Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Belv said:

Heads explode across the fanbase as Nixon gets something right.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    Can you refrain from calling people politically correct please?
     It kind of upsets and is slightly offensive to the non-politically correct fraternity.
    of course - in fact i apologise to everybody for everything - just in case - think that covers it 
    Including your definition of a 'true supporter'? 
     ;)

I jest of course.

At least we learn there is someone other than Kirk potentially to be announced ASAP.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
  • edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    So Kirk has only just realised that Charlton is south of Crewe?

I can only assume that Crewe accepted a bid from us only to be told by Kirk that he's not interested in moving south.
  • JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
    thank god (whoever he is), i'm reprieved 
  • Addickted said:
    Something definitely strange going on in the background.

Of a number of players I've been told will be 'over the line' in the next couple of the days, there only appears to be a reasonable excuse for one of them not happening due to a failed medical.

Two separate sources told me Kirk was done and dusted on Thursday.
    What’s the concern? 
  • Rothko said:
    Addickted said:

Of a number of players I've been told will be 'over the line' in the next couple of the days, there only appears to be a reasonable excuse for one of them not happening due to a failed medical.

What’s the concern? 
    we ain't got one of them old school physio's in to do the medicals have we 'right son, up on the bench, take your shorts and pants off' 
  • edited August 2021
    TomNight said:
    Chances of it actually being Madger Gomes? Still 3 weeks left but bloody hell we could do with a positive transfer just to settle everyone down. 

It’s nuts that the window remains open 4/5 games into the season! 
    If we’ve asked Madger Gomes to come back after failing a trial then we’re in serious trouble. 

I will be someone else 
    Who you gonna be so we all know and can say ahhh that used to be @ElliotCAFC

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought that our squad rebuild couldn’t be done in this summer window and it would take maybe even two or three more windows to get close to what we need. I must admit I did think that by first game we would have a squad that could be challenging for playoffs and not deficient in key areas. With three weeks left to this window we are still woefully short and I doubt three or four PL kids will change that. My view is unless we sign three permanent first choice players our best hope is hanging in there near the top six to give us a chance to push on in January with a signing or two. Still three weeks but masses to do. Not many goals in what we currently have.
    We didn't need a massive squad rebuild this summer though. If we had signed another 2 or 3 permanent players and 1more loanee by now, most people would have been pretty happy, as you'd have a decent core of players with the final PL loan players to arrive later when they are freed up by their parent clubs

The sort of numbers I'm talking about are hardly "Football Manager cheat code" stuff. Instead since Famewo on the 8th July we've signed ONE player. The 8th July is so long ago, Euro 2020 was still taking place then!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Don’t worry guys , Kirk will be announced early doors
    Still confident?
  • I am probably one of the most passionate and vocal 'anti-racism / racial equality' people on this site, and even I can't see for the life of me what @DOUCHER has done wrong here. All of us (including me) are hyper sensitive at the moment as this transfer window turns into a steaming turd. But there was nothing in this at all.
    I think people were kidding/wooshing him?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Don’t worry guys , Kirk will be announced early doors
    Still confident?
    I've changed my definition of early doors to be anytime between midnight and 6am, its all about perspective you see. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I am probably one of the most passionate and vocal 'anti-racism / racial equality' people on this site, and even I can't see for the life of me what @DOUCHER has done wrong here. All of us (including me) are hyper sensitive at the moment as this transfer window turns into a steaming turd. But there was nothing in this at all.
    I think people were kidding/wooshing him?
    Then you’ve misread. 
  • Kirk sounds like another Maddison to be honest. If he doesn’t want to be here then we should move on and find good players that really want to play for the club. 

You can tell how much players like Innis want to be here, and even Clare. Not the best player we’ve got but it’s refreshing to hear how happy he is to be at the club. 

3wks left, I know it’s hard but judge everything when the market is closed - he says impatiently. 
  • Dreadlocks?
  • Is his first name Callum?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Kirk transfer 100% happening on Monday , this has come directly from Crewe’s head of communication
    So are you saying you personally spoke to Crewe's head of communications?
    Yes
    Seems Crewe’s head of communications isn’t that good at communicating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is his first name Callum?
    Lyle?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:

What’s the concern? 
    we ain't got one of them old school physio's in to do the medicals have we 'right son, up on the bench, take your shorts and pants off' 
    You can’t use the term old school on here 😉
  • Uboat said:
    Aaargh. The old, ‘don’t want to move to London’ rears its head again. It does piss me off the way that people who aren’t from London assume that it’s an urban jungle and that they won’t be able to open their curtains in the morning without witnessing a stabbing. We had friends from the midlands visit us in High Barnet and they spent the whole time acting like they were in the Bronx. Of course property is very expensive. So expensive in fact that you virtually need to be a professional footballer to afford a nice house, but as that’s precisely what these prospective signings are I can’t see the problem. 
    Just don’t take the London excuse .. he was happy to join us Jan and has had weeks to tell us he don’t want to move to London so why now when deal done and he expected to sign this morning .. his agent got sniff of a better deal and bigger percentage for himself told him to hold fire for 48 hours to see if anything happens …. if nothing happens Kirk could still be a Charlton player by end of the week if we still want him after being mucked about for a second time by his agent … 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Rothko said:
    Addickted said:

What’s the concern? 
    You can’t use the term old school on here 😉
    Or……”back in the day”…….evidently.🤔
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Kirk transfer 100% happening on Monday , this has come directly from Crewe’s head of communication
    So are you saying you personally spoke to Crewe's head of communications?
    Yes
    Seems Crewe’s head of communications isn’t that good at communicating.
    The info could have been correct up until Kirk changed his mind.
    Not sure Kirk has changed his mind .. more he been advised to old fire for a few days 
  • bobmunro said:
    Is his first name Callum?
    Lyle?
    Its happening!!! at last
  • Thinking about it I expect Kirk and his agent have always kept their options open, why tell anyone you don’t want to move to London? They have nothing to gain doing that. He probably would have signed if it was the only option.

Might explain why he’s not moved during the summer, maybe his agent has been trying to find him a club closer to home and ideally in the Championship. Those clubs won’t have someone like Kirk high in their list of priorities given he’ll likely be a squad player. They’ll bring him in if budget allows after their main signings come in.

All speculation of course..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!