Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    I mean he might be going to the Championship, but a couple of Crewe fans passing off what they read in the papers as there own thoughts, ain’t a rumour 
    Did a paper link Kirk with Stoke?
  • We desperately need to start getting something over the line …. Other teams in our league have managed it. I know some people have said patience is a virtue but the danger is it’s gonna turn in to a last minute panic over the dross that nobody else wants 
    Agreed. We're not there yet, but you don't want to get to the end of the window still not having landed one of the permanent targets, as then there's the danger of overpaying or panic buys
  • Rothko said:
    Couple of Crewe fans on Twitter saying it’s between Stoke and Sheffield United for Kirk. 

Apparently loads of clubs have matched a release clause 
    Good to see they can read news websites up there 
    Your obviously ok with making disparaging remarks about Northern people then ? What if any of them are of colour ? Would you like to revisit your post and add a disclaimer that your only having a go at white Notherners ?

i know i
  • edited August 2021
    I'm getting B O R E D with  all this bloody Kirk is on, then it's off, then it's on.....ffs,.. i'ts like pulling teeth.....get it done or get out the door B)
  • I'm getting B O R E D with  all this bloody Kirk is on, then it's off, then it's on.....ffs,.. i'ts like pulling teeth.....get it done or get out the door B)
    It’s just noise .. from various sites .. but the news coming out of Crewe yesterday was he was signing for us on Monday .. they should know 
  • Leuth said:
    Sandgaard will probably break the bank when he finds they have a player called Santana
    Don’t worry. We’ll end up with Kucka no doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Who is this Sky that Thomas is talking about? A leftback?
  • cfgs said:
    Rothko said:
    Yep. First name Luke. Doesn’t rush around.
    Forceful player though.
  • That takes me back. There was genuinely one bloke who used to shout "use the force Luke" about 3/4 times a match when Luke Young got the ball. 
  • cfgs said:
    Rothko said:
    Dunno, but he passes the height test with flying colours.. B)
  • Makes you queasy when you see Sheff Utd fans saying “only 500k, it’s worth the gamble” etc etc. When was the last time we could say the same about half a million quid? Probably 2007?

It’ll be up to Kirk whether he wants to risk being a benchwarmer behind their more proven players, or having a guaranteed starting spot with a team who may well be playing in the same league this time next year.
  • ^^ if Sheffield Utd are even interested that is.
  • Makes you queasy when you see Sheff Utd fans saying “only 500k, it’s worth the gamble” etc etc. When was the last time we could say the same about half a million quid? Probably 2007?

It’ll be up to Kirk whether he wants to risk being a benchwarmer behind their more proven players, or having a guaranteed starting spot with a team who may well be playing in the same league this time next year.
    500k is probably a fringe player for them with parachute payments coming in 
  • I see they’ve got an asking price of 35m on Sander Berge, with a few Serie A clubs interested. It’s just mad.
  • I see they’ve got an asking price of 35m on Sander Berge, with a few Serie A clubs interested. It’s just mad.
    Surprised he hasn't got a move yet. That price tag might go a long way to explain it , I'd imagine Ramsdale will be a similar price.
  • Sponsored links:

What’s the pitch, we got ruthlessly mugged when we brought him, so we’re doing the same on the way out 
  • edited August 2021
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    Steve Gallen should be at The Valley to aid the recruitment of players and not at other games?
    Oh dear, I think you need to stop digging, as you've already fallen down the hole.
  • I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    Steve Gallen should be at The Valley to aid the recruitment of players and not at other games?
    Oh dear, I think you need to stop digging, as you've already fallen down the hole.
    Ain’t that the truth, why should Gallen be at the Valley? He’s not picking the team, mixing the iPro, ironing the kit
  • edited August 2021
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    Oh for the 50th time I was backing him up. Someone said he was just at the game to watch football and not look at players. I disagreed with that.

The statement I made was making the point that he would have a good reason to not be at the valley (ie looking at players) not just randomly watching a game. 

He would have to have a damn good reason and he has - he is recruiting for us!
  • I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    Oh for the 50th time I was backing him up. Someone said he was just at the game to watch football and not look at players. I disagreed with that.

The statement I made was making the point that he would have a good reason to not be at the valley (ie looking at players) not just randomly watching a game. 

He would have to have a damn good reason and he has - he is recruiting for us!
    Good on him trying to save the club some money by not ringing up the phone bill and meeting whoever face to face!! 
  • Rothko said:
    Wait but people have told us our season is over cos players weren't all signed up before the first game and that we won't sign any now... Is Thomas suggesting we will and that we still have a battling chance?!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Wait but people have told us our season is over cos players weren't all signed up before the first game and that we won't sign any now... Is Thomas suggesting we will and that we still have a battling chance?!
    It’s gonna come down to how many and what quality.

If he means 1-2 players then that’s worrying.

if he means 6-7 with 3-4 starters then that’s great.

All we can do is wait and see from here on in
  • seth plum said:
    I remember when we were fussing and fussing about signing Ben Reeves.
    I was thinking the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!