Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Anyone got one for league 1?
  • Davo53 said:
    Hello shootershillguru ,l agree that was a good post if fans have the same patience as yourself.If ts and na came out and said that at the end of last season,we’re looking to bring in a few youngsters and a few players on frees the expectation of a lot of fans wouldn’t be so high. But no, you had NA saying that will us next year (hull celebrating winning title) and TS saying we’re gonna blow league 1 out of the water.with the squad at the moment the only thing that’s gonna blow is our chances of promotion.spend a few million get them class players,go flat out for promotion (like Ipswich) get in the championship,get 27,000 back in the stadium,Ts will soon get his money back.
    I may be in the minority, but I’m glad Sandgaard hasn’t spent “a few million” on players this summer. Yes, it would have been exciting to have some big names come in, but it’s not financially viable to be spending that kind of cash in this league. I feel more positive that Sandgaard is looking at the long game and ensuring we still exist and in a position to improve/grow in the years to come. 

I’ll be very interested to hear from those who think we should be spending like Ipswich now, if in May Ipswich fail to be promoted. 
    I really don't care about Ipswich, I want us to get promoted. I get the fact that TS has come in & possibly saved the club from extinction & we should all be grateful for that. I also get that it's his money that some of us are trying to spend but really we need to get out of this division asap & I don't see it happening this season taking the approach that we have. We should be ( & maybe were) challenging for the best players in this division not hunting around for bargains or relying on youngsters who aren't ready for league 1 football. Again I appreciate that it's his money but getting to the championship is imperative & we can take stock when we get there & build steadily. All we seem to be  doing at the moment is treading water & we'll probably be having the same conversation next close season.
    Hear Hear  !!
  • We’re an established league one club and we’re having established league one problems. Heart has been ripped out of Charlton systematically for best part of a decade. Even the most enthusiastic and richest of owners couldn’t fix that overnight. Miraculously and thankfully our wonderful academy has remained able to produce talent. Mr. Sandgaard has ambitions but a lot of groundwork needs doing before we are again a well run club. I think he’s getting there but it’s not cheap and he’s not fantastically wealthy by football standards. We all want instant success and gratification but realistically it’s going to take a few years. No doubt we’ll be competitive but no more than probably eight or nine other clubs. Playoffs have to be our target and anything else an unbelievable bonus. I think we’ll be back in the Championship but we might not get there quite as quickly as we all hope and want. At this point CAFC are building for the future. We need to recognise that. Our time will come again I have no doubt.
    Totally agree. Sandgaard isn't throwing money about and I've seen a few idiots on twitter comparing him to RD . The obvious difference is that the former is showing he cares and putting a lot of time, effort and money into sorting the club out off the pitch. 

I hope most fans see what you see and appreciate this will take time. Always going to be a few who don't, and one criticism is that Sandgaard and to a lesser extent Adkins have increased expectation with their comments. In hindsight, this could definitely have been handled better, I'm sure the boss will learn from it. 
     Now the season ticket is nearly at its limit of attraction to buyers what is to be learned by the boss or owner ?  Those who took the bait of smashing the league with images of celebrations are already ensnared and have paid up. 

I would have bought one anyway. 

Do you refer to anyone  with whom you disagrees as an idiot ? It seems so because you called people  who compare TS to RD as such. 

From one point of view this is possible.  From another they could have a point. It doesn’t mean that they are all pro RD though. Just that they disagree with you.
    To be honest, if people compare TS to RD, they deserve to be called idiots.

if someone is called an idiot purely for having a differing opinion, then valid point, that’s wrong. 

I take it that the poster is guilty of the first example and not the second. 
     Why do you say that ? He said he had seen a few idiots on twitter for comparing TS with RD. That was all. 

My point is people are not necessarily idiots for doing such just because he disagrees.  We can’t just declare everyone who disagrees with us an idiot without fully knowing the view point. 

I don't do face book or twitter or alike so can't check.  I am not a fan of either.
    This is like saying you can’t call a flat earther an idiot just for having a different opinion. 
  • There really is plenty of time left though, especially for the Prem loans which will hopefully improve us massively. 

Cullen signed for us on the 30th of August during our league 1 season
    Bielik was on the 16th of August

I'm expecting similar. 
    A lot of the Prem sides will probably only just be deciding who they are making available for loan. That will probably start to move next week. 
  • Addickted said:
    Nixon's latest tweet answers a lot of questions as to why things won't be moving very fast until next week.

I don't get that logic. Even if you're still being paid for July, surely you could be training with your new club already, or sign for a club, salary starting from the 1st August

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Accrington_Stanley_F.C._season#Transfers_in

Accrington have signed 10 players this month, so it hasn't stopped them signing players
    Would you want Charlton to sign any of them 10 players ??
    that’s the diff the level of player you are chasing anyone can go and get in 10 free agents 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    We’re an established league one club and we’re having established league one problems. Heart has been ripped out of Charlton systematically for best part of a decade. Even the most enthusiastic and richest of owners couldn’t fix that overnight. Miraculously and thankfully our wonderful academy has remained able to produce talent. Mr. Sandgaard has ambitions but a lot of groundwork needs doing before we are again a well run club. I think he’s getting there but it’s not cheap and he’s not fantastically wealthy by football standards. We all want instant success and gratification but realistically it’s going to take a few years. No doubt we’ll be competitive but no more than probably eight or nine other clubs. Playoffs have to be our target and anything else an unbelievable bonus. I think we’ll be back in the Championship but we might not get there quite as quickly as we all hope and want. At this point CAFC are building for the future. We need to recognise that. Our time will come again I have no doubt.
    Totally agree. Sandgaard isn't throwing money about and I've seen a few idiots on twitter comparing him to RD . The obvious difference is that the former is showing he cares and putting a lot of time, effort and money into sorting the club out off the pitch. 

I hope most fans see what you see and appreciate this will take time. Always going to be a few who don't, and one criticism is that Sandgaard and to a lesser extent Adkins have increased expectation with their comments. In hindsight, this could definitely have been handled better, I'm sure the boss will learn from it. 
     Now the season ticket is nearly at its limit of attraction to buyers what is to be learned by the boss or owner ?  Those who took the bait of smashing the league with images of celebrations are already ensnared and have paid up. 

Do you refer to anyone  with whom you disagrees as an idiot ? It seems so because you called people  who compare TS to RD as such. 

From one point of view this is possible.  From another they could have a point. It doesn’t mean that they are all pro RD though. Just that they disagree with you.

if someone is called an idiot purely for having a differing opinion, then valid point, that’s wrong. 

Why do you say that ? He said he had seen a few idiots on twitter for comparing TS with RD. That was all. 

My point is people are not necessarily idiots for doing such just because he disagrees.  We can’t just declare everyone who disagrees with us an idiot without fully knowing the view point. 

I don't do face book or twitter or alike so can't check.  I am not a fan of either.
    This is like saying you can’t call a flat earther an idiot just for having a different opinion. 

Yeah, I mean everyone knows the earth is flat, it certainly is outside my front door anyway!!.. B)
  • We’re an established league one club and we’re having established league one problems. Heart has been ripped out of Charlton systematically for best part of a decade. Even the most enthusiastic and richest of owners couldn’t fix that overnight. Miraculously and thankfully our wonderful academy has remained able to produce talent. Mr. Sandgaard has ambitions but a lot of groundwork needs doing before we are again a well run club. I think he’s getting there but it’s not cheap and he’s not fantastically wealthy by football standards. We all want instant success and gratification but realistically it’s going to take a few years. No doubt we’ll be competitive but no more than probably eight or nine other clubs. Playoffs have to be our target and anything else an unbelievable bonus. I think we’ll be back in the Championship but we might not get there quite as quickly as we all hope and want. At this point CAFC are building for the future. We need to recognise that. Our time will come again I have no doubt.

or Piers Corbyn or his ex-nurse mate, whose name I have no interest in learning
  • edited July 2021
    And meanwhile if true we sit around doing didly squat really.  I don't  buy thus 3 weeks left after the start of the season really. It is leaving things late. Incoming won't know the club, the training staff won't know the players etc. 
    There are 10 days left to ko with registered of players available before the 7th. 10 days.  

Those who keep saying g there is plenty of time are seeing it drift away with each post.  Clubs like Wycombe in talks with sound players like Sam Volkes. 

That says much about our recruitment. 
    So you know nothing about what Gallen and the team are doing but feel entitled to accuse them of doing diddly squat.  You know nothing about Vokes, apart from being "sound" and whether the club wanted him, but feel justified to say this is proof of a poor recruitment strategy.  

I don't believe you are as stupid as your comments indicate, you've got  nothing new to say and can only assume you must need the attention.

I do. A stupid troll is still a troll.
  • I am fast running out of popcorn.....

• is it me or isn't the match thread for tonight's game normally up by now ? any team news ? 
  • Ipswich have signed Edmundson
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is it me or isn't the match thread for tonight's game normally up by now ? any team news
    Yes, there will be two of them
    Dazzler - one for the list here please 
  • Scoham said:
    Two medicals tomorrow, one being Madger Gomes?
    Would Gomes not have had a medical prior to trial?
  • Sponsored links:

• Former West Brom winger Kyle Edwards is on trial at Bournemouth trial and will feature in their pre-season clash against Chelsea tonight. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Maybe a cup and cough not a full medical. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Didn't Rohan Ince once play for us on trial whilst carrying an injury? 
    and Lincoln have signed Adelakun.

So, if we aren't going for the players that have signed for Accrington (as @RonnieMoore has indicated are deemed not good enough) but then we aren't signing the likes of Adelakun, Fraser, Edmundson etc etc..............then who should we be signing  ?

Or p'raps thats the problem. We are caught between 2 stools............or relying on the U23's. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is it me or isn't the match thread for tonight's game normally up by now ? any team news
    Yes, there will be two of them
    Dazzler - one for the list here please 
    Sounds like a possible fact to me rather than a rumour, of course I could be wrong...
    four year deal, was sort of hoping we'd be signing young hungry players who we'd think could step up and be handing out similar length deals. Squad churn every summer needs to stop.
    and Lincoln have signed Adelakun.

So, if we aren't going for the players that have signed for Accrington (as @RonnieMoore has indicated are deemed not good enough) but then we aren't signing the likes of Adelakun, Fraser, Edmundson etc etc..............then who should we be signing  ?

Or p'raps thats the problem. We are caught between 2 stools............or relying on the U23's. 
    There are plenty of players out there, no chance this is it and we’re just going with the u23s. Gallen‘s even confirmed that.
  • To be fair that in Scotland is regarded as World Class
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!