Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ogilvie and Morrell are both very decent signings. 

And Portsmouth have a limited budget ,so whatvare we doing ?
    Getting their PoTY, Stockley, Clare and Dobson, as well as lining up Famewo for a perm 
    Farnewo only signs if we get promoted....

Stop digging out posters who make a comment you don't like!

The window is still open.  We get it.  However our rivals (or perceived rivals) are signing players and we currently aren't.   Those are the facts.  Window open.  Our rivals are signing players.  We aren't.   Currently.

Nobody (I keep getting told), is happy with the current squad.  So the odd poster or ten makes a comment and just gets shouted down.  Despite everybody agreeing we need signings.

But unless you agree with the positive posters you're seen as the antichrist.

Nevermind.   
    Sorry mate that’s in correct Famewo we are hoping to tie up on a permanent deal once the window is shut .. that was from SG 
  • supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:

Getting their PoTY, Stockley, Clare and Dobson, as well as lining up Famewo for a perm 

The window is still open.  We get it.  However our rivals (or perceived rivals) are signing players and we currently aren't.   Those are the facts.  Window open.  Our rivals are signing players.  We aren't.   Currently.

Nobody (I keep getting told), is happy with the current squad.  So the odd poster or ten makes a comment and just gets shouted down.  Despite everybody agreeing we need signings.

Nevermind.   
    The exact same thing is true the other way round too.
  • I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

That obviously means Pompey are promoted then, as runners up to runaway champions Ipswich. 

While Adkins is out walking, Thomas is playing guitar, and Gallen is sitting on his hands. :neutral:

What are you on about? They are decent signings. Why does saying that trigger an outraged response from some on here? 

Of course, they are decent signings. Pompey have done well there.

My post is hardly an "outraged" response. Just picking up on the mood on here. 
    Sorry you had a humour by pass. :smile:

We're all hoping it's our turn for additional quality signings soon! 

• Scoham said:
    supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:

Nevermind.   
    Is pointing out the players we have signed so far digging someone out?
    You literally called him Satan.  I saw you.
  • I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 
    We will come back to this comment next season.

If it was as easy as signing him now in League 1, we would have done it already.....
  • Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

That obviously means Pompey are promoted then, as runners up to runaway champions Ipswich. 

While Adkins is out walking, Thomas is playing guitar, and Gallen is sitting on his hands. :neutral:

What are you on about? They are decent signings. Why does saying that trigger an outraged response from some on here? 

Of course, they are decent signings. Pompey have done well there.

My post is hardly an "outraged" response. Just picking up on the mood on here. 
    Sorry you had a humour by pass. :smile:

We're all hoping it's our turn for additional quality signings soon! 

More hysterical ranting from Oggy there.
  • edited August 2021
    supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:

Nevermind.   
    Stop digging people out with your negativity.

...fun this 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:

Nevermind.   
    The exact same thing is true the other way round too.
    Not quite but I get the point.
    However.  With each day that passes, I'm sure even the most positive of posters have a little feeling of discomfort. 

Queue 3 signings today please!
  • 8:45 am, I wonder how the rumours thread is coming along…….2 pages of arguments 
    Fear for this thread if there’s nothing happening this week, last couple of weeks were just weird this week I think it’ll implode.
  • supaclive said:
    I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 

If it was as easy as signing him now in League 1, we would have done it already.....
    Maybe, but my point still stands - No where does it say that we'll only be signing Famewo if we're promoted

It might also rely on Norwich avoiding relegated...?
  • shine166 said:
    Still wouldn’t be halfway to Ipswich’s incomings..!
    But we did not rehearse 20 plus players so we don’t need anywhere near as many as they do to make a squad .. 
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    Yes.
  • Scoham said:
    shine166 said:
    But we did not rehearse 20 plus players so we don’t need anywhere near as many as they do to make a squad .. 
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    We know that 16 includes u23s and players we loaned out.

How many of Ipswich’s 20 released players were part of the first team? Not counting anyone they loaned out or u23s with the odd first game appearance.
    Not U23's but includes players loaned out like Oztumer & Maddison. But they were on our books in 20/21 and so needed to be replaced. 
  • shine166 said:
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    Yes.
    When did Eddie Allsopp or Richard Afrane-Kesey etc. play in the 1st team?
  • Scoham said:
    shine166 said:
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    We know that 16 includes u23s and players we loaned out.

How many of Ipswich’s 20 released players were part of the first team? Not counting anyone they loaned out or u23s with the odd first game appearance.
    Not U23's but includes players loaned out like Oztumer & Maddison. But they were on our books in 20/21 and so needed to be replaced. 
    Oztumer was replaced by whoever we signed around the time he went on loan. You could say Levitt, who was then replaced by Smith. Using your logic we need to replace them with 3 players, but they could be replaced by 1 player given when they were here and how little they played.

Maddison (and Williams) were replaced by Millar and DJ.
  • Looking on wiki, Ipswich now have a squad of 26 and that's without youngsters.

They're surely going to have to offload a couple. Got to be worth a call to the agent of Norwood and Nolan (who are unlikely to feature much given the new signings) to see if they're happy to stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    Yes.
    Go on then, name those 16 1st team players that we relied on and are no longer here. Please include Oztumer and maddison, I could do with a giggle.
  • I watched a bit of Ipswich Saturday and their CH went off with a hammy, it's OK having good attacking and midfielders but the commentator said they were short in depth in that position after the CH went off.
    They will score goals but will also concede a lot if they don't add signings there. 
    Sounds familiar. 
  • Let’s hope there’s nothing in the Stoke rumours because if they want him they’ll get him. They do look a little short on wingers though and it’s nice and local for him.
    I'm not sure they are short on wingers, unless the rumours of Ince leaving are true. Currently they've got Doughty, Brown, Ince and McClean. 
    Short on good wingers 

Doughty will continue to develop into a left wing back at Stoke with the much abused (at Cafc) Morgan Fox playing as the left of a 3 at the back.  
  • edited August 2021
    First team squads are limited to 20 senior players this season I believe. 

"Unfortunately, the EFL is refusing to withdraw the squad size limits. Frustrating as this is, unless another solution can be found, the PFA must now therefore consider commencing a further arbitration claim and/or bringing other legal claims."

• I watched a bit of Ipswich Saturday and their CH went off with a hammy, it's OK having good attacking and midfielders but the commentator said they were short in depth in that position after the CH went off.
    They will score goals but will also concede a lot if they don't add signings there. 
    Sounds familiar. 
    To be fair; Ipswich had a very good defensive record last season so not surprised that they've not focused on the defence

Think they had more 0-0 results than anyone else

Which explains why they've gone crazy signing attack minded players
  • supaclive said:
    I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 

Maybe, but my point still stands - No where does it say that we'll only be signing Famewo if we're promoted

It might also rely on Norwich avoiding relegated...?
    I understand we have an option price agreed, so what happens to Norwich is irrelevant, except of course if Akin decides he wants to stay. But I expect it's above our L1 budget so we'll secure him if promoted. That would be logical. 
  • League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season. This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively). Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.
  • Looking on wiki, Ipswich now have a squad of 26 and that's without youngsters.

They're surely going to have to offload a couple. Got to be worth a call to the agent of Norwood and Nolan (who are unlikely to feature much given the new signings) to see if they're happy to stay.
    Nolan would be an excellent move if he became available. Was excellent for Shrewsbury 
  • supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    Valley11 said:

Nevermind.   
    what the fuck are you on about? You asked what are we doing, it's the final 4 words of your post (I've bolded them to remind you of them) and I pointed out that we've signed players, and we will before the window closes. 

So they've signed Morrell, we brought in Dobson and Clare into the midfield already. 

I think I've said it on this thread and others, that we still need players, and I'm pretty sure we'll get them in. 
  • League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season. This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively). Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.
    We're in the 21/22 season mate. Changed the bold bit. 

So there's little point in signing a million players when only 21 seniors can be in your squad.  It's just a waste of money. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!