Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    So what you’re all saying is if it wasn’t for Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham, MKD, Lincoln and Oxford we’d be nailed on for a top 6 finish. 
    Should be an exciting season!

Personally worried about Accrington...
  • Jonniesta said:
    JamesSeed said:
    So what you’re all saying is if it wasn’t for Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham, MKD, Lincoln and Oxford we’d be nailed on for a top 6 finish. 
    Should be an exciting season!

Personally worried about Accrington...
    OMG. 
  • edited July 2021
    @Covered_End_Lad 90 minutes and counting....just saying 😜!!
    C'mon C.E.L, the next hour IS crucial.. :)

To be fair he sounded pretty confident yesterday, even put his 60 likes up for grabs, so we still have a couple of straws to hang onto B)
    Tbh my arse is flapping like Ben Amos at a 40 yarder.
    Do you think your source was wrong this time or just a delay to the announcement and it is actually done
    Considering how close he is to the action it’s not really possible for him to be completely wrong, he may have jumped the gun a bit potentially.
    Ok mate appreciate that hopefully then its extremely close and not another one thats fallen through at the last min
    It's just waiting for TS and the insurance company to confirm they're happy for the red arrows to parachute our new signing into the valley during this weeks open training session.
  • edited July 2021
    I’d take with a pinch of salt as this guy was saying we were close to signing Mullin the other week. 
  • If you were to ask any Stoke fan about Vokes you wouldn’t be worried at all about “missing out” on him. Known as “The Wardrobe” because of his lack of mobility!

• Not sold Vokes is a great signing for Wycombe, doesn’t seem to be the typical signing they’d make. Player past his prime, poor injury record and on the way down
  • Vokes is as mobile as Akinfenwa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cue the bed wetting over a team signing a player we’re not even interested in 🤣 
  • I have no doubt the youth team will come through, having seen this documentary.

https://youtu.be/__G4RrlGmVk
  • OUTS (that played more than 10 times and should be replaced):

Amos -> MacGillivray
    Aneke
    Oshilaja
    Pratley -> Dobson
    Shinnie -> Clare
    Maatsen
    Millar

TEAM NEEDS: RCB, LB, LW/RW, CF

Ideally two wingers as we expect Adkins to focus heavily on playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 this season. That means five ins with a handful of loan spots to fill.

Anything else on top is gravy.

When you list it out this like this, it really shows just how short we still are squad wise. I'm sure we'll add more quality before the end of the window, but I'm not so confident we'll get everyone we need.
  • League One Transfer Update for the week: 19th - 25th July
    https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/07/26/league-one-transfer-round-up-19th-25th-july/

Latest net squad figures are below: most teams in the division still have a lot to do, presumably the shortfall will be plugged by loans. 
    A great summary that. You can effectively add 3 to 5 players on to every squad to cover loan signings, most of which will be later in the window.

The numbers will always looks worse than they are, as many of the released players will be "deadwood" and some of the lost players will be covered by academy players, but it's interesting that most of the promotion favourites are to the right of the table.
  • Croydon said:
    OUTS (that played more than 10 times and should be replaced):

Amos -> MacGillivray
    Aneke
    Oshilaja
    Pratley -> Dobson
    Shinnie -> Clare
    Maatsen
    Millar

TEAM NEEDS: RCB, LB, LW/RW, CF

Ideally two wingers as we expect Adkins to focus heavily on playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 this season. That means five ins with a handful of loan spots to fill.

Anything else on top is gravy.

When you list it out this like this, it really shows just how short we still are squad wise. I'm sure we'll add more quality before the end of the window, but I'm not so confident we'll get everyone we need.
    My main concern is that we really only have 2 strikers, with Schwartz untested and Davison raw & tbh didn't do much for Forest Green last season. Then we only have 1 wide man, with seemingly looking to use Claydon as the other.

For a team looking for promotion, hopefully not via the play offs, that doesn't seem that promising. 

Imo we need at least another striker (2 if Davison or Schwartz arent going to cut the mustard)......and the striker being something we don't currently have - a nippy, run off the shoulder of the last defender type. And preferably not an unproven loanee just trying to gain experience. 
  • Hakeeb Adelakun signs for Lincoln.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    For loans I wouldn’t mind a real punt like Charlie Patino or Miguel Azeez from Arsenal.  Both hugely exciting youngsters and we could see if we can get them some game time.

Patino particularly - I know someone that knows him well who reckons he’s one of the most talented players he’s ever seen at 17
  • Chelsea and Arsenal seem to have good relations with Charlton, hopefully we'll get some more talented youngsters join us.
  • edited July 2021
    Davis was a strange one. Brummie fans said he'd been their best player but he was rubbish, and now he's playing for Shrewsbury.
  • See C.E L has gone missing in action, you don't think he is on the hotline to Nige at this very minute do you saying.. "wtf has gone wrong with that hot tip you gave me"...my likes are on the line here.
    Never mind mate, we all still hang on your every word :/
    “Likes are brilliant.”
  • You missed the last bit
  • What are general thoughts on the triallist gomes we had the other day? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!