Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Or maybe if it’s a striker from Plymouth, we’re talking about Jephcott?
    Date of last contract extension: Jun 9, 2021

I'd like it, but have doubts
  • Not sure Exeter would be willing to lose Joel Randell, Randall Williams & Josh Key in one summer.

Money talks though. Sunderland are due to sign Josh Key from them this week for £1m.
  • Not sure Exeter would be willing to lose Joel Randell, Randall Williams & Josh Key in one summer.

Money talks though. Sunderland are due to sign Josh Key from them this week for £1m.
    That's a good point , surprised there hasn't been more interest in someone like Randell given the club's thrown around as being interested in January, would probably take a bid similar to what Sunderland have made for Key to land him. 
  • I'd say most of our signings have been much nearer the £300k mark so it would be a big statement for us to table a £1m package for a marquee player.

Thomas is due in London & likes a show though...

Maybe Sims will be unveiled as the poster boy of our new kit tomorrow & Joel Randell will be presented 'Ronaldo Style' doing keepy uppies in front of 200 roaring members at the open training session on Fri!

...with Addicks to Victory belting out in the background!
    Oh definitely £1m on a player would be a huge statement for this league. With Thomas over I do wonder if things might start to accelerate on the signings front. 

Had forgotten the open training session!
  • Randell and Key both played for Exeter yesterday .. Randell returning after a slight injury …… also Kirk and Dale both played for Crewe so if the player as “already “ signed it’s none of these 
  • edited July 2021
    Randall at Plymouth, surely means Exeter? Would be nice but can’t see it happening as a few champ teams are interested. If we’ve signed anyone I don’t think it’ll be Joel Randell. 
  • Or maybe if it’s a striker from Plymouth, we’re talking about Jephcott?
    We had a bid turned down … about a month ago ?

• With clubs running smaller squads and the general lack of money floating around, I imagine there will be a lot of cases where bids were turned down earlier in the window and then the selling club realises late in the day that's all they're going to get and they really need that money.
  • Sponsored links:

• With clubs running smaller squads and the general lack of money floating around, I imagine there will be a lot of cases where bids were turned down earlier in the window and then the selling club realises late in the day that's all they're going to get and they really need that money.
    This & the fact that alot of out of contract players (Ogilvie, Sims etc) stop getting paid at the end of July, will get things moving. 
  • edited July 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Here is a rumor for you pick the bones out of this we have signed a striker believed to be Randall from Plymouth.  Also we are close to a CB.Enjoy this one bully boys I may be old but I have respect and just for the record my name is not Colin I wish everybody on here enjoy the new season and continue to support our great club.
    Is that Joel Randall, the winger from Exeter? 

Or Adam Randell, the defensive midfielder from Plymouth who spent last season on loan at Torquay?
    Or Jephcott the striker from Plymouth?

(Should read the rest of the thread before posting next time)
  • Addicks59 said:
    Here is a rumor for you pick the bones out of this we have signed a striker believed to be Randall from Plymouth.  Also we are close to a CB.Enjoy this one bully boys I may be old but I have respect and just for the record my name is not Colin I wish everybody on here enjoy the new season and continue to support our great club.
    So do you mean Randall (who isn't a striker) from Exeter?
    Or Jephcott who is a striker from Plymouth?

Jephcott has been linked with a ton of teams, Stoke, Cardiff, Celtic, Middlesbrough, Birmingham so it's very unlikely he'd move to another league one club, and if he did then having just signed a new deal we'd be looking at a heavy transfer fee which i doubt we'd pay.
  • I don’t think we’ve signed anyone that’s not been announced. Perhaps some are close early next week but I can’t see how a signed players name wouldn’t have leaked or for that matter why they wouldn’t be announced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    A lot of very smart people at Brighton, them Brentford and Norwich seem to the real thinkers in footballer at the moment 
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pretty similar to what Adkins was saying about having some senior players in the First Team so the kids watch and learn how they train and prepare etc.

e.g. No better way to prove they cant go cutting corners if they want to develop was his words if I remember rightly
  • Exeter are sitting on cash already and as said above Keys is about to go to Sunderland (excellent business by Sunderland that) so they will be under no pressure to sell Randall.

That means they can ask a pretty decent price for a 20 year old, League 2 player and remember one of his key qualities is pace and he is just coming back from 2 hamstring injuries in quick succession.

Massive punt; can't see it happening and would not particularly want it to either.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Shouldn't be too difficult...
  • edited July 2021
    All out of contract players stop getting paid at the end of the month so in true Charlton life fashion. 

The next two weeks will be crucial. 
    Well, even worse, we are down to "The next ONE week is bloody crucial"...come on now let the dog see the rabbit  B)
  • I can see us spending some money on a couple of players when Thomas gets here, not itk just a hunch.

Big Thomas fan but in the most respectful way he is very 'look at me'/ a showman, taking his glasses off at the start of that interview, the song, all the signings standing with him last time round instead of Adkins. I have no issue with this btw just saying it how I see it.

That said I can already imagine him with a few ideas on how to unveil some exciting signings for us
  • People need to chill. It’s a rumours forum not a fact forum. Yes, there will be a mix of attention seekers posting rubbish and some will have some genuine rumours even if one or two facts are skewed. One thing’s for sure, it’s not going to change so I just treat it as a bit of fun until anything’s confirmed.

Rumours of signings that eventually happen are pretty rare these days. Clare only ‘broke’ a few hours before it happened. I’ve only ever had one ITK story in the whole of the time this site has been in existence and then I chose to keep it to myself to protect the integrity of my ‘informant’ - I would imagine a lot of Lifers do the same.
  • edited July 2021
    Apologies for interrupting the sensitivities of CL posters but as we are 13 days away from the start of the 2021/22 season,  am I allowed to say ?

The next two weeks could be critical  :#

Edit
    Blackpool beat me to it, as I was watching the Olympics and forgot to send 24 hours ago  :o
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!