Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Addickted said:
    Nixon's latest tweet answers a lot of questions as to why things won't be moving very fast until next week.

I don't get that logic. Even if you're still being paid for July, surely you could be training with your new club already, or sign for a club, salary starting from the 1st August

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Accrington_Stanley_F.C._season#Transfers_in

Accrington have signed 10 players this month, so it hasn't stopped them signing players
    Would you want Charlton to sign any of them 10 players ??
    that’s the diff the level of player you are chasing anyone can go and get in 10 free agents 
    I don't know if they're good or not

All I'm pointing out is that Accrington have signed 10 permanents (and 2 loans), so it's not as if there's been no business anywhere. And Accrington only finished 7 points behind us last season, so it's not as if they're a pub team

• Very interesting that over half of the Championship have signed 3 or less players so far this summer. 
  • I’m really intrigued to see what young players we spend money on. You can assume that we’ll be spending a reasonable amount of money on at least one starlet player that will get bums off seats, similar to the DJ signing in January. 

I still think we’re missing a talisman up top. 
  • So the cycle of moaning Ipswich signed someone and we missed out on someone else we weren't in for who signed for someone else starts before 2pm today.

Is it me or does it get earlier every day. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is it me or isn't the match thread for tonight's game normally up by now ? any team news
    Yes, there will be two of them
    Dazzler - one for the list here please 
    Sounds like a possible fact to me rather than a rumour, of course I could be wrong...
    Dunno... Have you seen who we're playing, would consider them clowns rather than a team

Fully expecting to see another red mark on SchinDazzler's List
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So the cycle of moaning Ipswich signed someone and we missed out on someone else we weren't in for who signed for someone else starts before 2pm today.

We were linked with him so maybe we were in for him. I think one article suggested we wanted him on loan.
  • interested to know who the complainers would have dropped for Edmundson, or would you have been happy spending a million on a back up? 
  • To be fair I'd never heard of George Edmundson before this thread
    He came from Oldham i believe we may have been interested then .. but he went to Rangers he really never  done it there and now back at Ipswich in league one .. decent signing any better then Famewo would say no .. so let’s not talk about him like a world class centre half just because he joined Ipswich 
  • Rothko said:
    interested to know who the complainers would have dropped for Edmundson, or would you have been happy spending a million on a back up? 
    Who says he's a backup?

You will not get a full season out of either Innis or Famewo, whoever comes in will be playing a lot. 
  • some teams might be getting their business done before they release there players ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So the cycle of moaning Ipswich signed someone and we missed out on someone else we weren't in for who signed for someone else starts before 2pm today.

We were linked with him so maybe we were in for him. I think one article suggested we wanted him on loan.
    I was talking about the two who have gone to Lincoln. 
  • I’m really intrigued to see what young players we spend money on. You can assume that we’ll be spending a reasonable amount of money on at least one starlet player that will get bums off seats, similar to the DJ signing in January. 

I still think we’re missing a talisman up top. 
    This is exactly what I expect another player for a fee in the ilk of DJ, possibly even someone to play on the opposite flank.

Striker is an interesting one , I'm feeling like we've got a lot riding on Stockley staying fit all season, I don't mind Washington as another option but not sure if he could play up top on his own. Still feel like we could do with replacing Aneke . 
  • Sunderland have apparently had four bids rejected for Josh Key. Exeter continuing to hold out.
  • We're going to be a team full of Joshes.
  • Havent kept up with this thread but my old man see a range rover with the number plate simsy on going towards the training ground 👀 Josh sims?
    There we go... Proper rumour!! - Deserve extra marks for the "eyes" emoji
    Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.. Here comes the sun do-do-do-do, a rumour at last B)
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Rothko said:
    interested to know who the complainers would have dropped for Edmundson, or would you have been happy spending a million on a back up? 
    Who says he's a backup?

You will not get a full season out of either Innis or Famewo, whoever comes in will be playing a lot. 
    So he's coming as third choice then, you agree, a lot of money for that position 
  • We're going to be a team full of Joshes.
    I think he's just joshing...
  • Rothko said:
    I'm not saying I'd want him....or any CH for that matter. What I would like to see is some sign of intent & to at least replace our top goalscorer with a proven striker as well as a wide man to replace Millar. If we go into the start of the season with those spaces still vacant then we will be struggling from the start. And I don't mean recruiting a 19 year old loanee from WBA or Arsenal who hasn't played much league football. 
  • Watneys Red Barrel. My God, that brings back memories as a 14 year old. That and a Watneys Party Seven.

• Very interesting that over half of the Championship have signed 3 or less players so far this summer. 
    I suspect there are fewer decent free transfers about at that level and all clubs need to sell before they can buy. The upside is that it might make for a more interesting Championship season. 

At our level free transfers still constitute 69% of transfers so far, loans are just 12%. 

Incomings
    13 - Morecambe
    11 - Burton
    8 - Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham, Ipswich, Wigan
    7 - Cambridge, Doncaster, MK, Plymouth, Portsmouth
    6 - Fleetwood
    5 - Wimbledon, Charlton, Lincoln, Shrewsbury
    4 - Crewe, Oxford, Sheff Wed, Sunderland
    3 - Wycombe
    2 - Cheltenham, Rotherham
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!