Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Stoke getting Liam Delap this week on loan from City, so Kirk is down the list, mentioned another midfielder who wasn’t Kirk on 5Live
  • What happened to the 7 days a week searching for players. 
    This is the 6th day.
  • Rothko said:
    Stoke getting Liam Delap this week on loan from City, so Kirk is down the list, mentioned another midfielder who wasn’t Kirk on 5Live
    They’re after Nyambe (RB) at Blackburn apparently.
  • How many players do we actually have right now on our first team? 
  • Happy face everyone!

• edited August 2021
    See the "mighty" Ipswich scrape a 2-2 home draw to Morecombe with a 90th min equalizer  B)
  • See the "mighty" Ipswich scrape a 2-2 home draw to Morecombe with a 90th min equalizer  B)
    From Bonne
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Stoke set up in a 5 3 2 today so no wingers.
    Perfect formation for Doughty tbf.
    Can’t see him starting ahead of Tymon mind.
    Came on for Tymon with 12 minutes left. I'd expect that to be a regular thing unless they change formation.
  • See the "mighty" Ipswich scrape a 2-2 home draw to Morecombe with a 90th min equalizer  B)
    From Bonne
    Would be nice to have players with league experience able to come off the bench to save a game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• No Foul for blatantly trying to undress Famewo?
  • edited August 2021
    Oh fuck off ref Clare won the ball! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oh fuck off ref Clare won the ball! 
    We have a rumour. Get him on the list. 
  • Need at least 4 bodies in. 
  • Any sightings of Kirk?
  • edited August 2021
    Need at least 4 bodies in. 

I do not see any good evidence we have replaced Aneke's 15 goals. And without those 15 last year we would be mid to lower half of the table. "Bodies" alone does not get the job done, imo, if the goal is promotion or even playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unpopular opinion...Morgan isn’t good enough CAM to get us promoted. Need a ball playing cm or CAM 
    Couldn’t agree more. Think that was our main problem today.
  • Think Morgan has the ability to play attacking midfield but to play in the hole you need to be a goal threat.
  • Need at least 4 bodies in. 

I do not see any good evidence we have replaced Aneke's 15 goals. And without those 15 last year we would be mid to lower half of the table. "Bodies" alone does not get the job done, imo, if the goal is promotion or even playoffs.
    We will score more goals this season than we did last season.

Football isn’t as simple as plugging player X in and adding 15 goals.

Wanna put some money on that prediction? We finished 4th in the division in goals (70) scored last season and I see no way we come close to that in 2021-22. How is a £20, payable via Venmo or PayPal? Very happy to lose that money if you are proven correct. B)
  • Statistically Gilbey is a goalthreat when he has been played in a more advanced position. Whether he is also good enough for promotion is another question.
  • sam3110 said:
    Unpopular opinion...Morgan isn’t good enough CAM to get us promoted. Need a ball playing cm or CAM 
    Not going to disagree with this, he had 2 glorious chances today and completely faffed both of them. As a minimum he should be hitting the target, especially the second one
    Agree on the second the first came at him bloody quick and he had to hit it with his left.

Second I expected better as he got a touch. 

His creative passing is what has him as our CAM at the moment and he showed he can spray good passes around as he grew into the game. 

He made intelligent runs into the box too, just needs that bit of composure on the strike, which he seems to have lost in favour of power.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!