Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Maybe Steve Gallen was at Loftus Road on club business and not just to watch some football but wouldn’t that imply that he was there to watch one of the 22 plus players used otherwise what’s the point ? Wouldn’t it also mean we’re interested in signing a current Championship starter or bench player ? Perhaps one of the subs will soon be available for loan but then why would a Championship side put them on the bench if surplus to requirements ? If the trip was not to watch one of the players and solely to speak with someone from either club then on a day when Charlton are playing you’d surely wonder why a telephone call wouldn’t be enough. All idle speculation of course but 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • This place is getting ridiculous at the moment - you so much as squeak out a fart, someone misinterprets it, and ww3 breaks out
    I think it would depend on the flavour of the fart!!, it would also have to sound like an old fart as we can’t have anything being replaced for something new!!😂
  • I'm getting B O R E D with  all this bloodya Kirk is on, then it's off, then it's on.....ffs,.. i'ts like pulling teeth.....get it done or get out the door B)
    Nothing we can do if he’s getting offers from elsewhere…..it’s not us who are holding things up, he and his (known to be slippery), agent will naturally be taking their time comparing what’s on the table.
  • edited August 2021
    Would Kirk, who was born in Cheshire, come to London to play in League 1, when he could join Stoke or Sheff U, and get more money and play in the Championship and stay near home? Just wondering
  • Maybe Steve Gallen was at Loftus Road on club business and not just to watch some football but wouldn’t that imply that he was there to watch one of the 22 plus players used otherwise what’s the point ? Wouldn’t it also mean we’re interested in signing a current Championship starter or bench player ? Perhaps one of the subs will soon be available for loan but then why would a Championship side put them on the bench if surplus to requirements ? If the trip was not to watch one of the players and solely to speak with someone from either club then on a day when Charlton are playing you’d surely wonder why a telephone call wouldn’t be enough. All idle speculation of course but 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Unlikely that any of the players that featured would be who he was after but we could be after somebody in either of their squads and he wanted to do business face to face.
  • ross1 said:
    Would Kirk, who was born in Cheshire, come to London to play in League 1, when he could join Stoke or Sheff U, and get more money and play in the Championship and stay near home? Just wondering
    if them clubs were interested still not seen anything to confirm that just .. rumours .
  • ross1 said:
    if them clubs were interested still not seen anything to confirm that just .. rumours .
    Exactly
  • Sponsored links:

• Clarky said:
    Maybe Steve Gallen was at Loftus Road on club business and not just to watch some football but wouldn’t that imply that he was there to watch one of the 22 plus players used otherwise what’s the point ? Wouldn’t it also mean we’re interested in signing a current Championship starter or bench player ? Perhaps one of the subs will soon be available for loan but then why would a Championship side put them on the bench if surplus to requirements ? If the trip was not to watch one of the players and solely to speak with someone from either club then on a day when Charlton are playing you’d surely wonder why a telephone call wouldn’t be enough. All idle speculation of course but 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Unlikely that any of the players that featured would be who he was after but we could be after somebody in either of their squads and he wanted to do business face to face.
    And it wouldn’t wait until Sunday or Monday. Lucky we weren’t after an Aberdeen player.
  • The Sheff Utd are not over joyed with the Kirk rumours .. they don’t believe there anything in them because they want better quality players and don’t believe he would feature 
  • Clarky said:
    And it wouldn’t wait until Sunday or Monday. Lucky we weren’t after an Aberdeen player.
    Perhaps we are and he flew to Aberdeen today to hold talks tomorrow!
  • I'm getting B O R E D with  all this bloodya Kirk is on, then it's off, then it's on.....ffs,.. i'ts like pulling teeth.....get it done or get out the door B)
    Nothing we can do if he’s getting offers from elsewhere…..it’s not us who are holding things up, he and his (known to be slippery), agent will naturally be taking their time comparing what’s on the table.
    Cheers @SoundAsa£, understand,..it's just me getting pissed off with the toing and froing, dare say we are all in the same boat there, will have a beer and chiiilll, or as Henry would say WIOTOS B)
  • RedRobin said:
    The fact the interest from Sheffield United has come from Alan Nixon, I’d take with a big pinch of salt! He makes things up as he goes along. 
    Sort of, he does spout some rubbish but he does have contacts in the game and is relatively well informed. I imagine his wrong information is most likely him being a mouthpiece for agents, rather than completely making things up. 

The picture below suggests Sheffield United have recently added an additional target to their list: 

• Nixon did say we had already agreed 500k for him so maybe our deal is already done
  • ‘Reports suggest’ = one report from a Sun hack
  • That video of Kirk is very interesting , looks like he's comfortable with both feet and would really add the directness we need. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Wait but people have told us our season is over cos players weren't all signed up before the first game and that we won't sign any now... Is Thomas suggesting we will and that we still have a battling chance?!
    Try scoring points when we have signed these players.  Thomas has already backtracked on us pissing this division.....
  • This Charlie Kirk has got really good movement off the ball, always seems to be running into acres of space having lost any marker.
    Very comfortable running with the ball.

Apart from typical winger attributes, I noticed he was very sharp with quick short passing in tight areas.
    Good awareness of team mates, finds time, looks up before picking a pass. 

Also like the way he often took the ball to the line and cut back his cross low in front of his onrushing strikers - hard to defend that.

• edited August 2021
    I’m still hopeful we can get Kirk but my hopes are fading a bit. My guess is that on Thursday/ Friday we thought we had him but then Sheffield Utd stuck their oar in. 
  • This is the problem with putting your eggs all in one basket. 

If Kirk says no what or who is left? 
  • This is the problem with putting your eggs all in one basket. 

If Kirk says no what or who is left? 
    Josh Sims?
  • DOUCHER said:
    not read anything yet but winger / striker should be completed on monday - cast iron source  

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!