Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• This thread could be  becoming very caustic, let's all just take a step back and chill, we are all in this together and supposed to be on the same side. B)

• JamesSeed said:
    Hopefully Kirk will know that he’ll be warmly welcomed by fans and well looked after at Charlton, if he does sign. Tracey is exactly the sort of person who could help him settle in while he’s going through a difficult time, and Adkins the perfect manager. 
    I think moving clubs will be the furthest thing from his mind for a few weeks. It’s a strange one, he may feel the best thing is to stay at Crewe for the next 6 months, but as he’s out of contact you can assume Crewe will be desperate to sell him in this window. 

I think it will go down to the last few days of the window and if any clubs near by come in (Sheffield United), he’ll go there. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
    Why would that be ? 
    Ask any black people you know, not me. 👍

Very sad about Kirk’s dad passing. RIP. 
    You have just been very un PC. Besides which whst description would you use assuming you used one, as you just did ?
    I ran a reggae record label for ten years, so I know the language that is and isn’t acceptable to black people. 
    I worked in Africa and it was acceptable. One day shortly  after artiving catching  the sun on a beach I asked an African colleague if he had seen a certain person . He asked me if he was Black , White or Pink like me where I had caught the sun. It certainly isn't PC to describe someone as Blsck or White or Asian. 
    I’m still shocked when people are described as ‘coloured’ in South Africa! 
    Although it has somewhat of a different meaning/connotation  
  • sammy391 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    Why would that be ? 

You have just been very un PC. Besides which whst description would you use assuming you used one, as you just did ?
    I ran a reggae record label for ten years, so I know the language that is and isn’t acceptable to black people. 
    I worked in Africa and it was acceptable. One day shortly  after artiving catching  the sun on a beach I asked an African colleague if he had seen a certain person . He asked me if he was Black , White or Pink like me where I had caught the sun. It certainly isn't PC to describe someone as Blsck or White or Asian. 
    I’m still shocked when people are described as ‘coloured’ in South Africa! 
    Although it has somewhat of a different meaning/connotation  
    Cape coloureds are actually classified as an ethnic group.
  • edited August 2021
    If the list was still going it'd tell you that he hasn't been caught on the list either last or this season. Pretty sure he's having a laugh though.
  • Does cafc4life have previous over this sort of thing? If only their was a list I could easily refer to which could manage my expectations before I go to bed. 
    Think he’s on a wind up.
  • Does cafc4life have previous over this sort of thing? If only their was a list I could easily refer to which could manage my expectations before I go to bed. 
    I took it as a joke?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Why would that be ? 

Not sure I get what you’re saying here. 
  • edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Hopefully Kirk will know that he’ll be warmly welcomed by fans and well looked after at Charlton, if he does sign. Tracey is exactly the sort of person who could help him settle in while he’s going through a difficult time, and Adkins the perfect manager. 
    I think moving clubs will be the furthest thing from his mind for a few weeks. It’s a strange one, he may feel the best thing is to stay at Crewe for the next 6 months, but as he’s out of contact you can assume Crewe will be desperate to sell him in this window. 

I think it will go down to the last few days of the window and if any clubs near by come in (Sheffield United), he’ll go there. 
    Agree it’s probably the last thing on his mind at the moment but just for clarity Crewe to Sheffield is a poxy journey over the Pennines although only 58 miles takes about an hour and forty minutes. 

Depends of course if he lives / stays the right side of both locations and of course is much closer than London. Stoke or one of the North West Championship teams would be better for him if the financial package meets his requirements.
  • cafc4life said:
    I am talking absolute shit, just like everyone else has been on this thread for weeks. 
    Can Mr A Shit play left back?
  • RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:

Agree it’s probably the last thing on his mind at the moment but just for clarity Crewe to Sheffield is a poxy journey over the Pennines although only 58 miles taking about an hour and forty minutes. 

Depends of course if he lives / stays the right side of both locations and of course is much closer than London. Stoke or one of the North West Championship teams would be better for him if the financial package meets his requirements.
    Yeah, you’re right. Stoke would be a much better comparison. 

Like you say, it’s still closer to home than London and that seems like it would be a big factor considering his tragic news.
  • cafc4life said:
    I’ve heard 3 defo in tomorrow 
    Madger Gomes, Stephen Henderson and ?
  • cafc4life said:
    Stand down, it was somebody's poor attempt at humour.
  • cafc4life said:
    what colour are they?
    6 foot.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    I am talking absolute shit, just like everyone else has been on this thread for weeks. 
    Only 'ITK' person to admit it though
  • Madger Gomes, Lionel Messi, Romelu Lukaku
  • DOUCHER said:
    Belv said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    could have said short, tall, left footed, forward, winger etc. Just don't see how his colour is relevant.
    Oh come on, if he had just said “A new player was training today” everyone on here naturally would have asked what he looked like and obviously he would have then been described as black, short/tall or whatever.

There is clearly nothing in what Doucher has said, just trying to be as descriptive as he could.
    its the only descriptor i have atm - i've gone back for more - as long as he's not slow and ginger i don't see what the problem is  :D
    I think you'll find he looked exactly like this (he refers to himself as dark brown by the way not black):

• Clarky said:
    cafc4life said:
    Stand down, it was somebody's poor attempt at humour.
    What does that make my attempt then?
  • I've got an actual rumour, the source of which I have no idea but you know, this is the place to chat shite anyway. We've tabled a loan bid for Jordan Garrick from Swansea. Have to admit I don't remember him playing for Swindon last season. 
    winger
  • I've got an actual rumour, the source of which I have no idea but you know, this is the place to chat shite anyway. We've tabled a loan bid for Jordan Garrick from Swansea. Have to admit I don't remember him playing for Swindon last season. 
    Signed for Swindon on loan at the start of February, so presumably he was DJs replacement.
  • Scoham said:
    I've got an actual rumour, the source of which I have no idea but you know, this is the place to chat shite anyway. We've tabled a loan bid for Jordan Garrick from Swansea. Have to admit I don't remember him playing for Swindon last season. 
    Signed for Swindon on loan at the start of February, so presumably he was DJs replacement.
    That's a shame, that would've hopefully been a shortcut to DJ making more friends at Charlton and his performances getting even better 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!