Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    He is head of recruitment, wouldn't be doing much good watching the players we currently have everyweek would it!!!!! 

Do we reckon he is scouting members of QPR and MIllwalls first team squad? Maybe we are lining up a bid for Jed Wallace, feels unlikely though.

I suspect it is more to do with his personal connections to QPR. Mildly irritating given our lacklustre transfer window (so far.)
  • I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    I would suggest it’s needs to be a damn good reason to be anywhere other than the Valley where his team is playing 
    Of course you would.
  • My prediction. Kirk doesn't play for Crewe today, but nothing else is announced

Afterwards Artell explains that Kirk isn't in the right mindset to play, with transfer business ongoing
     He is not and Lowery isn't either. Dale is. Mandron is useful.
    Why cos he just scored an apparently very easy goal.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I doubt that he’s attending for anything significant for Charlton. Just taking in a local game. I’m sure QPR make him welcome.
    Of course you would.
    As in I’m backing him up - someone suggested he was just taking in a game.

I am suggesting he is there for a much better reason than that and is looking at a potential signing 
  • Conor Masterson at Qpr a young Irish Centre Back is the only possibility I can think of.

He isn't playing though. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Of course you would.
    As in I’m backing him up - someone suggested he was just taking in a game.

I am suggesting he is there for a much better reason than that and is looking at a potential signing 
    Doh sorry misread that given your recent pessimism/realism (delete as appropriate).
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Of course you would.
    The last thing I need at the moment is you being a total prick with what I’m dealing with in my private life at the moment.
  • Richard J said:
    Conor Masterson at Qpr a young Irish Centre Back is the only possibility I can think of.

He isn't playing though. 
    Would be a good option to have if he’s surplus to requirements there. But like you say, Gallen doesn’t glean much if he’s not involved. Maybe a few face to face conversations being had pre and post match?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Of course you would.
    The last thing I need at the moment is you being a total prick with what I’m dealing with in my private life at the moment.
    Sorry to hear you're going through some issues. See my last response. Reasons for pessimism/realism may well make some sense if you're in a bad place.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Of course you would.
    Sorry to hear you're going through some issues. See my last response. Reasons for pessimism/realism may well make some sense if you're in a bad place.
    I didn’t even mean anything by it - I just meant I reckon he is there to watch a signing (ie that’s the damn good reason) rather than just watching a game. No more no less.

Jesus if someone’s gonna have a go at me there are far more posts from the last few days than that one!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021

• I very much doubt Gallen would be at QPR v Millwall if it wasn't Charlton related.
    If also he is trying to find players for now I would be equally worried.  They maybe players on either team than get replaced before the window closes, in January or at the end of the season.  Remember he noticed Clare 3 clubs and quite a long time ago. 
  • Scoham said:
    I very much doubt Gallen would be at QPR v Millwall if it wasn't Charlton related.
    I can’t see any immediate targets being players in Championship match day squads.

I wonder if it’s more a case of a game he can watch at 3 that gives him time to get to our game.

Good to keep up to date on Championship players who we might be looking at longer term.
    Well we do need a Matt Smith to fill the Matt Smith quota
  • Wow. Kneejerk rudeness reaching new levels.
  • Scoham said:
    I very much doubt Gallen would be at QPR v Millwall if it wasn't Charlton related.
    I can’t see any immediate targets being players in Championship match day squads.

I wonder if it’s more a case of a game he can watch at 3 that gives him time to get to our game.

Good to keep up to date on Championship players who we might be looking at longer term.
    Well we do need a Matt Smith to fill the Matt Smith quota
    We know that’s a done deal that’ll go through on 31st January 2022.
  • Let’s hope there’s nothing in the Stoke rumours because if they want him they’ll get him. They do look a little short on wingers though and it’s nice and local for him.
    I'm not sure they are short on wingers, unless the rumours of Ince leaving are true. Currently they've got Doughty, Brown, Ince and McClean. 
    Short on good wingers 
    Fair point, although Brown is ok and Doughty hasn't had his chance yet. Could see them getting rid of one and signing one though to be honest, just hope it's not Kirk. 
  • Let’s hope there’s nothing in the Stoke rumours because if they want him they’ll get him. They do look a little short on wingers though and it’s nice and local for him.
    I'm not sure they are short on wingers, unless the rumours of Ince leaving are true. Currently they've got Doughty, Brown, Ince and McClean. 
    Short on good wingers 
    Fair point, although Brown is ok and Doughty hasn't had his chance yet. Could see them getting rid of one and signing one though to be honest, just hope it's not Kirk. 
    Doughty and Ince both on the bench today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If this is going to be Stoke’s regular setup they won’t need more wingers...

• edited August 2021
    Stoke set up in a 5 3 2 today so no wingers.
  • cs1986 said:
    Perfect formation for Doughty tbf.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Can’t see him starting ahead of Tymon mind.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    For sure mate. Surprised he didn't start for them. I dont see Kirk fitting into how they want to play. I think Blackburn need defensive players as well as they had no problem with goals last year and started off the same this. They still got Dack to come back as well.
  • So we not only have a thread for  possible rumours involving us, we also now have got one for Stoke as well. B)
    Don't leave Blackburn out mate
  • What happened to the 7 days a week searching for players. 
    Bore off will ya. He will be there for a reason.
    Obviously and no
    Assume you have the answers the wrong way around do you?, or is it you will bore off and he won't be there for a reason?? B)
    Obviously and no
    Assume you have the answers the wrong way around do you?, or is it you will bore off and he won't be there for a reason?? B)
    If you insist , No and obviously. Happy now. I don't  see why it required your intervention anyway. Either time .
    Just trying to be helpful..friends again B)
    Obviously and no
    If you insist , No and obviously. Happy now. I don't  see why it required your intervention anyway. Either time .
    Just trying to be helpful..friends again B)
    Don't think he does friends 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!