Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    People need to chill. It’s a rumours forum not a fact forum. Yes, there will be a mix of attention seekers posting rubbish and some will have some genuine rumours even if one or two facts are skewed. One thing’s for sure, it’s not going to change so I just treat it as a bit of fun until anything’s confirmed.

Rumours of signings that eventually happen are pretty rare these days. Clare only ‘broke’ a few hours before it happened. I’ve only ever had one ITK story in the whole of the time this site has been in existence and then I chose to keep it to myself to protect the integrity of my ‘informant’ - I would imagine a lot of Lifers do the same.
    There are rumours & then there are posts that don't actually make sense. There is not a striker called Randall who plays for Plymouth. So either the name of the player is wrong or the name of the club is wrong. Might as well say that we are signing Joe Gomes, a defender from Everton. 
    Joe Gomes from Everton you say…this week, or ‘imminently’ ?

• Bryn Lennon/Getty Images Sport

PORTSMOUTH WILL NOT BE OFFERING JAY MINGI A CONTRACT AFTER CHARLTON 

• We missed out on Hayden Mullin. He went to Newport for $19k p/w.

Unfortunately Callum, not enough dollars in the Purse.
  • Anyone interested in bringing back Ron E. Williams?
  • NOT A RUMOUR.  I’d be well happy with Hakeeb Adelakun currently a free agent, thought he was lively for hull, we need more wide frontmen. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Bryn Lennon/Getty Images Sport

Going Wrexham 
    15k per week??, moneybags Wrexham B)
  • A couple of names thrown at me were Eric Pales and Colin Towell. Forward and pacey winger
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard it’s Andall Randall who has already signed. He’s a Spanish left back who used to play Swansea but he got a bit panicked around brexit and changed his name to try and avoid getting deported. 
  • We get these “player has already signed but the club are holding off announcing it’ theories every summer. Can anyone think of an example where that has actually happened?

When a player signs the club put it on the OS within a few hours at the most. We’ve never done anything different, as far as I can remember. If it ain’t on the OS, or at least Cawley hasn’t tweeted its done, then it ain’t done. 

WIOTOSOORCTF
  • RedRobin said:
    Wrexham Fans Forum 

Mullin on 14:37 - Jul 24 with 410 viewsTIB
    Not long seen a football content page on Instagram saying he’s on £9k at Wrexham

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?
    Yeah let’s move on from Mullin now, pretty irrelevant to this thread. 
    Yup let's go back to Sol Bamba and signing Middlesbrough players from Cardiff. 
  • edited July 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    Taylor Richards from Brighton is one I thought looked quality last season.
    Very similar to the way Aribo plays.

Haven’t seen him linked to anyone (or moved) but he’s be class in our midfield 
    Great call.
    6’ and out of contract next year. Maybe get a right to buy - although Brighton spent a lot buying him from Man City.

• Bryn Lennon/Getty Images Sport

Will they offer him one before us though?
  • edited July 2021
    Sorry to interrupt the bickering but........

if Ipswich want him they will pay him well over the going rate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.
    6’ and out of contract next year. Maybe get a right to buy - although Brighton spent a lot buying him from Man City.
    I keep telling your guys, we wont he signing players for much money. Expect the next couple of signings to be frees & loans.
  • cfgs said:

Ipswich will have a budget (albeit bigger than everyone else) what’s to say they’ve haven’t exceeded it.  
  • edited July 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.
    I keep telling your guys, we wont he signing players for much money. Expect the next couple of signings to be frees & loans.
    You do, but I'm not sure you're right. Only McGillivray was out of contract. We paid for the others, except possibly Famewo but there's an agreement in place for him.

We haven't spent huge amounts maybe but we have spent money to get players we want to get.
  • edited July 2021
    cfgs said:

Maybe Rangers will offer him to us free, by way of a balance payment for Joe Aribo B)
  • Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.
    Taylor Richards is only 20, would more likely be a loan than a permanent.
  • So is it this George Edmundson that's been locked in the laundry cupboard with the new kit ready for tomorrow?
  • edited July 2021
    I wouldn't say just because Ipswich are in for him you can rule us out, if we even are in.

The problem is Inniss. Are you going to attract a good enough player to back him up or do you just get the best RCB you can and if Inniss can't get in the team, tough?  That second option could be more expensive.  I don't think you can get a loan as back up, unless it's an older player that someone wants off the wage bill. 
  • Any rumours of us signing a new player on this forum anyone ? 
    I can help you with that one. We have signed Randall a striker from Plymouth only they don't have that one by that name so we have decided it must be Randall who plays for Exeter and we loaned him back to them so he could play in a friendly yesterday.
  • Agolfaddick said:
    Redrobo said:
    Laddick01 said:

Great call.
    Who said buy? I am clearly talking about a loan.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!