Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Oh the whining if he does go elsewhere, be intolerable from some 
  • edited August 2021
    Not getting carried away by the Kirk thing, especially as there's rumours of championship interest.
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    Oh the whining if he does go elsewhere, be intolerable from some 
    Right, it's the nature of the beast that is the rumours thread,.. the more you hear, the more you want to hear, and should it come tumbling down it is intolerable for some , as is said, it is the hope that does for you... B)
  • Let’s hope there’s nothing in the Stoke rumours because if they want him they’ll get him. They do look a little short on wingers though and it’s nice and local for him.
  • The risk of leaving it late in the window and waiting for the "right" players is that we're competing with Championship clubs whose business is also being done late

Blackburn for example are likely to lose Armstrong for a big fee, and will have money to spend.
  • From a personal point of view for him, Stoke would be the ideal, wouldn’t have to move, keep the same groups around friends and family, and in the Championship.

but I’m sure that’s too much nuance for the hard of thinking, who will go into a meltdown and complain of lack of ambition 
  • Rothko said:
    Oh the burying of heads in the sand and insistence that we are in great shape, will be intolerable from some.
    But no one has said that, I know it’s a thing for a certain type of poster to say, but no one thinks the squad is done
  • Let’s hope there’s nothing in the Stoke rumours because if they want him they’ll get him. They do look a little short on wingers though and it’s nice and local for him.
    I'm not sure they are short on wingers, unless the rumours of Ince leaving are true. Currently they've got Doughty, Brown, Ince and McClean. 
  • Sponsored links:

I'm not sure they are short on wingers, unless the rumours of Ince leaving are true. Currently they've got Doughty, Brown, Ince and McClean. 
    Last season Stoke badly lacked creativity, which cost them any chance of the playoffs, that's what they needed to fix in the summer
    Short on good wingers 
    Last season Stoke badly lacked creativity, which cost them any chance of the playoffs, that's what they needed to fix in the summer
    Their star player got a long term injury, didn't he?

• I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
  • Might be a day off visiting the club his family played for.
  • Lincoln off to a flyer at Gills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Oh the burying of heads in the sand and insistence that we are in great shape, will be intolerable from some.
    Has anyone, at all, even suggested or even hinted that we are in great shape? 
  • cfgs said:
    Might be a day off visiting the club his family played for.
    Steve Gallen taking a day off?

I mean he's done nothing for 4 weeks, just sitting on his hands.
    I've read what many fans have said, that for Steve Gallen life is just one long holiday. :angry::smile:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    He is head of recruitment, wouldn't be doing much good watching the players we currently have everyweek would it!!!!! 
    And it’s pretty possible to be back at the Valley for the first half
  • Cue the first “I knew we should have signed Mo Eisa, he’s a world beater” comments 😜
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    He is head of recruitment, wouldn't be doing much good watching the players we currently have everyweek would it!!!!! 
    I assume you mean second half, unless he has a helicopter lined up  :D
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I assume you mean second half, unless he has a helicopter lined up  :D
    If he leaves early say 4.30 and goes by Motorbike taxi he could make kick off 😉.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!