Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Need at least 4 bodies in. 

I do not see any good evidence we have replaced Aneke's 15 goals. And without those 15 last year we would be mid to lower half of the table. "Bodies" alone does not get the job done, imo, if the goal is promotion or even playoffs.
    We will score more goals this season than we did last season.

Football isn’t as simple as plugging player X in and adding 15 goals.

Wanna put some money on that prediction? We finished 4th in the division in goals (70) scored last season and I see no way we come close to that in 2021-22. How is a £20, payable via Venmo or PayPal? Very happy to lose that money if you are proven correct. B)
    Go on then, a bit of fun. We can make it $20 since we’re both Stateside!
  • Need at least 4 bodies in. 

I do not see any good evidence we have replaced Aneke's 15 goals. And without those 15 last year we would be mid to lower half of the table. "Bodies" alone does not get the job done, imo, if the goal is promotion or even playoffs.

Lol, no we won't, we averaged 1.52 goals last season, and have lost our top scorer and now play 1 up top
  • edited August 2021
  • Unpopular opinion...Morgan isn’t good enough CAM to get us promoted. Need a ball playing cm or CAM 
    Looks a better player than Clare to me, however ; not that I thought the latter is bad but I wonder if you need him and Dobson at home . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Unpopular opinion...Morgan isn’t good enough CAM to get us promoted. Need a ball playing cm or CAM 
    Looks a better player than Clare to me, however ; not that I thought the latter is bad but I wonder if you need him and Dobson at home . 
    We have no one else.
  • No denial from Adkins on the Charlie Kirk link.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Murmurs the Crewe end that our bid of 400k has been accepted after not getting him for 500k in January. 

Probably would explain why it’s dragged on so long if Crewe wanted that extra 100 grand we offered six/seven months ago.
  • Pleased we're not signing Gomes.
  • Need at least 4 bodies in. 

Wanna put some money on that prediction? We finished 4th in the division in goals (70) scored last season and I see no way we come close to that in 2021-22. How is a £20, payable via Venmo or PayPal? Very happy to lose that money if you are proven correct. B)
    Go on then, a bit of fun. We can make it $20 since we’re both Stateside!
    Cheaping out 😉
  • edited August 2021
    Think LW was a real weakspot today, Washington went missing at times. We definitely need 4-6 players, 4 minimum. 
    Hmm, it's moments like this I wish we had access to match stats - as though he may not been super creative when he got the ball in attacking positions - he popped up everywhere and was a big reason Wednesday never created anything of note. 
    Can't see him supplying or scoring much from LW this season, sorry. He needs to be played down the middle imo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd say 4-6 is right. Would like for it to start with Charlie Kirk, that would be a bit of a statement signing. 

Playmaker for me is the other place if there's any budget for fees left that I'd look to spend as opposed to loan . Just think some of these PL loans that have only played U23s can look a bit lightweight in midfield. 

Striker I wouldn't mind someone that's a bit like a Leko that can also cover wide . I don't know if someone like an Ellis Simms might still be available from Everton or if he's got championship interest. 

• We definitely need another striker 
  • Think LW was a real weakspot today, Washington went missing at times. We definitely need 4-6 players, 4 minimum. 
    Hmm, it's moments like this I wish we had access to match stats - as though he may not been super creative when he got the ball in attacking positions - he popped up everywhere and was a big reason Wednesday never created anything of note. 
    Can't see him supplying or scoring much from LW this season, sorry. He needs to be played down the middle imo. 
    Agree with this. In a way I'd prefer to play a 4-4-2 because his movement and Stockley's ability to drop in and hold up the ball feels like it could cause havoc. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'd say 4-6 is right. Would like for it to start with Charlie Kirk, that would be a bit of a statement signing. 

Playmaker for me is the other place if there's any budget for fees left that I'd look to spend as opposed to loan . Just think some of these PL loans that have only played U23s can look a bit lightweight in midfield. 

Striker I wouldn't mind someone that's a bit like a Leko that can also cover wide . I don't know if someone like an Ellis Simms might still be available from Everton or if he's got championship interest. 

I really think we already have DJ. Creative flair that goes missing. Don’t want 2 of those 
  • esseffect said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd say 4-6 is right. Would like for it to start with Charlie Kirk, that would be a bit of a statement signing. 

I really think we already have DJ. Creative flair that goes missing. Don’t want 2 of those 
    DJ was frustrating to watch today. Kept running down blind alleys 
    Think he was looking for Liam Millar.
  • DOUCHER said:
    not read anything yet but winger / striker should be completed on monday - cast iron source  
    Winger = Kirk
    Striker = ?
  • esseffect said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yes we do, as a minimum, so when one goes missing you bring the other one on
  • DOUCHER said:
    not read anything yet but winger / striker should be completed on monday - cast iron source  
    Doucher is this Kirk + a striker? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!