Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Clarky said:
    VFR4life said:
    To make this even funnier, I’ve been told that Henderson could be gone aswell…
    I don’t think too many people will lose any sleep over that. 
    Didn't really see the point of Henderson. Harness as no2 to cover an injury during a game and an emergency loan goalkeeper in if necessary. Of course AMB may have a clause where he can be called back from Ross County should the need arise.
    I doubt such a clause will be allowed, only in January 
  • Laddick01 said:
    VFR4life said:
    Don’t mind losing Henderson but depends on the reason. I know I’m probably totally wrong but from the outside things are starting to look a bit weird.
    A bit ? More than a bit.
    Were we actually after Henderson. I know it was rumoured he was training with the.club but so was Sims and that was as a favour to him.
  • edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    If that is the case and it wasn’t us moving on, why are we finding it so hard to get deals over the line? Is it the current unusual transfer business of this summer, or something wrong with the way we do it?
    I was told a month or so ago, that TS has been a lot more savvy financially than he initially let on, in relation to contracts for players both first and 23s some of which are no longer with us...as you can appreciate players talk to one another
  • Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    If that is the case and it wasn’t us moving on, why are we finding it so hard to get deals over the line? Is it the current unusual transfer business of this summer, or something wrong with the way we do it?
    I throught I read somewhere he was signing for a club back in Ireland … then he was suppose to be training with us which I sort of questioned if that was true 
  • Clarky said:
    Laddick01 said:
    VFR4life said:
    Don’t mind losing Henderson but depends on the reason. I know I’m probably totally wrong but from the outside things are starting to look a bit weird.
    A bit ? More than a bit.
    Were we actually after Henderson. I know it was rumoured he was training with the.club but so was Sims and that was as a favour to him.
    I was told he was 100% there Thursday, think someone else was told Friday too. I believe he's still friendly with Jackson so entirely possible he was training to keep fit and he's had a call about a trial from elsewhere. 
  • Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    What’s his problem. London has a better train network than Crewe despite being one of the busiest junctions in the UK 
  • edited August 2021
    "Savvy financially", a cute way of saying that the purse strings are being closely guarded, let's face it Thomas hasn't built his empire by being less than cautious regarding outgoings financially.
    Hopefully this doesn't all rebound too heavily and he is getting some well intentioned advice regarding the cost's involved in running a football club, don't get taken for a fool Thomas, but realise we have to compete or get left behind in this shite league.
  • Sponsored links:

• VFR4life said:
    Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    I was told a month or so ago, that TS has been a lot more savvy financially than he initially let on, in relation to contracts for players both first and 23s some of which are no longer with us...as you can appreciate players talk to one another
    I don’t mind him tightening the purse strings at all - when you consider some of the contracts dished out to players under previous ownership is it any wonder? That said, clearly we are thin on the ground and need players in. The sooner this transfer window is shut, the better. 
  • Is it savvy or he just does not have the money?
  • Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    By ‘savvy’, do you actually mean ‘tight’ ?
    Or does he see the market as currently depreciated with assets available at below market price? Is is about waiting for the better players to become available when they realise there is nothing else?

Look at how quickly we moved for Clare and, if the rumours are true, 100k seems like a steal.

I think we will only know if it is savvy or not when the window shuts. 

• bobmunro said:
    Macronate said:
    What does 'early doors' mean?
    Early, near the start or beginning. Early; at a time before expected; sooner than usual.
    When English pubs closed in the afternoon, customers who were waiting or arrived soon after the pub re-opened in the evening were known as 'early doors'.

I always associate that phrase with Big Ron!
    I think he was first to use it in a football context - the origins go back to theatres opening doors much earlier than the scheduled start to allow those in the cheap seats to get the best spots. 
    Ha. Never knew that. I’d always understood it to have just been a Big Ron word salad. Great, I can start using it now:-(
  • MattF said:

What does that mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on Charlie, come to Charlton. You wouldn't even have to the change the CAFC 4EVA tattoos on your knuckles
  • Club must know by now that this deal is dead so lets move on. Like all of us,i'm extremely grateful for everything that Thomas has done for the club but something definitely feels a bit wrong now regarding new signings. Lets hope for the best ay?!
  • League 1 for you I guess, if we aren't willing to stump up we won't be able to build a league 1 God squad. Looks like he wants promotion on the cheap hence the 2 year deals and then re-assess. Not the worst idea if it pays off but it's not very likely it will when you think of the competition this season. Got two teams in Wycombe and Rotherham who have championship/high end league1 squads and went down fighting with good managers, then the usual suspects who will always be up there.
  • Club must know by now that this deal is dead so lets move on. Like all of us,i'm extremely grateful for everything that Thomas has done for the club but something definitely feels a bit wrong now regarding new signings. Lets hope for the best ay?!
    Can only hope in this case it’s a fan speculating and going off rumours he’s heard rather than really knowing what’s going on.
  • Have we phoned Madger Gomes to invite him back to the club yet?.....I'm waiting for that next after the latest Kirk & Henderson updates.
  • edited August 2021
    Have we phoned Madger Gomes to invite him back to the club yet?.....I'm waiting for that next after the latest Kirk & Henderson updates.
    To be honest Adkins didnt say that it was out of the question as an option...
  • League 1 for you I guess, if we aren't willing to stump up we won't be able to build a league 1 God squad. Looks like he wants promotion on the cheap hence the 2 year deals and then re-assess. Not the worst idea if it pays off but it's not very likely it will when you think of the competition this season. Got two teams in Wycombe and Rotherham who have championship/high end league1 squads and went down fighting with good managers, then the usual suspects who will always be up there.
    Whether or not it's what we're doing, I think trying to do promotion on the cheap is actually a very bad idea. It normally doesn't work and even when it does, you realise we've spent more pissing around down here for a few years than we would've done had we spent a bit more money in the first season.

I don't think we're being that tight but it sounds like we could be waiting too long on players trying to get them as cheap as possible,
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!