Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    I'm still happy and reassured that we are doing all our transfer business on the quiet this year. 
    So quiet we don't even release who we've signed!
  • mendonca said:
    I'm still happy and reassured that we are doing all our transfer business on the quiet this year. 
    Problem being it's too quiet. We're forgetting to notify the player, the agent and the club that we are interested in them. 
  • mendonca said:
    Problem being it's too quiet. We're forgetting to notify the player, the agent and the club that we are interested in them. 
    YARN  It39s quiet too quiet  Shrek 2001  Video gifs by quotes   1f0dadb3
  • On FanCast 
    Sheffield United will have to move fast if they are to secure a deal to bring Charlie Kirk to Bramall Lane this summer.

he talk?

That’s according to a claim made by Alan Nixon, with The Sun journalist revealing on Twitter that, if Slavisa Jokanovic’s side will have to act quickly to get a deal done for the Crewe Alexandra winger this summer, with Charlton Athletic believed to have reached a £500k agreement for the transfer of the 23-year-old.

Do you write for Old Moore's Almanack?
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Still wouldn’t be halfway to Ipswich’s incomings..!
    But we did not rehearse 20 plus players so we don’t need anywhere near as many as they do to make a squad .. 
    No....we released 16.
    All 1st team players ? 
    Yes.
    Go on then, name those 16 1st team players that we relied on and are no longer here. Please include Oztumer and maddison, I could do with a giggle.
    Ok, time for your giggles.

The players that were out of contract or loans expired as at May 2021 were:

Oshilaja
    Pratley 
    Shinnie
    Amos
    Aneke
    Watson
    JFC
    Matthews 
    Pearce
    Famewo
    Smith
    Millar
    Maatsen
    Stockley
    Maddison
    Oztumer.

16 players.

Yes, you might say that 2 of the loanees came in for Oztumer & Maddison, but I'm pretty sure we would have taken up our "quota" of 5 loans anyway, even if they had stayed.

So, from 16 players (or call it 14 if you really want to) we secured the services of 6 of them (Watson, Pearce, JFC, Matthews, Stockley & Famewo) and then signed 3 more (MacGillivray, Dobson & Clare). So we are down by at least 5. 7 by my maths.... but have it your way.

Oh.... and btw - 1 of the 9 is currently injured(JFC) so if I gave you the 14 you can give me back 1. So we are down 6. Then we were told that Watson & Pearce were going to be bit part players & were not going to be playing week in week out. 

As someone earlier pointed out - I get a lot of stick on here but at least I am consistent. I got a hell of abuse a month ago for saying that Duchatalet (for all his faults- and there were loads) did (at first) support the manager with signings. 

If TS hadn't have "saved us" and had merely bought the club from Duchatalet in Jan 2020 instead of ESI then I'm sure he would be getting a rougher ride than he is currently. 

So we agree we don’t need replace anywhere near as many as Ipswich because we signed up 6 of the players who were out of contract. We also brought back two of our five loan players.

How many of Ipswich’s 20 released players stayed there and signed new deals? How many loans came back for this season?

On Maddison and Oztumer we were under a wage cap so it was important that they went. If they didn’t we may have brought in whoever we could loan for free I guess.

I’ve always agreed RD spent money on signings early on, no one can deny that. Our squads were never quite big enough but he spent big fees on the likes of Vetokele, Sarr, Bauer etc, more than we had spent for years. It could have been spent more wisely though, Powell achieved a lot more with a smaller budget. His managerial choices and sackings also made it unlikely to bring any success.

If we don’t bring in at least four signings by the end of the window TS will no doubt get a rough ride unless we’re winning every week. Plenty of unhappy fans are out there across social media. I’m not happy with the business so far either but I’ll judge it at the end of the window.
  • We could of probably agreed a deal with Gomes and jonny Williams. But the fact we haven’t makes me think we are trying to get better if we do or don’t is another question could still be open to bringing them 2 in but trying to get better.think transfer window day will be our biggest ever this time.the next 2 weeks are crucial.
  • Just noticed Portsmouth having second look at Mingi.not just is struggling to get deals done. 
  • If you're getting a bit twitchy about our lack of transfer activity just think how the players, agents and club Chairman who have are watching the clock tick down on the offers on the table... 

• Don't know if this is recent or not, but Charlie Kirk's other half follows Charlton Twitter.
    Possibly having a laugh winding up our fans such as the one messaging her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know if this is recent or not, but Charlie Kirk's other half follows Charlton Twitter.
    Had to check twitter the other day as soon as the instagram follow saga broke.... it's definitely a new follow.
  • Been out all day how’s it going, we signed Kane and Messi yet 😉.
  • edited August 2021
    shine166 said:
    Oshilaja replaced 
    Pratley replaced 
    Shinnie didn't feature for Adkins
    Amos replaced 
    Aneke gone
    Watson still here 
    JFC still here 
    Matthews still here 
    Pearce still here 
    Famewo still here 
    Smith didn't play 
    Millar gone 
    Maatsen gone 
    Stockley signed on a perm 
    Maddison didn't play 
    Oztumer. Didn't play 

How about looking at it like this ? Nobody thinks we are ready for a full season but pretending we've lost 16 players is stupid... no matter how many people agree with you. 
    is it? Shinnie may not have played under Adkins, Smith either but they were squad players and if we had injuries or suspensions they may have done. It's why you have a squad.
    And we still need to sign players as per the rest of my post ... but saying we've lost 16 players is bollox. We are 4/5 players short

• RedChaser said:
    Been out all day how’s it going, we signed Kane and Messi yet 😉.
    Both at sparrows lane yesterday, but both last seen driving through Chelmsford towards ipswich
    Could be stopping off at Colchester..
  • no messi and Kane back up plan if we don’t get Haaland and Ronaldo 
    She’s also liked a lot of Charlton fans’ tweets that are asking to respect their privacy and stating how weird the DM’s are.
    Had to check twitter the other day as soon as the instagram follow saga broke.... it's definitely a new follow.
    She was following last Thursday. Would expect this’ll be fairly quiet for a while tbh and rightly so. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!