Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Vincenzo said:
    Yeah and the source article says

"The Tigers’ opening day opponents Preston, are one of the clubs monitoring Slater’s situation with the Blades, while ex-City boss Nigel Adkins remains keen on taking him to Charlton, though those two moves are unlikely."

So I am not sure there is much in there that suggests it's going to happen.

Although Hull are under an embargo and already have 25 "adult" players so I can't see how they can sign him
  • Mentioned him few pages back .. 
  • Sunderland have supposedly bid 1 mill for Josh Key.
  • Seems a lot of money for a RB
  • edited July 2021
    https://the72.co.uk/242126/sheffield-united-to-talk-to-regan-slater-about-his-immediate-future-over-the-coming-days/

Regan Slater move to Hull has stalled due to their embargo. Apparently also linked to Preston and Charlton.

He played 27 games for Hull last season in central midfield.
    First linked on July 14th, page 351. Just a rehash of an old rumour.
  • Often a team promoted from division 4 (I'm sticking to real names and not using woke "league 2") maintains their momentum and does well.

Luton and Lincoln are two recent examples. So Bolton, Cambridge, Cheltenham or Morecambe to be dark horses.
  • Reading not signing K Edwards, now linked to Bournemouth
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    One of my AFC Wimbledon mates is quietly confident they'll be competing at the top end this season.
    At this rate I'm starting to fear we'll be bottom half  ;)
  • Often a team promoted from division 4 (I'm sticking to real names and not using woke "league 2") maintains their momentum and does well.

Luton and Lincoln are two recent examples. So Bolton, Cambridge, Cheltenham or Morecambe to be dark horses.
    Bolton especially. Bit of money behind them and are still below their 'level' as it were.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tong Gallagher is a "big club" left back looking for a loan.

Josh Key to Sunderland isn't a done deal.  Maybe we should send scouts to Tiverton next season.  I am sure he would have been on a list but I doubt he was one of our top targets. 
    was said a page or two ago that we had spoken to him.

Never heard of him but he's a right back it seems so likely we talked to him before Matthews signed again, if at all.
    He’s a winger. We do need more attacking players who can unlock defences.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/josh-key/
  • One of my AFC Wimbledon mates is quietly confident they'll be competing at the top end this season.
    At this rate I'm starting to fear we'll be bottom half  ;)
    So does one of mine. They had a good season last year and finished one above their token 5 from bottom. They have also lost their main goal threats.

they will be bottom 6 again but will stay up
  • Davo53 said:
    Trust me bowselecta Ipswich will be champions this season they will be the team “blowing league 1 out of water”.with teams like Wigan portsmouth Sunderland Sheffield Wednesday,I can’t for the life of me see us finishing in the top six we couldn’t do it last season and the squad this season is a lot weaker. Promotion % top six 20% 7th to 12th 80%
    Talk about stepping on some ones toes with that percentage malarkey!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't there meant to be a deal announced today? Sure someone itk said there was
    Kit today
    Signing tomorrow/Game tomorrow
    Kit Wednesday
    Kit Thursday
    Signing Friday

Thank me Saturday.
    A new release for Craig David!
  • Scoham said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tong Gallagher is a "big club" left back looking for a loan.

Josh Key to Sunderland isn't a done deal.  Maybe we should send scouts to Tiverton next season.  I am sure he would have been on a list but I doubt he was one of our top targets. 
    was said a page or two ago that we had spoken to him.

Never heard of him but he's a right back it seems so likely we talked to him before Matthews signed again, if at all.
    He’s a winger. We do need more attacking players who can unlock defences.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/josh-key/

He played the vast majority of last season at right back (31 starts out of 36) with CL darling Randall Williams playing at right wing.

Seems we're just in the market for players that are disgruntled being played at right back.
  • edited July 2021
    @Covered_End_Lad 90 minutes and counting....just saying 😜!!
    C'mon C.E.L, the next hour IS crucial.. :)

To be fair he sounded pretty confident yesterday, even put his 60 likes up for grabs, so we still have a couple of straws to hang onto B)
  • @Covered_End_Lad 90 minutes and counting....just saying 😜!!
    C'mon C.E.L, the next hour IS crucial.. :)

To be fair he sounded pretty confident yesterday, even put his 60 likes up for grabs, so we still have a couple of straws to hang onto B)
    Tbh my arse is flapping like Ben Amos at a 40 yarder.
    Noooooooo!!...where's the confidence gone :o
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!