Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• supaclive said:
    I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 
    We will come back to this comment next season.

If it was as easy as signing him now in League 1, we would have done it already.....
    That is simply untrue. You can’t go stating something as fact when it isn’t.
  • Looking on wiki, Ipswich now have a squad of 26 and that's without youngsters.

They're surely going to have to offload a couple. Got to be worth a call to the agent of Norwood and Nolan (who are unlikely to feature much given the new signings) to see if they're happy to stay.
    No chance we would get anywhere near Norwood wages. He’s on silly money for league 1. Turned down championship clubs to sign for Ipswich
  • Dazzler21 said:
    League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season. This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively). Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.
    We're in the 21/22 season mate. Changed the bold bit. 

So there's little point in signing a million players when only 21 seniors can be in your squad.  It's just a waste of money. 
    I make that we've got 17 already, including Dempsey and Davison who both count as senior players. Means we might need to shift out as well as the obvious requirement to bring players in unless we can grab U21 loans to fill slots.

• The problem Cafc face with Steve Gallen is after the Nonsense with Matt Southall, is if as I'm sure he is working around the clock since last season finished how many possible deals can Steve set up under Thomas Sandgaard but they don't come to fruition because we are being out bid or a championship team comes in, or agents demand too much or a myriad of other insurmountable problems arise. Failing a medical at one club and then signing for another club a week later is quite common according to a football insider I have got to know in recent times; Terms may be altered with games played making up a bigger percentage in the add-ons. 

The signing on fees can also scupper a deal if a player has options and the agent plays clubs against each other.

If Millwall or QPR did have a vacancy in the wacky world of football transfers let's hope Steve is on a top contract himself at Cafc.

• Lewis page back anyone.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Lewis page back anyone.
    Would welcome him back with open arms, but don't expect it. 
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    not read anything yet but winger / striker should be completed on monday - cast iron source  

I will say the same to you that I said to CEL a couple of weeks ago:

Give up your 33 easy acquired likes if you are wrong.  :#

But get a bonus 33 likes if you are correct  :)
  • edited August 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Lewis page back anyone.
    Didn’t he sign for Harrogate over the summer?

edit: yes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Page
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to the cinema with my son.  Looking forward to coming home to 867 posts and no new signings 😆
  • Addicks59 said:
    Lewis page back anyone.
    I think Thomas would prefer Jimmy Page
  • redbuttle said:
    Another two pages of petty arguments. As Catherine Tate would say "a load of old shit"

• Off to the cinema with my son.  Looking forward to coming home to 867 posts and no new signings 😆
    The rumour is that you are going to see space jam.

this is probably the most accurate rumour in 200 pages
  • Rylo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ogilvie and Morrell are both very decent signings. 

That obviously means Pompey are promoted then, as runners up to runaway champions Ipswich. 

While Adkins is out walking, Thomas is playing guitar, and Gallen is sitting on his hands. :neutral:

How can Thomas play the guitar with Gallen sitting on his hands? Skills.
    Plectrum in The japs eye?!!
  • edited August 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Lewis page back anyone.
    I think Thomas would prefer Jimmy Page
    Sounds good, just think a duo of Jimmy and Thomas with ATV...followed by Stairway to Heaven.. wow B)
  • DOUCHER said:
    not read anything yet but winger / striker should be completed on monday - cast iron source  

I will say the same to you that I said to CEL a couple of weeks ago:

Give up your 33 easy acquired likes if you are wrong.  :#

But get a bonus 33 likes if you are correct  :)
    i don't even know where my like count is so not going to lose any sleep over that  - just passing the info on from the club employees as always 
  • Ipswich balancing the books by selling Flynn Downes to Swansea reported to be 5m. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We might be looking at Connor Mahoney (Winger) from Millwall with a loan deal / option to buy. Just one year left on he's contract. 
    Would this explain why Gallen was at Qpr V Millwall? 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Ipswich balancing the books by selling Flynn Downes to Swansea reported to be 5m. 
    This report suggests £1.5m rising to £2m

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/downes-to-swansea-8223288
  • edited August 2021
    Stop the nonsense:

Right up to the moment, players put pen to paper on a contract, especially a decent League 1 player in Cafc case, will probably sign for a Championship club if the agent get the call even if pen is in hand.

Football is a cut throat business and it's dog eat dog.

Why are grown men own so effing naive with the talk of cast iron certainty about someone's signing on a given day.
    Yes if a player has no other option then it may be clear cut and ITK guys may well be correct.
     Trying to catch up on 30 pages is mentally tough on the Rumours roller coaster.

More obstacles than the Norwegian Warholm had in the 400m hurdles to overcome to get transfers to become a Done Deal.

Just like on Saturday we are struggling to get one over the line ! 

* There is a reason for Henry's mantra;
    WIOTOS. 
  • Richard J said:
    We might be looking at Connor Mahoney (Winger) from Millwall with a loan deal / option to buy. Just one year left on he's contract. 
    Would this explain why Gallen was at Qpr V Millwall? 
    Warburton has confirmed that clubs have been showing an interest in taking QPR defender Conor Masterson on loan.
    https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/absolutely-not-warburton-reveals-approaches-for-qpr-man-have-been-rejected
  • We might be looking at Connor Mahoney (Winger) from Millwall with a loan deal / option to buy. Just one year left on he's contract. 
    His name was mentioned to me quite a while back, however not heard anything on him recently.

From what I have seen of him, good player.
    If his name was "mentioned" to you CEL, that's good enough for me , will look forward to the signing B)
  • supaclive said:
    I dont even recall that we'll be only be signing Famewo on a permanent deal if we get promoted - I know this thread is about making things up but no where has that been said. 
    We will come back to this comment next season.

If it was as easy as signing him now in League 1, we would have done it already.....
    Maybe, but my point still stands - No where does it say that we'll only be signing Famewo if we're promoted

It might also rely on Norwich avoiding relegated...?
    Gallen said that they hoped to make it permanent as the season progressed. 
    His name was mentioned to me quite a while back, however not heard anything on him recently.

I think he'd be very good in league 1, got a good cross on him. 
  • edited August 2021
    We might be looking at Connor Mahoney (Winger) from Millwall with a loan deal / option to buy. Just one year left on he's contract. 

Is he a starter for Millwall ? Or in and around the squad only ?

Is he a starter for Millwall ? Or in and around the squad only ?
    Seems like he was a regular in 2019/20, not so much last season. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!