Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Kirk transfer 100% happening on Monday , this has come directly from Crewe’s head of communication
    So are you saying you personally spoke to Crewe's head of communications?
    Yes
    Seems Crewe’s head of communications isn’t that good at communicating.
    The info could have been correct up until Kirk changed his mind.
    “100% happening”. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    In the last 33 days we have made one signing
    thats a months wages saved on about 8 players,that comes to a few bob,very savvy Thomas
  • Imagine Charltonlife in the 02/03 summer transfer window. Gary Rowett, Paul Rachubka and then Blomqvist and Mustoe on deadline day!
    And how many games did they play for us between them ?
    I had to look this up…..23  - Rowett 13, Mustoe 6 and Blomqvist 4.
  • edited August 2021
    In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Ah shit, thats not good for anyone of that age!!
    Terrible, hope he’s ok, perhaps it’ll be a catalyst to stay close to family now?
    You couldnt blame him in the slightest could you, regardless of what he chooses to do

Just hope if he does move that the fans of whatever club give him the time to adjust, isnt just going to be dealing with strange surroundings now, but will also have to deal with the fact he cant call his Dad if he's had a shite game etc.

I might be wrong about him, and this might just make him stronger, but equally others will struggle to cope
    Yep, we don’t know what his family circumstances are, whether it’ll leave his mother on her own and whether he has siblings living locally because if it does then she will also need all the support she can get.
  • That’s horrible, it’s no age to lose a parent. 

No one can begrudge him choosing to stay close to his family this season.
  • RedChaser said:
    In terms of Kirk’s personal issues, per his Instagram, his dad has passed. RIP
    Ah shit, thats not good for anyone of that age!!
    Terrible, hope he’s ok, perhaps it’ll be a catalyst to stay close to family now?
    You couldnt blame him in the slightest could you, regardless of what he chooses to do

Just hope if he does move that the fans of whatever club give him the time to adjust, isnt just going to be dealing with strange surroundings now, but will also have to deal with the fact he cant call his Dad if he's had a shite game etc.

I might be wrong about him, and this might just make him stronger, but equally others will struggle to cope
    Yep, we don’t what his family circumstances are, whether it’ll leave his mother on her own and whether he has siblings living locally because if it does then she will also need all the support she can get.
    Not to mention it may even sway him into going for the best option financially now, instead of one that'll perhaps guarantee playing time
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    In the last 33 days we have made one signing
    And need to make at least six in the next 22.
  • My new stance to anyone posting ITK info, "Don't be offended I am not calling you a liar, I simply don't believe you."
  • I just want this thread to close! 
  • I just want this thread to close! 
    September the 1st is not far away.
  • cfgs said:
    I just want this thread to close! 
    2nd.
  • At this rate it’ll never close. We’ll be scraping around for free agents so this will remain open for the rest of the year. It’ll then become the January rumour thread.
  • Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
    Why would that be ? 
    Ask any black people you know, not me. 👍

Very sad about Kirk’s dad passing. RIP. 
    You have just been very un PC. Besides which whst description would you use assuming you used one, as you just did ?
    Have a day off

Only one day?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    2nd.
    That is further away and might well be after the window closes but I didn't want to upset him further, honest.
  • Scoham said:
    At this rate it’ll never close. We’ll be scraping around for free agents so this will remain open for the rest of the year. It’ll then become the January rumour thread.
    Think how long the Takeover thread took to deliver.
  • cfgs said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    2nd.
    That is further away and might well be after the window closes but I didn't want to upset him further, honest.
    The window  closes late this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    2nd.
    Just in time for the January rumours thread to open up. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    2nd.
    I guessed from your reply.  Very unusual for me to have no idea what I am talking about, at least that is what I think the wife says.
  • edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    can confirm that a, how should i say it, to be totally PC - here goes anyway, lets hope ive got it right - ' a new black player was training with the team today' so ... 
    if you wanted to be really PC you could have said 'a new player was training with the team today'. 
    isn't black a bit more descriptive ? 
    I know what you mean, but it’s no more descriptive than saying a player is blonde.

If it was Charlie Kirk training, would you say “a new white player was training today”?

Not saying you’re being racist at, all by the way. Great that we’ve got something to be excited about 

have a think about it Elliot, you seem a reasonable chap - hasn't all the talk today been about kirk signing - well, a new player has been training with the team - people seem to think if a player signs, he does a medical, trains then does photoshoot so surely adding the player is black gives a bit more info than not saying it - why on earth i wouldn't say it just shows how f&&ked up things are now with all this PC nonsense. 
    It isn’t un pc to say a player is black. 
    Why would that be ? 
    Ask any black people you know, not me. 👍

Very sad about Kirk’s dad passing. RIP. 
    You have just been very un PC. Besides which whst description would you use assuming you used one, as you just did ?
    Have a day off
    Even better... Have ALL the days off.
  • TomNight said:
    Also, this is nothing compared to January under ESI!

But they had no money.

Or are you saying that Sandgaard has none either ?
  • Surely we should try for Sam Baldock? 10 years too late but oh well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!