Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• We might be looking at Connor Mahoney (Winger) from Millwall with a loan deal / option to buy. Just one year left on he's contract. 
    His name was mentioned to me quite a while back, however not heard anything on him recently.

From what I have seen of him, good player.
    I think he'd be very good in league 1, got a good cross on him. 
    Is he a starter for Millwall ? Or in and around the squad only ?
    Seems like he was a regular in 2019/20, not so much last season. 
    He is left footed as well. 
  • Sage said:
    supaclive said:
    I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 
    We will come back to this comment next season.

If it was as easy as signing him now in League 1, we would have done it already.....
    That is simply untrue. You can’t go stating something as fact when it isn’t.
    Huh?    This time next year we will see who was right or wrong?   Nevermind, again let's attack somebody when they say something you don't agree with.

Still, another few hours to sign some players before the kids get their run out tonight.
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Stop the nonsense:

Right up to the moment, players put pen to paper on a contract, especially a decent League 1 player in Cafc case, will probably sign for a Championship club if the agent get the call even if pen is in hand.

Football is a cut throat business and it's dog eat dog.

Why are grown men own so effing naive with the talk of cast iron certainty about someone's signing on a given day.
    Yes if a player has no other option then it may be clear cut and ITK guys may well be correct.
     Trying to catch up on 30 pages is mentally tough on the Rumours roller coaster.

Just like on Saturday we are struggling to get one over the line ! 

Calm down - if u r referring to me, i  certainly never said it is cast iron we are signing anybody - some info i get, as explained previously, is probably in the general domain, others come from what i consider to be cast iron sources - people who do know, and have to know what is happening as they are part of the process. If i get info from one of those i refer to it as a cast iron source. So, we know the intent was to sign a striker / come winger on Monday, we know Henderson trained with us last week and we know a new black player trained with us yesterday - all of that is 100% correct. If you don't want to read info like that or are not interested in info like that then maybe pop onto another thread - i agree with you that grown men getting their knickers in a twist when signings don't happen is daft as u explain above - nothing is done until it is done 

It's a rumours thread, but anyone who comes out with a done deal type post including you, must understand the reasons given in my post.

Carry on guys if you get off on the change of mind by agents or players when bigger fish show interest; Keep fishing for likes as we may net a signing.

Agreed, I will give this thread a swerve because it's gone from amusing to a parody of its self.

The guy who's acquaintance is a player will know about players training or not training but when it comes to signing and holding Scarfy.

Let's leave that to Olly Groome.

• edited August 2021
    Mahoney would be interesting, one thing I know as I’m close a first teamer at M’wall is that he recently bought a house back up north in Blackburn and his missus lives up there. So likely would see his last year out at millwall and go back to there after…but then wouldn’t rule us out for a loan. my pal said hell mention it tonight as they have pompey in carabao cup
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Why is disagreeing and challenging opposing views on this thread now being called "attacking"?

What is this snowflake culture manifesting on here?
    I put a "disclaimer" in the other day saying I dont wanna argue etc so I could oppose an opinion. Luckily he agreed and said its a forum after all.

If people cant have an opinion without someone taking offence (unless personally attacked) then whats the point in saying anything at all?

• Sponsored links:

• 21 days since our last signing. 

23 days left in the window.
  • Anyone heard anything about Jack Tucker. Must admit i'm very surprised he's still at Gillingham, doesn't even appear to be linked with anyone*. 

*cue Ipswich announcement.
  • Redhenry said:
    ouch
    Two ouches?....uh oh....
  • As the window gets closer to closing, it's reasonable to get more nervous that we might not get the reinforcements we clearly need. I don't get the flat out negativity from the outset, unless you have some info that others aren't aware of. I guess it depends on how much stock you put in TS' comments, which it's clear now were overly-enthusiastic. I do understand the 'negative' feeling of doom, like everything's going to turn out for the worst, and also getting swept up into wishful thinking, because that's all part of the defence mechanisms of being a football fan, especially of a lower league club. Anyway, I appreciate the doom-mongers, happy-clappers, ITKers and straight up BS artists because the Rumours thread is essentially theatre that gets us through boring summers and to a lesser extent, terrible family Christmases.
  • Sponsored links:

• ooh, yeah saw that
  • Our old mate Alan Nixon back tracking saying that Sheff Utd have left it to late and that a deal has now been agreed between Charlton , Crewe and the player
    Bollocks, makes me nervous when Nixon says things like that as usually means the opposite is true
  • Our old mate Alan Nixon back tracking saying that Sheff Utd have left it to late and that a deal has now been agreed between Charlton , Crewe and the player
    Well let’s hope he gets one right.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Stop the nonsense:

Right up to the moment, players put pen to paper on a contract, especially a decent League 1 player in Cafc case, will probably sign for a Championship club if the agent get the call even if pen is in hand.

Football is a cut throat business and it's dog eat dog.

Why are grown men own so effing naive with the talk of cast iron certainty about someone's signing on a given day.
    Yes if a player has no other option then it may be clear cut and ITK guys may well be correct.
     Trying to catch up on 30 pages is mentally tough on the Rumours roller coaster.

Just like on Saturday we are struggling to get one over the line ! 

Calm down - if u r referring to me, i  certainly never said it is cast iron we are signing anybody - some info i get, as explained previously, is probably in the general domain, others come from what i consider to be cast iron sources - people who do know, and have to know what is happening as they are part of the process. If i get info from one of those i refer to it as a cast iron source. So, we know the intent was to sign a striker / come winger on Monday, we know Henderson trained with us last week and we know a new black player trained with us yesterday - all of that is 100% correct. If you don't want to read info like that or are not interested in info like that then maybe pop onto another thread - i agree with you that grown men getting their knickers in a twist when signings don't happen is daft as u explain above - nothing is done until it is done 

It's a rumours thread, but anyone who comes out with a done deal type post including you, must understand the reasons given in my post.

Carry on guys if you get off on the change of mind by agents or players when bigger fish show interest; Keep fishing for likes as we may net a signing.

Agreed, I will give this thread a swerve because it's gone from amusing to a parody of its self.

The guy who's acquaintance is a player will know about players training or not training but when it comes to signing and holding Scarfy.

Let's leave that to Olly Groome.

agreed - if i've ever said something is a done deal and it isn't, please let me know 
  • Anyone heard anything about Jack Tucker. Must admit i'm very surprised he's still at Gillingham, doesn't even appear to be linked with anyone*. 

*cue Ipswich announcement.
     :s:s Aaaahhh..Bloody Ipswich again, the devil Incarnate.. "Out Demons Out",  >:)>:)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!