Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sounds like we are all convincing ourselves that it ain't happening, so at least when the shite hits the fan, we don't get covered in it, what will be will be eh..
  • Oggy Red said:
    Ferryman said:
    Someone mentioned we were in for an Aberdeen player? I reckon Matty Kennedy might be worth a punt - oh, and he wasn't in their squad on Saturday!
    Yeah, but he wanted to move further north.

Orkney FC it is then.. B)
  • The Henderson rumour seems more plausible. 
  • follett said:
    Olly Groome, actually ITK, shutting down the Kirk rumour on Friday should be enough to tell us all it's not happening and it's time to move on  
    He should have told NA that then......
  • Ferryman said:
    bobmunro said:
    Philosophical question: at what point to doors stop being early? Is it a specific time or does it vary based on the event? How will we know when we're no longer early doors on this one?
    Doors may be opened early at any time of the day - depends when they were scheduled to be opened in the first place!
    Frustrating. Big decision for the lad, but two attempts to get this player now and currently appears he hasn't bought into our project on either occasion. 

The only reason he did not join in Jan was because his agent demanding bigger slice of the transfer fee if Crewe who were the ones who cancelled the deal .. player was happy to join ….. like now think agent seen Blackburn get 15 mill today and just holding fire to see if any other offers come in .. if not he will sign for us .. but CAFC need to put a deadline down now we can’t be mucked about twice now by his agent … 
  • Sponsored links:

• All Olly did was shoot down the idea he was joining on Friday, nothing more then that 
  • bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    I can't wait for this window to be shut. I can't stand the daily disappointment. 
    Early windows then?
    This thread/forum would be greatly improved by most of the pant wetting, squealing, doom-peddlers defenestrating themselves.  The earlier the better but never too late - like new signings, ironically.
  • PWADDICK said:
    follett said:
    Olly Groome, actually ITK, shutting down the Kirk rumour on Friday should be enough to tell us all it's not happening and it's time to move on  
    Adkins said we’re interested, shows how much groome knows
    To be honest I don't think Olly gets any news from the club now.  

• PWADDICK said:
    follett said:
    Adkins said we’re interested, shows how much groome knows
    I think we all know we were interested. Olly knows if we're actually signing the bloke or not.
  • bobmunro said:
    Putting two and two together it sounds as though the personal issue might be down to location.
    So Kirk has only just realised that Charlton is south of Crewe?

I can only assume that Crewe accepted a bid from us only to be told by Kirk that he's not interested in moving south.
    Footballers' grasp of geography, the compass and all that is notoriously sketchy.  Remember Dale Stephens moved North from Charlton to Brighton 😂😆🤣
  • VFR4life said:
    My source wouldn’t know anything to do with a deal but always let’s me know on players being talked about by the squad or that have been to sparrows lane 
    Anyone else mentioned? Out of interest...
  • Ferryman said:
    The Henderson rumour seems more plausible. 
    Yeah, but I heard Sheff Utd has come in with a late bid. :smile:

• follett said:
    I think that was more to do with the rumour that it was an imminent signing on Friday
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    What does 'early doors' mean?
    Early, near the start or beginning. Early; at a time before expected; sooner than usual.
    When English pubs closed in the afternoon, customers who were waiting or arrived soon after the pub re-opened in the evening were known as 'early doors'.

I always associate that phrase with Big Ron!
  • edited August 2021
    follett said:
    He shut it down on Friday, not it not happening at all. Cawley didn’t deny it which suggests we were working on it.

Looks like things have changed since then with other clubs coming in for him.

Hopefully it’s nothing more than an agent trying to get the best possible deal as we saw with Mullin.
  • Scoham said:
    follett said:
    He shut it down on Friday, not it not happening at all. Cawley didn’t deny it which suggests we were working on it.

Hopefully it’s nothing more than an agent trying to get the best possible deal as we saw with Mullin.
    It worked though, right?

arent wrexham paying £65,000 a week
  • Macronate said:
    What does 'early doors' mean?
    Early, near the start or beginning. Early; at a time before expected; sooner than usual.
    When English pubs closed in the afternoon, customers who were waiting or arrived soon after the pub re-opened in the evening were known as 'early doors'.

I always associate that phrase with Big Ron!
    I think he was first to use it in a football context - the origins go back to theatres opening doors much earlier than the scheduled start to allow those in the cheap seats to get the best spots. 
  • VFR4life said:
    To make this even funnier, I’ve been told that Henderson could be gone aswell…
    I don’t think too many people will lose any sleep over that. 
  • Scoham said:
    follett said:

It worked though, right?

arent wrexham paying £65,000 a week
    Yeah not saying it didn’t. I heard he’s on £96.7k a week after bonuses.
  • VFR4life said:
    If that is the case and it wasn’t us moving on, why are we finding it so hard to get deals over the line? Is it the current unusual transfer business of this summer, or something wrong with the way we do it?
  • VFR4life said:
    I don’t think too many people will lose any sleep over that. 
    Didn't really see the point of Henderson. Harness as no2 to cover an injury during a game and an emergency loan goalkeeper in if necessary. Of course AMB may have a clause where he can be called back from Ross County should the need arise.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!