Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Curtis and Marquis aside I don't see much to get that fearful about with the Pompey squad. That's assuming they even stay. 
  • Davo53 said:
    Trust me bowselecta Ipswich will be champions this season they will be the team “blowing league 1 out of water”.with teams like Wigan portsmouth Sunderland Sheffield Wednesday,I can’t for the life of me see us finishing in the top six we couldn’t do it last season and the squad this season is a lot weaker. Promotion % top six 20% 7th to 12th 80%
    Apart from Wigan and Ipswich what makes you so confident about the others?

Portsmouth have a ton of trialists at the moment and have lost a good portion of their squad from last year; Sunderland still havent replaced someone who scored 30-goals last term - Sheffield Wednesday are in utter disarray.
    Totally agree and I think Wigan are being massively exaggerated. They've made some eye catching signings but I also think a few of them are risks. Wyke had a great season but what about the two before that? Power and Cousins were scoffed at by many on here. I think they've only got about 5 defenders, one of them being Whatmough who suffers with regular injuries and two of whom are 20 or under. At the moment, I prefer our squad (appreciate both squads will strengthen). 
  • Davo53 said:
    Trust me bowselecta Ipswich will be champions this season they will be the team “blowing league 1 out of water”.with teams like Wigan portsmouth Sunderland Sheffield Wednesday,I can’t for the life of me see us finishing in the top six we couldn’t do it last season and the squad this season is a lot weaker. Promotion % top six 20% 7th to 12th 80%

Portsmouth have a ton of trialists at the moment and have lost a good portion of their squad from last year; Sunderland still havent replaced someone who scored 30-goals last term - Sheffield Wednesday are in utter disarray.
    Totally agree and I think Wigan are being massively exaggerated. They've made some eye catching signings but I also think a few of them are risks. Wyke had a great season but what about the two before that? Power and Cousins were scoffed at by many on here. I think they've only got about 5 defenders, one of them being Whatmough who suffers with regular injuries and two of whom are 20 or under. At the moment, I prefer our squad (appreciate both squads will strengthen). 
    Wigan did some very good business, very quickly, then seemed to stall a bit.  They were ahead of us but we have caught up and probably over taken them.  The expectation was they would carry on.  They didn't.  They might go again though. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Davo53 said:

Wigan did some very good business, very quickly, then seemed to stall a bit.  They were ahead of us but we have caught up and probably over taken them.  The expectation was they would carry on.  They didn't.  They might go again though. 
    Agreed, they'll need another 4/5. I can't see how our squad overtakes Ipswich (on paper), but I don't think we are behind anyone else really. It's all going to be about the final few squad places, with the loan market playing a huge part. 
  • Davo53 said:
    I didn’t say I was confident about shef weds Sunderland Portsmouth and Wigan but that’s my prediction of whose going to be in and around the top six.The one thing I am confident about is lpswich winning the league.I hoped l would be saying this about charlton ,but with 12 days to go and and a weaker squad,even the most loyal charlton fan even with rose coloured spectacles with this squad top six is out of the question,unless charlton spend money on2to3 class signings 

Don't forget Wycombe and Rotherham. Not worried about Portsmouth, they'll be weaker than last year. Similarly not overly worried about Wigan yet. Or Sunderland.
  • To be honest I'm more worried by Wycombe then anyone else mentioned to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• I think MKD are going to be the season's big surprise.
    Very good shout if they can keep Russell Martin all season. If they start well he'll be linked to championship jobs. Twine and Eisa are good signings
    Still can’t believe they got Scott Twine
  • Davo53 said:
    I didn’t say I was confident about shef weds Sunderland Portsmouth and Wigan but that’s my prediction of whose going to be in and around the top six.The one thing I am confident about is lpswich winning the league.I hoped l would be saying this about charlton ,but with 12 days to go and and a weaker squad,even the most loyal charlton fan even with rose coloured spectacles with this squad top six is out of the question,unless charlton spend money on2to3 class signings 
    Time to change the bed Davo! 
  • edited July 2021
    Charlton keen on a loan deal for Arsenal striker Tyreece John-Jules who spent last season at Doncaster and scored against us at the Valley last season. 
    P25, GS 6, A3 not bad for his age at this level
  • Davo53 said:
    I don't regard myself to be particularly optimistic, not when it comes to Charlton anyway. I agree to an extent, I don't look at our squad and feel it screams top 6 potential. But then I look at Sunderland, Wigan, Pompey and Sheff Wed and I have exactly the same thoughts. You also say Ipswich will win the league and we need to spend money on 2/3 class signings but how much have Ipswich spent? I'd hazard a guess it's no more than 200/300k more than us. There are still plenty of quality free agents out there IMO. 
  • John-Jules would be a good move , think Bowyer alluded to him being a target we missed out on due to the embargo last summer 
  • Rothko said:
    To be honest I'm more worried by Wycombe then anyone else mentioned to be honest
    Certainly don't disagree, they've kept most of their Championship squad. They were however fairly fortunate to get promoted the first time round so I do feel a strong end to the window for us and we can finish comfortably above them. 
  • A lot of teams got mentioned on that previous page, so I’ll look forward to finishing 16th this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo53 said:
    Mainly because we are playing them on the last game of the season. What is it now - 5 or 6 teams over the past 8 years ?  
  • edited July 2021
    Tony Gallagher is a "big club" left back looking for a loan.

Josh Key to Sunderland isn't a done deal.  Maybe we should send scouts to Tiverton next season.  I am sure he would have been on a list but I doubt he was one of our top targets. 
  • Charlton keen on a loan deal for Arsenal striker Tyreece John-Jules who spent last season at Doncaster and scored against us at the Valley last season. 
    Source? It’s not from one of those Twitter accounts that make up rumours is it?
  • Davo53 said:
    Where's @Davo55 when you need him?

Here, 'ave a word with your Bruv, will you?
    By comparison, he's even's making Golfie sound happy. :smiley:

• edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tong Gallagher is a "big club" left back looking for a loan.

Josh Key to Sunderland isn't a done deal.  Maybe we should send scouts to Tiverton next season.  I am sure he would have been on a list but I doubt he was one of our top targets. 
    was said a page or two ago that we had spoken to him.
    Hmmm. You may be right, Large. 

Every season, there's always a dark horse.

• Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah and the source was a Sunderland forum............ 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Never heard of him but he's a right back it seems so likely we talked to him before Matthews signed again, if at all.
  • Vincenzo said:
    You'd think that it's unlikely if Hull are in for him too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!