Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    Don’t worry guys , Kirk will be announced early doors
    Is that early doors UK time?
  • Philosophical question: at what point to doors stop being early? Is it a specific time or does it vary based on the event? How will we know when we're no longer early doors on this one?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Don’t worry guys , Kirk will be announced early doors
    Is that early doors UK time?
    Sounds as though the ITKs information is outdated now.
  • Philosophical question: at what point to doors stop being early? Is it a specific time or does it vary based on the event? How will we know when we're no longer early doors on this one?
    Later on probably,...but surely by noon, no later, and into the last 20 minutes so better hurry up B)

• Yeah think if this one comes down to money we aren't getting him. 

It's a choice between regular game time and extra money in a higher division. Imagine staying up north is another pull for Kirk too, as Sheffield isn't too far away from his current home I suspect. 
    Doors may be opened early at any time of the day - depends when they were scheduled to be opened in the first place!
  • bobmunro said:
    Philosophical question: at what point to doors stop being early? Is it a specific time or does it vary based on the event? How will we know when we're no longer early doors on this one?
    Doors may be opened early at any time of the day - depends when they were scheduled to be opened in the first place!
    Frustrating. Big decision for the lad, but two attempts to get this player now and currently appears he hasn't bought into our project on either occasion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    bobmunro said:
    Philosophical question: at what point to doors stop being early? Is it a specific time or does it vary based on the event? How will we know when we're no longer early doors on this one?
    Frustrating. Big decision for the lad, but two attempts to get this player now and currently appears he hasn't bought into our project on either occasion. 
    They rejected our bid the first time, nothing to do with him
  • Yeah I'd be surprised if he signs now , think he'll stay up north. 
  • Chunes said:
    I can't wait for this window to be shut. I can't stand the daily disappointment. 
    Early windows then?
  • Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    So Kirk has only just realised that Charlton is south of Crewe?

I can only assume that Crewe accepted a bid from us only to be told by Kirk that he's not interested in moving south.
  • edited August 2021
    Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    If that was the case would there have been any interest taken in coming south in the first place, it is all down to money and it seems what probably suits the bloody agent rather than the player.
    We have matched the asking price and I take it we have dealt with Kirk's side of things up to now, so as they say, the rest is out of our hands if the location turns out to be an insurmountable issue.
  • edited August 2021
    I'd say it's definitely about money.

If you're adamant you want to stay up North, that doesn't "delay" things, you just don't make the move.

He's either waiting for more money elsewhere (Sheffield United) or using them to get a better offer from us (which I think is the most likely case).

This is twice this has happened this year, I'd just call his bluff and walk away.
  • bobmunro said:
    Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    So Kirk has only just realised that Charlton is south of Crewe?

I can only assume that Crewe accepted a bid from us only to be told by Kirk that he's not interested in moving south.
    Seems that way. Think we should move on from this lad. He's not signing for us anytime soon imo.
  • Sounds like we should move on now. We were messed around in January and it looks like the same is happening here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd substitute 'he' with 'his agent'. He buggered us around in January too.
  • Has there been any serious source for him not signing for us?  Other than the fact it hasn't happened yet? 
  • What does 'early doors' mean?
    Early, near the start or beginning. Early; at a time before expected; sooner than usual.
    When English pubs closed in the afternoon, customers who were waiting or arrived soon after the pub re-opened in the evening were known as 'early doors'.

• Someone mentioned we were in for an Aberdeen player? I reckon Matty Kennedy might be worth a punt - oh, and he wasn't in their squad on Saturday!
  • Want the ITK posts to be true but not surprised at all if we’ve missed out. It’s the way this window has gone.
  • Scoham said:
    Want the ITK posts to be true but not surprised at all if we’ve missed out. It’s the way this window has gone.
    If we don’t get the loans right we will be a bit short. We need 2 or 3 quality players plus depth.
  • I'm always amazed by the number of people who will bite at the smallest thing on Twitter.

If he signs great, as it seems he'll be a good player for us, but if he doesn't because he doesn't want to move south, then actually, great, good for him and good for us not to have a player who can't settle in the south. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!