Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Something definitely strange going on in the background.

Of a number of players I've been told will be 'over the line' in the next couple of the days, there only appears to be a reasonable excuse for one of them not happening due to a failed medical.

Two separate sources told me Kirk was done and dusted on Thursday.
    What’s the concern? 
    we ain't got one of them old school physio's in to do the medicals have we 'right son, up on the bench, take your shorts and pants off' 
    You can’t use the term old school on here 😉
    Or……”back in the day”…….evidently.🤔
    Nights getting the ump?
  • Imagine Charltonlife in the 02/03 summer transfer window. Gary Rowett, Paul Rachubka and then Blomqvist and Mustoe on deadline day!
  • Valley11 said:
    Most frustrating summer transfer window ever?
    I think we’ve done some good business so far, but everyone’s expectations were so much higher than what’s being delivered. 
    I’m trying to remain patient and judge it some September. 
    Stockley is a massive signing though!! 
  • Also, this is nothing compared to January under ESI!
  • edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Think the year with Powell Abbott and co was the worse I can remember.

this has started ok and I’m confident we are trying and will be ok come the end of the window. 
  • In the last 33 days we have made one signing
  • Valley11 said:
    Think the year with Powell Abbott and co was much worse. 
    We didn’t know that at the time, we were probably just happy signings were coming in.
  • Imagine Charltonlife in the 02/03 summer transfer window. Gary Rowett, Paul Rachubka and then Blomqvist and Mustoe on deadline day!
    The difference there was that we had a match day squad that wasn’t reliant on untried kids making up the numbers on the bench. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TomNight said:
    Also, this is nothing compared to January under ESI!
     Quite. But right now it's worse than a bog standard one under Duchatelet.
    I mentioned earlier in the thread that we actually put together very handy squads at league one level under Roland. Need to see where this one ends up but there is definitely a chance of Duchatelets dealings being put into perspective.

I remember all we got shouted back was it was all Gallen - but Gallen is still here so what’s stopping the same kind of players coming in?
  • edited August 2021
    In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Was that recently? If so, might be a reason for him to stay up north

or could he have signed, his dad passed away so he went back home to be with family. Phot shoot etc not done etc?
  • edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Nowhere near.  Not to say it isn't frustrating!

I thought when we signed Clare we were making sensible, good signings (and I still do), and that I'm sure more would follow.  That's 3 weeks on without anyone else which is half the time we had left then, it's definitely becoming concerning, albeit loans tend to come late.

We need a squad not just a first XI.
  • edited August 2021
    CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Kirk transfer 100% happening on Monday , this has come directly from Crewe’s head of communication
    So are you saying you personally spoke to Crewe's head of communications?
    Yes
    Seems Crewe’s head of communications isn’t that good at communicating.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Kirk hasn't signed for anybody yet, Us, Sheff Utd, Uncle Tom Cobley, not even the mighty Ipshite, so the guy could still turn out to be right, just the timing a bit off, so till it is confirmed he is still a rumour for me, and will be till WIOTOS, or appears on any other site.

Edit;, Sorry to hear what I have just read below after posting this post
  • In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Well he posted “Sleep tight Kirky”, with a picture of him 28 minutes ago. 
  • In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Posted 32 minutes ago.
  • Is it possible we need less of an expert negotiator and more someone who can get the players we want?
  • Sponsored links:

• TomNight said:
     Quite. But right now it's worse than a bog standard one under Duchatelet.
    Imagine, after everything we’ve been through in the last 2years, to be better under Duchatelet 🤢🤢🤢
  • TomNight said:
    Still had people telling us that was a good window. 
    Ah shit, thats not good for anyone of that age!!
    Terrible, hope he’s ok, perhaps it’ll be a catalyst to stay close to family now?
  • This Charlie Kirk business is not worth getting annoyed over and it’s fairly obvious what’s happened. We have met his valuation, it’s about to happen, agent has informed Sheffield United he’s on the move, they’ve took action, we aren’t as appealing atm as Sheffield United and they can offer more, another one bites the dust.

this is the climate now, these league 1 and 2 gems do get hoovered up and you have to fork out, it is what it is ~ Lee Bowyer
  • edited August 2021
    In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Ah shit, thats not good for anyone of that age!!
    Terrible, hope he’s ok, perhaps it’ll be a catalyst to stay close to family now?
    He probably isn’t in the right frame of mind to even contemplate a transfer. Personally i think he will stay put, and move in Jan. 
  • edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
    Why would that be ? 
    Ask any black people you know, not me. 👍

Very sad about Kirk’s dad passing. RIP. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!