Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Addickted said:
    Nixon's latest tweet answers a lot of questions as to why things won't be moving very fast until next week.

I don't get that logic. Even if you're still being paid for July, surely you could be training with your new club already, or sign for a club, salary starting from the 1st August

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Accrington_Stanley_F.C._season#Transfers_in

Accrington have signed 10 players this month, so it hasn't stopped them signing players
    Depends on the details - do they players get the July payment if they have signed with a new club? If it’s only going to players left unsigned, and you know you’re going to have to take a big pay cut on your next deal, maybe you’d wait to sign until after the last payment was made. 

• Very interesting that over half of the Championship have signed 3 or less players so far this summer. 
    I suspect there are fewer decent free transfers about at that level and all clubs need to sell before they can buy. The upside is that it might make for a more interesting Championship season. 

At our level free transfers still constitute 69% of transfers so far, loans are just 12%. 

Incomings
    13 - Morecambe
    11 - Burton
    8 - Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham, Ipswich, Wigan
    7 - Cambridge, Doncaster, MK, Plymouth, Portsmouth
    6 - Fleetwood
    5 - Wimbledon, Charlton, Lincoln, Shrewsbury
    4 - Crewe, Oxford, Sheff Wed, Sunderland
    3 - Wycombe
    2 - Cheltenham, Rotherham
    If promotion based on the number of players you buy no matter how good they are then Morecambe are in championship 
  • Rothko said:
    interested to know who the complainers would have dropped for Edmundson, or would you have been happy spending a million on a back up? 
    I'm not saying I'd want him....or any CH for that matter. What I would like to see is some sign of intent & to at least replace our top goalscorer with a proven striker as well as a wide man to replace Millar. If we go into the start of the season with those spaces still vacant then we will be struggling from the start. And I don't mean recruiting a 19 year old loanee from WBA or Arsenal who hasn't played much league football. 
    So you want someone to leak something to a journalist and a tweet to say we might be interested in someone, and you'll be happy?
  • Havent kept up with this thread but my old man see a range rover with the number plate simsy on going towards the training ground 👀 Josh sims?
    It this guy...

funny great gif  WiffleGif
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    interested to know who the complainers would have dropped for Edmundson, or would you have been happy spending a million on a back up? 
    I'm not saying I'd want him....or any CH for that matter. What I would like to see is some sign of intent & to at least replace our top goalscorer with a proven striker as well as a wide man to replace Millar. If we go into the start of the season with those spaces still vacant then we will be struggling from the start. And I don't mean recruiting a 19 year old loanee from WBA or Arsenal who hasn't played much league football. 
    So you want someone to leak something to a journalist and a tweet to say we might be interested in someone, and you'll be happy?
    No. I want us to sign some players that will make us better than last year.......because (if you can recall) we finished 7th. Currently we are worse than what we were when we finished the season. I couldn't give a bollox about where we were this time last year because (as I said a few days ago) last August we were owned by ESI, under a transfer embargo, and looking to be sold to a 2-bob chancer.....or his mate the Accountant. 

• Very interesting that over half of the Championship have signed 3 or less players so far this summer. 
    I suspect there are fewer decent free transfers about at that level and all clubs need to sell before they can buy. The upside is that it might make for a more interesting Championship season. 

At our level free transfers still constitute 69% of transfers so far, loans are just 12%. 

Incomings
    13 - Morecambe
    11 - Burton
    8 - Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham, Ipswich, Wigan
    7 - Cambridge, Doncaster, MK, Plymouth, Portsmouth
    6 - Fleetwood
    5 - Wimbledon, Charlton, Lincoln, Shrewsbury
    4 - Crewe, Oxford, Sheff Wed, Sunderland
    3 - Wycombe
    2 - Cheltenham, Rotherham
    If promotion based on the number of players you buy no matter how good they are then Morecambe are in championship 
    Luckily it’s based on points then 😉
  • Double signing for Sheff Wed.

Bailey Peacock-Farrell (GK)
    Lewis Wing (loan) (CM)
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    No. I want us to sign some players that will make us better than last year.......because (if you can recall) we finished 7th. Currently we are worse than what we were when we finished the season. 
    But that was a season where the manager had clearly got bored and couldn't be bothered anymore. A few results didn't go his way and he got the hump that forwards couldn't play in defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• You obviously have not listened to SG last interview….. more bodies coming!! 
  • Southbank said:
    Unless something truly dramatic happens in the rest of this week we will be starting the season with a really undercooked squad. In a very small first team squad of 17, there are 4 players who have not a real pre-season, Inniss, Gilbey, Watson, Schwartz, a long term injured JFC plus Famewo who does not look up to speed. In August we play 5 games against promotion challengers. We will be doing really well not to be in the bottom half of the table by September.

Maybe that is cooked into the plan and we expect to pick up some real quality and numbers through August, but it does not show a great deal of enterprise (or maybe money) on the management/ownership side just yet.
    You bedwetter ;)
  • Well we don’t know of course what the results will be but every point won will be vital. A sluggish start means we have to pick up points later to compensate. Not ideal that’s for sure.
  • Southbank said:
    Unless something truly dramatic happens in the rest of this week we will be starting the season with a really undercooked squad. In a very small first team squad of 17, there are 4 players who have not a real pre-season, Inniss, Gilbey, Watson, Schwartz, a long term injured JFC plus Famewo who does not look up to speed. In August we play 5 games against promotion challengers. We will be doing really well not to be in the bottom half of the table by September.

Maybe that is cooked into the plan and we expect to pick up some real quality and numbers through August, but it does not show a great deal of enterprise (or maybe money) on the management/ownership side just yet.
    Agree we need more signings and the sooner the better, but I expect all the clubs we’ll be playing in August will be looking to sign more players by the end of the window too.

It’s a 46 game season, maybe 49, plus the cups, so it’s important we get the right players in even if it means waiting until the end of the window and getting a few bad results in August.
  • RoytheBoy said:
    You obviously have not listened to SG last interview….. more bodies coming!! 
    “The most important thing is we need to strengthen the squad no doubt. We need to improve it with a few numbers, but we need to improve it with quality and we want to improve it with athleticism"
    Is what he said. Quite right. My point is that we will struggle to have a good start unless this happens very quickly.
  • RoytheBoy said:
    Is t it funny that the post moaning about lack of activity and how short on numbers we are, currently has 5 times the likes of the reasoned post quoting the owner stating there will be more incomings.
  • RoytheBoy said:
    Is t it funny that the post moaning about lack of activity and how short on numbers we are, currently has 5 times the likes of the reasoned post quoting the owner stating there will be more incomings.
    I have no doubt that there will be more incomings. My point is that very soon they will probably be too late to help us get a fast start. I do really want to be wrong about this, by the way, but you know, tick tock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wondering whether we’ll also sign a goalkeeper. AMB is away and Adkins also spoke previously about him going on loan this season. If we could get a winger and left back this week and a goalkeeper next week, I’d be happy for us to take the rest deep into the window to get the best deals. 
  • edited July 2021

Cafc43v3r said:

The thing is is its not financially viable to not spend money either.

If we don't add, other than loans, to what we currently have we won't go up.  If we don't spend any more money now, next summer we will be in exactly the same position just with another 7 or 8 million quid sized hole in Thomas's pocket.   10ish out of contract players, almost all the others entering their final year.  No sellable assets.

I am still fully confident that we will bring in some quality.  For no other reason than it makes absolutely no sense not to.  If you were anywhere near break even you could argue that it makes sense to build over 3 or 4 transfer windows and bring on some kids. 

We aren't and the longer we are in league 1 the harder it will be to keep our kids, attract the better ones, attract commercial income and if we are being honest keep the good will of the fans. 
    100% This

Spending on some quality would be INVESTING in the future imo,  as its imperative we stop Championship clubs picking up our Academy youngsters on the cheap; its not ' throwing cash around '.

As above I expect we will be investing in some quality.

• RoytheBoy said:
    Did he say if they were dead ones?
  • Might be 3-4-1-2 looking at the line up with Gunter the third CB and Matthews RM. DJ LM.
  • Southbank said:
    RoytheBoy said:
    I have no doubt that there will be more incomings. My point is that very soon they will probably be too late to help us get a fast start. I do really want to be wrong about this, by the way, but you know, tick tock.
    5 tough games in August, Wednesday, Oxford, MKD, Wigan, Crewe...
  • Southbank said:
    RoytheBoy said:
    And there saying the same about playing us Wed only because it’s live in sky ..the rest unbeaten 
  • Southbank said:
    RoytheBoy said:
    And there saying the same about playing us Wed only because it’s live in sky ..the rest unbeaten 
    My Franchise mate was talking to mates that support The Massives, Oxford, Wigan and Crewe they all said the only victory they were confident was against us.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Ipswich just announced Conor Chaplin while we're busy announcing stupid f**king songs 🙂🙂🙂
    I don’t think the songs stupid :(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!