Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    Ipswich are paying higher wages, that's obvious and not particularly weird. 
  • rananegra said:
    Kirk saga is rumbling on like it did for Schwartz and Maddison. Have we ever waited patiently for a player over 2 windows and they've turned out to be good?
    Probably loads but we don’t always hear about it.
  • You never hear players we're selling considering options. It's usually bid accepted transfer done. Buying seems the opposite for us, bid accepted then spend weeks trying to get the deal through 
  • edited August 2021
    You never hear players we're selling considering options. It's usually bid accepted transfer done. Buying seems the opposite for us, bid accepted then spend weeks trying to get the deal through 
    Maybe their agent reads to forums to gauge opinion and thy think "fuck that  they are all batshit mental- I'd rather stay in Crewe*"

*insert bland horrific place that's nowhere near as lovely as Charlton....
  • Ipswich have Fraser, Chaplin, Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Nolan, Pigott, Barry, Bonne and Norwood competing for 4 spots, unreal depth. 
    Yea but we’ve got Thomas and his fight song 
  • Ipswich can just fuck off! Tractor wankers
  • Reading the comments on that tweet is like reading this thread.
    I wonder how many Ipswich and Portsmouth fans have found Morrell’s missus on Instagram and bombarded her with messages. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    Ipswich's CEO said he turned down championship clubs to go there. If that is true it means they're paying way above what we would've been prepared to pay.
    Which I would guess is a 5 figure weekly salary, which in this division is just crazy money 
  • edited August 2021
    Reading between the lines on this Monday morning…

Portsmouth need to sell Jacobs to fund their move for Morrell. Apparently they were reliant upon Jacobs completing a move to Ipswich.

Now Ipswich have realised Pompey need the cash first so have decided to stall the move for Jacobs. They’re trying to get Morrell in first, then go back for Jacobs afterwards. Having their cake and eating it.

Could we nip in and give Pompey the money they need for Jacobs? Think he’d be a decent wing option at this level.
  • Ipswich have Fraser, Chaplin, Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Nolan, Pigott, Barry, Bonne and Norwood competing for 4 spots, unreal depth. 
    Can also be a recipe for unhappy squad.
  • More like George doors, than early doors. Another day of disappointment.

Yeah I know, plenty of window left etc 
  • This isnt meant in an envious way at all as I honestly would not want us to be doing mental business like Ipswich are doing. However the pension fund manager in the USA will need balls of steal when it comes to explaining to his stakeholders wtf is going on with their money lol
    If I treated my SIPP like they are spunking money the SIPP management company would be pressing the alarm bells and rightly so lol
  • Reading between the lines on this Monday morning…

Portsmouth need to sell Jacobs to fund their move for Morrell. Apparently they were reliant upon Jacobs completing a move to Ipswich.

Now Ipswich have realised Pompey need the cash first so have decided to stall the move for Jacobs. They’re trying to get Morrell in first, then go back for Jacobs afterwards. Having their cake and eating it.

Could we nip in and give Pompey the money they need for Jacobs? Think he’d be a decent wing option at this level.
    Wouldn't be a bad shout Callum , although I also reckon there's some of the Adam Armstrong money from Blackburn probably heading Pompey's way for Ronan Curtis . 
  •  When I hear Gallen claim he is rushed off his feet it sets alarm bells ringing. In my working life have met loads of people who claim to be rushed off their feet but never really produce much. Much better the quiet ones who just get on with it.
  • Been staying with @tricky's parents in the land that the internet forgot.

What have I missed?

WIOTOS RULES OK
  • It’s a transfer window Jim, but not as we know it.
    Oi, that was my joke 😏
  • Rothko said:
    Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    Ipswich's CEO said he turned down championship clubs to go there. If that is true it means they're paying way above what we would've been prepared to pay.
    Which I would guess is a 5 figure weekly salary, which in this division is just crazy money 
    It's not crazy if you get promoted and they are good enough to keep you up next season or you can sell one of them at the end of the season to cover the excess loss..  What would be crazy if they don't up then buy another team on those wages.

What is crazy is paying a whole team about 5 or 6k a week and aiming to only lose 10 million quid and have no chance of going up AND not signing any players with a serious resale value.

The later will fail 9/10 it's called "doing a Roland".  
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Kyle Edwards who we were rumoured to be considering has joined Ipswich.....something seems weird that we  cant get these deals over the line. 
    It's not crazy if you get promoted and they are good enough to keep you up next season or you can sell one of them at the end of the season to cover the excess loss..  What would be crazy if they don't up then buy another team on those wages.

What is crazy is paying a whole team about 5 or 6k a week and aiming to only lose 10 million quid and have no chance of going up AND not signing any players with a serious resale value.

Are you the FD at Derby by anychance ? 
  • If Ipswich aren't flying in a few months time Cook will be gone as after their outlay they can't afford to not go up.
  • Reckon Paul Cook has a mole in the camps of Ipswich's chief rivals - let's them do all the research and then nips in with a better offer
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Strongly disagree. If it then becomes normal for several League 1 sides to pay 5 figure weekly wages to players, then that’s crazy! Way too much money to be spending in third division!

Frustrates me after the financial mess of many clubs in recent years, there’s still fans who want clubs to spend heavily to get promoted. 
  • AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

Are you the FD at Derby by anychance ? 
    If Frank Lampard's Derby had won the play offs it would not have been an issue.  The big difference is there is no zero cost/loss option for us or Ipswich. 
  •  When I hear Gallen claim he is rushed off his feet it sets alarm bells ringing. In my working life have met loads of people who claim to be rushed off their feet but never really produce much. Much better the quiet ones who just get on with it.
    To be fair to poor old Steve Gallen, he is one of "the quiet ones who just get on with it".

The only time we hear from him is when someone in the Comms team forces him into a corner for an interview! :wink:

• I’m guessing that Kirks agent is advising his man not to jump the gun and sign until all options are either on the table or off. If Sheffield Utd and or anyone else doesn’t move in the next week then we might be back on. Problem is can we afford to wait and risk getting no one.
    Sanity!
  • Reading between the lines on this Monday morning…

Or Ipswich went for Edwards ahead of Jacobs so they could also get Morrell got the reasons you've outlined.
  • Unsettle a player at one of your rivals, then cancel the deal at the last minute to leave Pompey stuck with an unhappy player...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!