Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    i could go back to my mate and ask what shade / skin tone / hair / height / build etc but think i've said too much - i will now discipline myself for unconcsious bias or something or other and take a damm good look at myself - btw - i couldn't care less whether he is black, brown, yellow, white or anything else - irrelevant to me 
    Ask how many tattoos he has. If it’s 15 then I think I know who it is. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    is it Ben Odeje?
    Sorry to disappoint but it was Amdy Faye.
  • iaitch said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    is it Ben Odeje?
    Damn, I was hoping it was a home coming for  Djimi Traore.
  • edited August 2021
    Traore would solve our left back problem........or maybe not.
  • iaitch said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is it Ben Odeje?
    Damn, I was hoping it was a home coming for  Djimi Traore.
    Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight..........
  • Chances of it actually being Madger Gomes? Still 3 weeks left but bloody hell we could do with a positive transfer just to settle everyone down. 

It’s nuts that the window remains open 4/5 games into the season! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    TomNight said:
    Chances of it actually being Madger Gomes? Still 3 weeks left but bloody hell we could do with a positive transfer just to settle everyone down. 

It’s nuts that the window remains open 4/5 games into the season! 
    If we’ve asked Madger Gomes to come back after failing a trial then we’re in serious trouble. 

It will be someone else 
  • DOUCHER said:
    is it Ben Odeje?
    hope so - he can help me 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i could go back to my mate and ask what shade / skin tone / hair / height / build etc but think i've said too much - i will now discipline myself for unconcsious bias or something or other and take a damm good look at myself - btw - i couldn't care less whether he is black, brown, yellow, white or anything else - irrelevant to me 
    Ask how many tattoos he has. If it’s 15 then I think I know who it is. 
    he's got one that stretches either side of his 'division' - does that count as 1 or 2 ? 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Let's not turn this thread into another fucking debate about something that's got nothing to do with rumours please
    don't worry, i think they are on a wind up - surely...???
  • DOUCHER said:
    Or you could just ask for the players name. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Or you could just ask for the players name. 
    Quite certain that if his mate knew his name, he would have told him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Belv said:

It was fun while it lasted!
  • Belv said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    could have said short, tall, left footed, forward, winger etc. Just don't see how his colour is relevant.
    Oh come on, if he had just said “A new player was training today” everyone on here naturally would have asked what he looked like and obviously he would have then been described as black, short/tall or whatever.

There is clearly nothing in what Doucher has said, just trying to be as descriptive as he could.
    its the only descriptor i have atm - i've gone back for more - as long as he's not slow and ginger i don't see what the problem is  :D
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    Can you refrain from calling people politically correct please?
     It kind of upsets and is slightly offensive to the non-politically correct fraternity.
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:

Not a lot to go on inspector. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    No mate you don't have to do any of that. Just ask what position he plays or is this already accepted he is the winger come Striker.
  •  Come on guys a player is a player - there is no need to mention his ethnic background 
     Or that he's a player. In fact. Don't mention him at all. That's if it is a him?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    Can you refrain from calling people politically correct please?
     It kind of upsets and is slightly offensive to the non-politically correct fraternity.
    of course - in fact i apologise to everybody for everything - just in case - think that covers it 
  • edited August 2021
    As much as this rumour of Kirk has gone on for too long without an ending, it’s nice to be on the other side of the fence for once and not be the club about to lose one of there young stars.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!