Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Ipswich have a nice set of fixtures at the start of the season playing Morecombe, Cheltenham & Wimbledon in Aug.

Our starting fixtures look comparatively tougher against Sheff Weds, Wigan & Oxford etc

...even more reason why we could do with not waiting till deadline day to fill most of our remaining squad gaps (but I get that the game of transfer poker makes that hard for Gallen to achieve without overpaying).

Although it's hard to judge alot from friendlies, Ipswich lost to palace 1-0 on Sat. Be interesting to see how we get on against Palace on Tues as a bit of a benchmark.
  • Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Rangers forum is saying that Edmundson has left and signed a 3 year deal with an as yet unknown club 
    Doubt it's us , only giving out 2 year deals these days 
    Apart from Stockley, Schwartz and DJ you mean.
    Talking about the last couple signings 
    Those three are recent enough to show we’ll give some players longer deals.
    Actually, 2 was last season so shouldn't be counted this window 
  • CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Rangers forum is saying that Edmundson has left and signed a 3 year deal with an as yet unknown club 
    We may be happy to offer three year deals but some players/agents might prefer two.

• Sage said:
    Paul Cook is an excellent manager and would be surprised if Ipswich fail to get promoted this coming season. They’ve done some excellent business, albeit spending a lot of money. But Cook is proven and knows how to win a league and if it wasn’t for administration, would’ve kept Wigan up the other year.
    I don’t get all this blowing smoke up Paul Cook’s Neil Harris. Adkins has won this league and the league above more times than he has. Cook’s win % at Ipswich so far is 25%, Adkins at Charlton is 50%. We’ll be finishing above Ipswich again this season, despite the world class players they’ve signed from MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon!
    No he hasn't. 
  • CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Lmao 

"They don't fit my fictitious narrative so I'm discounting them"
  • Sage said:
    Paul Cook is an excellent manager and would be surprised if Ipswich fail to get promoted this coming season. They’ve done some excellent business, albeit spending a lot of money. But Cook is proven and knows how to win a league and if it wasn’t for administration, would’ve kept Wigan up the other year.
    I don’t get all this blowing smoke up Paul Cook’s Neil Harris. Adkins has won this league and the league above more times than he has. Cook’s win % at Ipswich so far is 25%, Adkins at Charlton is 50%. We’ll be finishing above Ipswich again this season, despite the world class players they’ve signed from MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon!
    No he hasn't. 
    Fair, shoulda said “been promoted” rather than won
  • Ipswich have a nice set of fixtures at the start of the season playing Morecombe, Cheltenham & Wimbledon in Aug.

Our starting fixtures look comparatively tougher against Sheff Weds, Wigan & Oxford etc

...even more reason why we could do with not waiting till deadline day to fill most of our remaining squad gaps (but I get that the game of transfer poker makes that hard for Gallen to achieve without overpaying).

Although it's hard to judge alot from friendlies, Ipswich lost to palace 1-0 on Sat. Be interesting to see how we get on against Palace on Tues as a bit of a benchmark.
    It’s hard to benchmark the palace game with Ipswich’s because this is palace’s cup final and they will be up for it 🤭
  • edited July 2021
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Obviously they came in last season, are you saying you believe we won’t hand out any more 3 year contracts from now on? For what reason?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there any update from the person who said there would be an announcement concerning new signing today sorry can’t remember his name ??.. 

• Uboat said:

Not intelligent enough to know the difference between an adverb and an adjective. 
    No need to be an arse mate.
  • Is there any update from the person who said there would be an announcement concerning new signing today sorry can’t remember his name ??.. 

Yes, he asked for an extension from the 5pm deadline because the Club seem to like making late announcements. No one wants to be on the red list!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Why is everything so absolute?

Saying Cook or Cowley are good managers doesn't mean you think we don't have a good manager.

Saying Ipswich have done good, early, business doesn't mean you think we haven't good business or won't do any more.
    Your'e absolutely right, people just like to draw comparisons, and some have glasses constantly half empty, that's the nature of the beast, but yes nothing is finite.
  • Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Obviously they came in last season, are you saying you believe we won’t hand out any more 3 year contracts from now on? For what reason?
    Didn't say that did I , just seems to be what's happening with the last 2 signings 
  • CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    Didn't say that did I , just seems to be what's happening with the last 2 signings 
    2 signings is not a big enough sample size to be making the statement "Doubt it's us, giving out 2 year deals these days"

I think 2 year deals are fine btw. This season, they're expected to get us promotion, next season we can assess whether or not to extend their deals/give new contracts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:
    2 signings is not a big enough sample size to be making the statement "Doubt it's us, giving out 2 year deals these days"

I think 2 year deals are fine btw. This season, they're expected to get us promotion, next season we can assess whether or not to extend their deals/give new contracts. 
    I also didn't say there was a problem with the 2 year signings 
  • CA1975FC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Scoham said:
    CA1975FC said:
    DA9 said:

I also didn't say there was a problem with the 2 year signings 
    I know, I was just commenting on that part as I know some posters are concerned that 2 year deals aren't long enough. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Why is everything so absolute?

Saying Cook or Cowley are good managers doesn't mean you think we don't have a good manager.

Saying Ipswich have done good, early, business doesn't mean you think we haven't good business or won't do any more.

• Back to the rumours do we have anyone ITK with any knowledge of a dramatic player/kit reveal meal deal combo?

It seems like it'd be right up Sandgaard's street. 
  • p.s Update on the deals we're waiting to go through/fail:

Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
    Mystic Meg Lad actually ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!