donny
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    In retrospect players like Yoni Buyons, JBG, Vetokeke, Teixeira, Bulot & Watt were a damn sight better than Clare & Dobson. 

Now give us a list of key players that Roland sold off for nothing/lower than market value Vs what TS has sold??

Roland outs

Button undisc
    Smith undisc
    Stephens undisc
    Alnwick free
    Yann undisc
    Hughes free
    Cook free
    Court free
    evina free
    Gower free
    Holland's free
    Hamer free
    Green free
    Pritchard free
    Devite free
    Poyet compo
    Wood free
    Morrison free
    Ben haim free
    Lepoint undisc
    Gomez 3.5 million
    Church free
    Eagles released 
    Etheridge free
    Onyewu released
    Bikey cancelled 
    Wilson released
    Wiggins undisc
    Nego free
    Vaz te free
    Moussa free
    Parzyszeck free
    Reza released 
    Motta released
    Piggott released
    Tucudean released 
    Dimitovic free
    Cousins undisc
    Gudmundsson undisc 
    Pope undisc
    Henderson free
    Harriot undisc
    Bergdich released
    Diarra released 
    Lookman - 11 million
    Foley released
    Fox undisc
    Ba released 
    Chicksen released 
    Johnson released 
    Texiera undisc
    Ceballos undisc
    Watt undisc
    Novak undisc
    Holmes undisc
    Crofts released 
    Konsa undisc 
    Lennon undisc
    Magennis undisc
    Kashi released
    Grant undisc
    Clarke free
    Ajose released 
    Aribo compo
    Bauer free
    Fosu free
    Marshall free
    Reeves free
    Parker free
    Ventokelle free
    Dijksteel undisc

Sandgaard outs

Lockyer free
    Bonne undisc (2mil)
    Phillips undisc 
    Lapslie undisc 
    Doughty undisc 
    Bogle undisc 
    Williams undisc 
    Amos free
    Aneke free
    Madison released 
    Deji released 
    Oztumer released 
    Pratley released 
    Shinnie released 

For curiosities sake 
    Thank you CL P.

So those who are going to make silly comparisons between Roland’s 6 years of transfers and TS’s 11 months, at least do it properly rather than half the story that you feel suits your narrative. 

But Sandgaard in terms of players sold/released after 1 year is on par to match Roland's numbers in 6. 
  • RedRobin said:

I assume neither will sign new deals so you’d hope they’d take £500k for each, that’s not an insignificant amount at this level especially if you need the money.

How are Crewe doing financially?
  • Scoham said:
    In my opinion I don’t think Sheffield united were ever in for him. I think the delay was and is solely down to the awful fact his father has passed away.

Something like that could easily make him think he would rather stay with his family and move on next year instead, however the noises I’m hearing are suggesting he will still press on with the deal. Understandably he will want to take time to grieve and support his family before making that decision.

Very sad circumstances for the lad but it sounds like no deal has been signed and not sure on whether it was a long time illness or the amount of Siblings the lad has or even where his Mother lives. Some people need to carrying on working and mourn at a later date. We are all different with our reactions to death in the family and how and when we grief.

Cafc would give  Charlie Kirk a supportive arm around the shoulder with the wonderful Tracey and the decent staff we have working in coaching and I'm certain every player at Cafc including Jayden Stockley who comes across as a JJ type caring captain.

• edited August 2021
    I expect for financial reasons Crewe are likely to see more than one key player go before the end of the month.

It will be interesting to see where Lowery ends up. He can be a v.good & creative centre mid but doesn't have alot of goals in his locker.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be surprised if Dale stayed in league one. He's different gravy. 
  • Said it before that I thought the rebuild would need to take a few windows. Build a real quality first eleven and decent alternatives. Much prefer signing two really good players each window and getting there over three windows. Fill in gaps with loans until the quality is reached. 
    But it cost a bloody fortune just to play our games every season in league 1.

Another "plan" that is completely invalid in league 1.

If we sign no more players we will probably lose nearer 10 than 5 million this season and rinse and repeat next season.  It costs more to not spend money!   If Roland had spent an extra 5 or so million in the slade season it would have saved him 15 in the long run. 
  • I don’t see Crewe selling Dale for £500k even if he has just the year left on contract. They’ll look to get more than that for him if they are even willing to sell or he wants to leave. 
  • Rothko said:

Roland outs

Button undisc
    Smith undisc
    Stephens undisc
    Alnwick free
    Yann undisc
    Hughes free
    Cook free
    Court free
    evina free
    Gower free
    Holland's free
    Hamer free
    Green free
    Pritchard free
    Devite free
    Poyet compo
    Wood free
    Morrison free
    Ben haim free
    Lepoint undisc
    Gomez 3.5 million
    Church free
    Eagles released 
    Etheridge free
    Onyewu released
    Bikey cancelled 
    Wilson released
    Wiggins undisc
    Nego free
    Vaz te free
    Moussa free
    Parzyszeck free
    Reza released 
    Motta released
    Piggott released
    Tucudean released 
    Dimitovic free
    Cousins undisc
    Gudmundsson undisc 
    Pope undisc
    Henderson free
    Harriot undisc
    Bergdich released
    Diarra released 
    Lookman - 11 million
    Foley released
    Fox undisc
    Ba released 
    Chicksen released 
    Johnson released 
    Texiera undisc
    Ceballos undisc
    Watt undisc
    Novak undisc
    Holmes undisc
    Crofts released 
    Konsa undisc 
    Lennon undisc
    Magennis undisc
    Kashi released
    Grant undisc
    Clarke free
    Ajose released 
    Aribo compo
    Bauer free
    Fosu free
    Marshall free
    Reeves free
    Parker free
    Ventokelle free
    Dijksteel undisc

Sandgaard outs

Lockyer free
    Bonne undisc (2mil)
    Phillips undisc 
    Lapslie undisc 
    Doughty undisc 
    Bogle undisc 
    Williams undisc 
    Amos free
    Aneke free
    Madison released 
    Deji released 
    Oztumer released 
    Pratley released 
    Shinnie released 

For curiosities sake 
    Thank you CL P.

But Sandgaard in terms of players sold/released after 1 year is on par to match Roland's numbers in 6. 
    But TS hasn’t happened yet, unless you’ve evidence to suggest he’s secretly planning on selling every piece of young talent we have for a quick buck to cover losses way under market value?
  • Cannot believe the number of unhappy people on here. We are in my opinion in a much better position than we have been for years. A engaged and enthusiastic owner who I don’t think anyone can argue against is laying solid foundations for the club to improve

A experienced and successful manager with a good back room staff.

I think we have made excellent acquisitions for this level so far and every confidence there will be more before the window shuts

Good academy players coming through who may not be ready to play a significant part in the first team yet but the future looks bright

And yet after a perfectly acceptable first league game and I agree a poor cup performance people are looking at relegation odds having a pop at the owner and manager writing off the new signings and the academy players and generally going into meltdown 

I am not saying we will blow through this league but am confident we will be in the promotion picture at the end of the season 

come on people less negatively on here COYR 
    You don't need to, our owner himself said it.

Good post though, i agree with everything you've said.
  • edited August 2021
    doronron said:
    cafc999 said:
    Macronate said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just because Golfie is bigging up Roland... Here's his first three years ins and outs for the first team squad - because I got bored. It seems having loads of players doesn't guarantee success at all! 

Care free signings are as dangerous as too few. 

Players sold:
    Joe Gomez £4.4m

£4.4m, Jesus wept.
    I heard it was £3.5m
    I was told 2.9 

Liverpool announced £3.5 million, Cafc said undisclosed but there were add-on's which have pushed the figure higher. For Cafc sake a fit Joe deciding he fancies living and playing in Paris and giving the ball to the  star players may be beneficial for our money stream !

The reason given for the low figure was if it was too high it wouldn't have been signed by Joe. Multi sources reported this.

• Rothko said:

Roland outs

Button undisc
    Smith undisc
    Stephens undisc
    Alnwick free
    Yann undisc
    Hughes free
    Cook free
    Court free
    evina free
    Gower free
    Holland's free
    Hamer free
    Green free
    Pritchard free
    Devite free
    Poyet compo
    Wood free
    Morrison free
    Ben haim free
    Lepoint undisc
    Gomez 3.5 million
    Church free
    Eagles released 
    Etheridge free
    Onyewu released
    Bikey cancelled 
    Wilson released
    Wiggins undisc
    Nego free
    Vaz te free
    Moussa free
    Parzyszeck free
    Reza released 
    Motta released
    Piggott released
    Tucudean released 
    Dimitovic free
    Cousins undisc
    Gudmundsson undisc 
    Pope undisc
    Henderson free
    Harriot undisc
    Bergdich released
    Diarra released 
    Lookman - 11 million
    Foley released
    Fox undisc
    Ba released 
    Chicksen released 
    Johnson released 
    Texiera undisc
    Ceballos undisc
    Watt undisc
    Novak undisc
    Holmes undisc
    Crofts released 
    Konsa undisc 
    Lennon undisc
    Magennis undisc
    Kashi released
    Grant undisc
    Clarke free
    Ajose released 
    Aribo compo
    Bauer free
    Fosu free
    Marshall free
    Reeves free
    Parker free
    Ventokelle free
    Dijksteel undisc

Sandgaard outs

Lockyer free
    Bonne undisc (2mil)
    Phillips undisc 
    Lapslie undisc 
    Doughty undisc 
    Bogle undisc 
    Williams undisc 
    Amos free
    Aneke free
    Madison released 
    Deji released 
    Oztumer released 
    Pratley released 
    Shinnie released 

For curiosities sake 
    Lockyer, Phillips & Bonne were gone prior to Sandgaard completing his purchase weren't they?
  • doronron said:
    cafc999 said:
    Macronate said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just because Golfie is bigging up Roland... Here's his first three years ins and outs for the first team squad - because I got bored. It seems having loads of players doesn't guarantee success at all! 

Care free signings are as dangerous as too few. 

Players sold:
    Joe Gomez £4.4m

£4.4m, Jesus wept.
    I heard it was £3.5m
    I was told 2.9 

Liverpool announced £3.5 million, Cafc said undisclosed but there were add-on's which have pushed the figure higher. For Cafc sake a fit Joe deciding he fancies living and playing in Paris and giving the ball to the  star players may be beneficial for our money stream !

The reason given for the low figure was if it was too high it wouldn't have been signed by Joe. Multi sources reported this.

A better CEO may have negotiated that better than Katrien did though.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Weren't clubs being quoted £1m for just Dale earlier in the window? Maybe we've finally got to that stage of the window where it's take what's there 
    It's been mentioned a few times that many clubs are struggling because of covid. Naturally earlier in the window if a player is worth (for example) 700k, the selling club will stretch it and ask for 1m. Buying club say no chance. Then the closer we get to the deadline the selling club are now faced with needing to sell to potentially have enough money to get through the season.

Buying club know this and come back with 500k. Selling club has no other option but to do a cut price deal in the next 2 weeks or risk not being able to afford to get through the next few months.
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

I wonder what the rules are in that regard? Like, if a deal is agreed and signed between all the relevant parties (both clubs and the player) but for whatever reason there is a hold up on the actual physical move.

Like, what in other businesses would be compassionate leave or whatever, could we do the deal now but he doesn't necessarily join us in person yet.
    then it's a done deal and he's our player and then we can allow him whatever length of compassionate leave we like
  • The deals are on the table .. as the club confirmed 
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

then it's a done deal and he's our player and then we can allow him whatever length of compassionate leave we like
    That is what I thought but I wasn't sure. Obviously as he's dealing with a lot right now even if he does end up signing here I'd like to think we'd give him time to be ready to actually play rather than throw him in the deep end - but wasn't sure about the legalities of contracts etc.
  • The deals are on the table .. as the club confirmed 
    Piece Paper On Table Images Stock Photos amp Vectors  Shutterstock
  • shine166 said:
    The deals are on the table .. as the club confirmed 
    Which club ? Certainly not ours 
    think it was in the SLP or somewhere recently saying we had made bids so I'd imagine seeing as no-one has signed then those bids are still on the table.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!