Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Does all feel a bit cheap. Not drawing parallels with the champions-elect though.
  • Scoham said:
    Frustrating if we’ve chased a player since at least January and it comes down to him not wanting to move south. Would like to think we could find that out much earlier on.
    The comment suggests he wasn't overly keen on moving south but was happy to as it was just us in for him. But when clubs closer to home and more importantly in a higher division came in for him, then naturally he's going to think 'fuck moving to London'.

All guesswork i know, but i don't think it's a case of he was never interested.
  • Money talks and based on dealings so far we either don't have enough or not offering enough to make things happen. 
  • follett said:
    Olly Groome, actually ITK, shutting down the Kirk rumour on Friday should be enough to tell us all it's not happening and it's time to move on  
    I think that was more to do with the rumour that it was an imminent signing on Friday
    my cast iron source who would know more than olly groome said on saturday we should be completing the signing of a striker come winger on monday - so if olly groome has said that on Friday, its quite likely not Kirk but an alternative - we shall see 
  • Still time for investment in the squad but can't hide how dissapointed I'm feeling atm.

Since the 1960's I've watched our club having to sell it's best players; then trying to buy replacements on the cheap, always shopping in the bargain basement.

Exception being when Murrey took cafc public and we bought a number of quality players.
    I hope we are willing to pay the going rate, that's all.
    If a championship side competes, then understandably that's a different situation.

Our fixed costs must be higher than the average for this league not least cos of our stadium and high quality academy.
    Which is why it makes no sense to me that so far we don't appear to be investing enough in quality players.

It makes sense,  to me at least, to invest now so increasing our chances of promotion this season, so we don't end up with ( for example )  3 years of losses in this league.
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    follett said:
    Olly Groome, actually ITK, shutting down the Kirk rumour on Friday should be enough to tell us all it's not happening and it's time to move on  
    I think that was more to do with the rumour that it was an imminent signing on Friday
    my cast iron source who would know more than olly groome said on saturday we should be completing the signing of a striker come winger on monday - so if olly groome has said that on Friday, its quite likely not Kirk but an alternative - we shall see 
    Sounds like a much needed positive post @DOUCHER, and God knows we need some positivity don't we, and if only your "cast iron" source could substitute "should" with "will", then jobs a goodun mate B)
  • IValley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    Valley11 said:
    VFR4life said:
    To make this even funnier, I’ve been told that Henderson could be gone aswell…
    If that is the case and it wasn’t us moving on, why are we finding it so hard to get deals over the line? Is it the current unusual transfer business of this summer, or something wrong with the way we do it?
    I was told a month or so ago, that TS has been a lot more savvy financially than he initially let on, in relation to contracts for players both first and 23s some of which are no longer with us...as you can appreciate players talk to one another
    By ‘savvy’, do you actually mean ‘tight’ ?
    Don’t think that true at all considering we best Portsmouth twice and Sunderland for two players by offering better wages …. very simple up against other league one sides would say we are too 3/4 payers but the players we are going after are wanted also by championship teams and there no way any league one side can match their wages 
  • Not really kept up to speed over the weekend of this thread but how the F do we go from “Kirk is done will be announced Monday first thing” to him being championship bound?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s keep it that way
  • DOUCHER said:
    follett said:
    Sounds like a much needed positive post @DOUCHER, and God knows we need some positivity don't we, and if only your "cast iron" source could substitute "should" with "will", then jobs a goodun mate B)
    problem is, as people have said, until its done, its not done but the intention is definitely there to do it 
  • edited August 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    follett said:
    You do Know that after reading this post we all now hope Kirk was never our target but it is the alternative winger/striker that is signing today and the one we were after all along.
  • Not really kept up to speed over the weekend of this thread but how the F do we go from “Kirk is done will be announced Monday first thing” to him being championship bound?!
    We are all hoping "chinese whispers", note the word.... hoping B)
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    follett said:
    problem is, as people have said, until its done, its not done but the intention is definitely there to do it 
    Yes, Mathieu Flamini in the Curbs era springs to mind.
  • edited August 2021
    Nothing has really come out about us not meeting the valuation so I doubt it's that.

Much more likely to either be wages or location.

Maybe Kirk is holding out in case a Championship side to come calling. 
  • Hopefully nothing in it but as others have said, our inability to get deals over the line is starting to feel a bit strange. 

Can't shake the feeling that something's not right 
    Can understand the apprehension but I am sure we could get bodies over the line but it is our targets where there are competing clubs which maybe the problem. It does seem we are still after at least one permanent signing whilst loan players in will be easier to get over the line but are not likely to happen until near the end of the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully nothing in it but as others have said, our inability to get deals over the line is starting to feel a bit strange. 

Can't shake the feeling that something's not right 
    When you haven’t got much money and there’s very few good players out there, you have to be very careful with how you spend it. 

It’s been said many times before but Brexit has forced Championship clubs to take more interest in lower League prospects, leaving very little room for us to sign talent. 
  • Kyle Edwards signs with Ipswich.
  • Sounds to me like Kirk and his agent are waiting for a Championship move 
    Yeah, this sounds like he's had his head turned by either whispers or newspaper reports 
  • Taking everything at face value, you’ve got to imagine the club is thinking of setting a deadline. Make a decision by close of business tomorrow or the move is off and we’ll look elsewhere.
  • bobmunro said:
    Macronate said:
    What does 'early doors' mean?
    Early, near the start or beginning. Early; at a time before expected; sooner than usual.
    When English pubs closed in the afternoon, customers who were waiting or arrived soon after the pub re-opened in the evening were known as 'early doors'.

I always associate that phrase with Big Ron!
    I think he was first to use it in a football context - the origins go back to theatres opening doors much earlier than the scheduled start to allow those in the cheap seats to get the best spots. 
    I only ever knew "early doors" as a reference to getting in the pub as soon as it reopened at 5:30pm back when pubs had to close at 3pm
    How did he complete the medical if hes training with us and reading, he must not have much time in the rest of his day.
    Cheers for the info but really ..."up to here" with anything Ipswich, the sooner they drop off the planet the better B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!