Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    RCB, LB, LW, RW, CAM, ST would be my shopping list, not necessarily in that order
    I am sure we will find plenty of out of contract L2 players in their 30s to fill these rolls. I trust TS.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Apologies for interrupting the sensitivities of CL posters but as we are 13 days away from the start of the 2021/22 season,  am I allowed to say ?

The next two weeks could be critical  :#

Edit
    Blackpool beat me to it, as I was watching the Olympics and forgot to send 24 hours ago  :o
    I’m afraid it gets less lol-able each time someone posts it 🙁

Other guys imitate us
    But the original’s still the greatest
    Thanks Dobie
  • DOUCHER said:
    might even be worth calling the the u23's something crazy like the reserves - young up and coming talent playing with players just going over the hill - what a groundbreaking idea 
    Ridiculous, that will never catch on.
  • Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Taylor Richards from Brighton is one I thought looked quality last season.
    Very similar to the way Aribo plays.

Haven’t seen him linked to anyone (or moved) but he’s be class in our midfield 
    Great call.
    6’ and out of contract next year. Maybe get a right to buy - although Brighton spent a lot buying him from Man City.
    I keep telling your guys, we wont he signing players for much money. Expect the next couple of signings to be frees & loans.
    Apart from the 800,000 we already spent ?
    Where did you get that figure from.....just plucked it out of the sky methinks as all our transfers that we have paid money for have been "undisclosed". 

I will concede we paid around £300k for Stockley but Oxford (according to Robinson) would be looking for the £100k they spent on Ckaee 2 years ago......and Dobson was released by Sunderland by mutual consent. 

Be lucky I'd we've spent £500k - and over half of that was on Stockley. 
    He’s probably counting the money spent on DJ and Schwartz in January.
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.
    6’ and out of contract next year. Maybe get a right to buy - although Brighton spent a lot buying him from Man City.
    I keep telling your guys, we wont he signing players for much money. Expect the next couple of signings to be frees & loans.
    Where did you get that figure from.....just plucked it out of the sky methinks as all our transfers that we have paid money for have been "undisclosed". 

I will concede we paid around £300k for Stockley but Oxford (according to Robinson) would be looking for the £100k they spent on Ckaee 2 years ago......and Dobson was released by Sunderland by mutual consent. 

And even 'free transfers' cost signing on fees. Loans generally have to be paid for also, one way or another.
    It will be factored into the playing staff budget.

Nothing for free these days or not often, anyway.

• edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.

No Golfie was right, he made it up, you give him far to much credit. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.

No Golfie was right, he made it up, you give him far to much credit. 
    Not sure he made it up but somebody did, and like most things on social media it gets passed on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Edmundson would be quite a coup for us. 23 years old, great height and experience. 

Fully expect him to sign for either Ipswich or Wigan.
    Why … if we want someone we will get him like  Clare 

This story came from Portsmouth everything they are interested in someone they add Charlton Sunderland and Ipswich to the story .. think it gives them an excuse to their fans when he don’t join them ..
    Wigan/Ipswich comment was tongue in cheek. 

The signing of Sean Clare isn’t a big enough statement of intent to warrant saying “if we want someone we will get him”. There are teams that can say that, we’re certainly not one of them. 

I agree, the Pompey journo has possibly chucked other clubs in there to make the rumour more interesting.
    This isn't knocking Clare who I thought looked decent yesterday, but I'd be really surprised if the likes of Sunderland and Ipswich were that bothered about signing Clare. They might have looked at him, but in the same way that they've looked at 100 other players this summer, 20 of which who play in the same position
  •  But I also recognise, and so does the manager Nigel [Adkins], that we will also need some senior pros around us to guide us. We have to find a bit of a balance really in the next whatever we’ve got left of the transfer window.

Gallen doesn’t have a clue what’s going on with this window confirmed. We’re all DOOMED.
  • Confirmation we’ll look to bring in some experienced players then and not only focus on youth and loans. Not surprised but some were convinced that was the plan.
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.

We paid 450,000 for Stockley and appox 300,000  for Clare.. plus a loan fee for Famewo add these to 550,000 combined fee paid for DJ and Ronnie 
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.

We paid 450,000 for Stockley and appox 300,000  for Clare.. plus a loan fee for Famewo add these to 550,000 combined fee paid for DJ and Ronnie 
    So you made it up then justified it through the reply to your original post.  How is the deal for Sol Bamber coming on? 
  • Why does Gallen watch Celtic regularly?  Business or pleasure? Both? 
  • "Somebody who’s only just became available really in the last 48 hours so we moved really quick, but we are well aware of the player."

Good to hear that we can make a deal very quickly when an opportunity pops up.
    Also really proves that Clare really wanted to come here.
  • cfgs said:
    "Somebody who’s only just became available really in the last 48 hours so we moved really quick, but we are well aware of the player."

Also really proves that Clare really wanted to come here.
    He's a Londoner who spent time in our academy. It's hardly surprising that it might have given us the edge over clubs elsewhere in the country, all things being equal(ish)
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely not ITK but reading though this thread where someone mentioned a Stoke player and Gallen hinting at experience could Sam Vokes be a possibility 
  • Definitely not ITK but reading though this thread where someone mentioned a Stoke player and Gallen hinting at experience could Sam Vokes be a possibility 
    Makes way too much sense for this thread.
  • Interesting that Gallen talking about players to get us in the top six, rather than get promoted.
    Not a chance mate....not a chance.
    Was linked to Shrewsbury but nothing came of it. I'd definitely take him as an experienced head and a different option to Stockley. 
  • WSS said:
    Interesting that Gallen talking about players to get us in the top six, rather than get promoted.
    I would imagine he means that as a minimum, trying not to be too bullish maybe. Don’t think it’s worth reading too much into….. I hope😬😜
    I’ve worked with sam a bit. Top bloke. 
  • "Somebody who’s only just became available really in the last 48 hours so we moved really quick, but we are well aware of the player."

Good point that. Hasn’t been like that for a good while.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!