Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
     When I hear Gallen claim he is rushed off his feet it sets alarm bells ringing. In my working life have met loads of people who claim to be rushed off their feet but never really produce much. Much better the quiet ones who just get on with it.
    To be fair to poor old Steve Gallen, he is one of "the quiet ones who just get on with it".

The only time we hear from him is when someone in the Comms team forces him into a corner for an interview! :wink:

Doesn’t seem to have been “getting on with much in last few weeks”…… 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    Ipswich's CEO said he turned down championship clubs to go there. If that is true it means they're paying way above what we would've been prepared to pay.
    Which I would guess is a 5 figure weekly salary, which in this division is just crazy money 
    It's not crazy if you get promoted and they are good enough to keep you up next season or you can sell one of them at the end of the season to cover the excess loss..  What would be crazy if they don't up then buy another team on those wages.

What is crazy is paying a whole team about 5 or 6k a week and aiming to only lose 10 million quid and have no chance of going up AND not signing any players with a serious resale value.

The later will fail 9/10 it's called "doing a Roland".  
    Are you the FD at Derby by anychance ? 
    If Frank Lampard's Derby had won the play offs it would not have been an issue.  The big difference is there is no zero cost/loss option for us or Ipswich. 
    But they didnt did they ? they lost and are now in serious shite. We have no idea but maybe TS has set a budget knowing what the losses are likely to be over the next 3/5 years and is willing to live with it. I expect Ipswich have no such plan, they seem to be taking a shit or bust view which is all well and good if you go up but not so good if you dont mate
  • DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    Kanu?
  • Been staying with @tricky's parents in the land that the internet forgot.

What have I missed?

WIOTOS RULES OK

They have been talking about you on They don't post anymore thread
  • Personally I can deal with youngsters coming through and accept the consequent results.
    I would be nice to see the/an U23 fixture list out.
    Can’t see one on the official site, I don’t know if those fixtures are sorted centrally, or done last minute game by game according to arrangements with each opponent.
    I suspect there might be a list somewhere, if there is I urge the club to publish it straight away.
  • seth plum said:
    Personally I can deal with youngsters coming through and accept the consequent results.
    I would be nice to see the/an U23 fixture list out.
    Can’t see one on the official site, I don’t know if those fixtures are sorted centrally, or done last minute game by game according to arrangements with each opponent.
    I suspect there might be a list somewhere, if there is I urge the club to publish it straight away.
    https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/professional-development-league/fixtures/
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    Ipswich's CEO said he turned down championship clubs to go there. If that is true it means they're paying way above what we would've been prepared to pay.
    Which I would guess is a 5 figure weekly salary, which in this division is just crazy money 
    It's not crazy if you get promoted and they are good enough to keep you up next season or you can sell one of them at the end of the season to cover the excess loss..  What would be crazy if they don't up then buy another team on those wages.

What is crazy is paying a whole team about 5 or 6k a week and aiming to only lose 10 million quid and have no chance of going up AND not signing any players with a serious resale value.

Strongly disagree. If it then becomes normal for several League 1 sides to pay 5 figure weekly wages to players, then that’s crazy! Way too much money to be spending in third division!

Frustrates me after the financial mess of many clubs in recent years, there’s still fans who want clubs to spend heavily to get promoted. 
    But the point is in league 1 a club like Charlton or Ipswich lose money before they pay the 1st team anything at all.  We have a squad full of players on about 5k a week.  We will lose about 10 million last season, this season and next season and won't get promoted if we don't sign more players on more wages.

The option isn't don't spend anything and try and go up or spunk a fortune and try and go up.  The option is lose 10 million and probably don't go up, lose 12+ million and maybe go up or lose 15+ and almost certainly go up.  The longer your in the 12+ bracket the more chance you have of going up.

Ipswich will spend what ever they need to to get promoted if its not this season it will probably be next season.  
  • DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    It was a way of giving a clue to who it might be ! that way it narrows down the speculation on here lol
  • edited August 2021

@DOUCHER Signing or trial?

What have I missed?

WIOTOS RULES OK

Kirk was set to be announced this morning, unclear whether that was after signing today's contract, Friday's or the one from Thursday.

Henderson's probably left again. Or not. Maybe.

Cast iron source claims a winger forward should be signed and announced today, SHOULD, cast iron sauce number 4 in the recruitment pecking order, SHOULD know, but doesn't know for sure, so doesn't really know much. 

• AndyG said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    It was a way of giving a clue to who it might be ! that way it narrows down the speculation on here lol
    Exactly.

Now we can narrow it down to 175 possibilities rather than 500+.

What have I missed?

WIOTOS RULES OK

Kirk was set to be announced this morning, unclear whether that was after signing today's contract, Friday's or the one from Thursday.

Henderson's probably left again. Or not. Maybe.

Cast iron source claims a winger forward should be signed and announced today, SHOULD, cast iron sauce number 4 in the recruitment pecking order, SHOULD know, but doesn't know for sure, so doesn't really know much. 

give u 1 out of 10 for that and that's just for effort - a poor effort  
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at all, by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

• Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'
    AND his life matters?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at all, by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

No if it was Kirk he would have said " there was a bloke training today who had forgotten which junction to get off on from the motorway "
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

No if it's Yaya Sanogo...
  • Something definitely strange going on in the background.

Of a number of players I've been told will be 'over the line' in the next couple of the days, there only appears to be a reasonable excuse for one of them not happening due to a failed medical.

Two separate sources told me Kirk was done and dusted on Thursday.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Strongly disagree. If it then becomes normal for several League 1 sides to pay 5 figure weekly wages to players, then that’s crazy! Way too much money to be spending in third division!

Frustrates me after the financial mess of many clubs in recent years, there’s still fans who want clubs to spend heavily to get promoted. 
    But the point is in league 1 a club like Charlton or Ipswich lose money before they pay the 1st team anything at all.  We have a squad full of players on about 5k a week.  We will lose about 10 million last season, this season and next season and won't get promoted if we don't sign more players on more wages.

The option isn't don't spend anything and try and go up or spunk a fortune and try and go up.  The option is lose 10 million and probably don't go up, lose 12+ million and maybe go up or lose 15+ and almost certainly go up.  The longer your in the 12+ bracket the more chance you have of going up.

Ipswich will spend what ever they need to to get promoted if its not this season it will probably be next season.  
    But if they don't go up they won't be able to shift the failed players who they gave big wages too and the money starts burning up ever quicker.

I suspect they will probably be up this year but if they aren't they could be in big trouble.
  • DOUCHER said:
    is it Ben Odeje?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!