Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Lol no we're not 😂😂😂🤦🏻
  • edited July 2021

How bizarre, Ogilvie leaves Gillingham to find a new club and now he's a trialist in their pre-season game against Colchester? I know we haven't been linked but a player a few of us have said would be good. Is this further proof of the climate/market issues right now. He definitely had championship interest from Coventry from what I read 

Ben Reeves scored for the Gills today, Jack Tucker started. 

• How bizarre, Ogilvie leaves Gillingham to find a new club and now he's a trialist in their pre-season game against Colchester? I know we haven't been linked but a player a few of us have said would be good. Is this further proof of the climate/market issues right now. He definitely had championship interest from Coventry from what I read 

I think there is near zero chance of him resigning there.  Not suprised he is training there but a bit surprising he is playing for them. 

Although they can't replace him due to the embargo so maybe they don't even have an adult left back at the club? 

• How bizarre, Ogilvie leaves Gillingham to find a new club and now he's a trialist in their pre-season game against Colchester? I know we haven't been linked but a player a few of us have said would be good. Is this further proof of the climate/market issues right now. He definitely had championship interest from Coventry from what I read 

As he was a player at The Jills last season, he's probably started his pre-season training there.
    If they are short of players (like most clubs in this division right now) why not let him get some minutes in a game?

It's not uncommon for out of contract players to start their pre-season training at their old club while their agent is doing his thing.

• Cafc43v3r said:

How bizarre, Ogilvie leaves Gillingham to find a new club and now he's a trialist in their pre-season game against Colchester? I know we haven't been linked but a player a few of us have said would be good. Is this further proof of the climate/market issues right now. He definitely had championship interest from Coventry from what I read 

I think there is near zero chance of him resigning there.  Not suprised he is training there but a bit surprising he is playing for them. 

Although they can't replace him due to the embargo so maybe they don't even have an adult left back at the club? 
    They're under a soft embargo apparently, can make loans and free signings. Sorry to the people looking to this thread for transfer juice like me, it's just me again saying that if we raided Gillingham we could win the league.

Vadaine Oliver, Kyle Dempsey, Jack Tucker and Connor Ogilvie and we would be ready to start the season. If I can do it on football manager, Thomas can do it in real life 😉
  • I'd love to see Oliver and Stockley up top together. Aerial devastation.
  • Going to throw another name in .. 

Ryan Broom of Peterbro???

• Jac_52 said:
    I'd love to see Oliver and Stockley up top together. Aerial devastation.
    Oliver's stats as a striker are woeful. The only aerial devastation he will be part of is when he "does a Rod Hull" and tries to improve the TV reception on the roof of his house. 

I really hope we can invest in a proven striker. 

We'll sweep the competition with a signing like that
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    I'd love to see Oliver and Stockley up top together. Aerial devastation.
    Oliver's stats as a striker are woeful. The only aerial devastation he will be part of is when he "does a Rod Hull" and tries to improve the TV reception on the roof of his house. 

I really hope we can invest in a proven striker. 

I think he means because of this mate, pretty outrageous stats for winning headers.

Him and Stockley with route 1 football would be some sight 

I'd prefer Trigger's broom

Did Thomas tell that in your make believe conversation you had with him that you have started quoting on here? 
  • Ryan Broom another one that spent the second half of last season on loan at Burton! 

That’s really pushing it now 😉.

• cfgs said:
    Going to throw another name in .. 

Managed 2 successful dribbles in 788 minutes of League 1 football last year. Can't wait.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Well said 1956 the man is a that jumps on everybody's post and pretends he knows it all .
     Get stuffed
    Try the 11 plus and work from there pal, he was backing you up 😂😂😂😂
    I am not your pal for a start. I doubt you could pass wind successfully to alone an exam. Find some one else to bully because that is what it is now. 
    Must have had a very sheltered life.......

At least I can read, something you obviously struggle with, unless you actually do it on purpose, which I am strongly suspecting you do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    This thread reminds me of the film Split.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/
    "Kevin, who is suffering from dissociative identity disorder and has 23 alter egos".

I think the site that shouldn't be mentioned or named should recall their waifs and strays as it's all too obvious.
    The question is is it plural or singular waif?

I thought they were all Paul Mullin's agent. 
  • If Wrexham are paying Mullin anything like £9K a week they should be thrown out of the English league system.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    This thread reminds me of the film Split.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/
    "Kevin, who is suffering from dissociative identity disorder and has 23 alter egos".

I think the site that shouldn't be mentioned or named should recall their waifs and strays as it's all too obvious.
    The question is is it plural or singular waif?

I thought they were all Paul Mullin's agent. 
    I’m fairly certain there’s more than one.
  • se9addick said:
    If Wrexham are paying Mullin anything like £9K a week they should be thrown out of the English league system.
    Whilst i doubt he's on as much as 9k he must be on a lot. It's safe to assume that as league two's POTY and top scorer he would've had league one interest at 4-5k a week. 

But Wrexham aren't Salford, they are generating their own money. A US tv station is making a documentary on them and they'll probably shift 4-5k season tickets.
    Then of course there's the fact that Tiktok are sponsoring them for 2 years and they must be paying a fair bit just to get the tie in with Ryan Reynolds. He joined tiktok after the deal was signed and his first 5 videos have been watched over 100m times!
  • So Ackworth comes on here with his one internet handle and says 9k a week and then proceeds to post it with another handle on Twitter and people are taking it seriously?
  • So Ackworth comes on here with his one internet handle and says 9k a week and then proceeds to post it with another handle on Twitter and people are taking it seriously?
    Andy Holt was asked the question if Mullin contract was worth £7k a week.

He replied he knows it's 'well South of that'.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    And I stand by that. If we signed a striker tomorrow with the same stats in L2 everyone would be going nuts but because NA says he’s good we take it as gospel…. So yeah happy clappers.

TBH I’m bored of your constant put downs on anything I post and to others. Even on Twitter where I don’t follow you you interject on a thread with another sarky, patronising  comment… why bother? Insecurity maybe? Lack of self worth? Need to feel important?

Feel free to not interact with my occasional posts, I’ll do the same and you can concentrate on your silly tables 👍🏼 
    You are of course correct.  If we had signed a L2 forward with such stats there would be uproar. I got the same criticism for saying 'if they are good enough they are old enough'.

If you disagree the insults abound , ageist, IQ insults etc. Not one person but a whole tribe so to speak.  I think they hope to just make one give up. Don't give up. 

If Davison had been bought from FGR or on a free imagine the protests.
    That doesn't make him a bad player of course. 

However I can't see how a bloke scoring 32 goals in L2 isn't better than one who scores 5/6 pro rata.  

Or a the players we were in for in January are suddenly a bit meh. 

Have you ever watch Mullin play?   I don't mean his goals on Quest or YouTube I mean actually play. 
     Why can you never make a point, just ask 👉less questions. 

Quest doesn't count, You tube is off limits and as you ought to know because Mullin was only at Cambridge for 1 season . A season nobody could attend in essence. 

So what do you think and what does it matter ?

32 goals against 5 or 6. Not much in it yet the 16 Aneke scored is a huge total apparently.  

And you challenged my IQ ? Fxxxing cheek. 
    I ask because you seem convinced that he is good enough for league 1 and a promotion chasing league 1 club at that.  I wondered what great insight you had to why this would be the case.

I also have to ask why you keep banging on about him.   This time last year he was released by Tranmere because he wasn't good enough.   We had no interest in him, neither did Sunderland, Wigan, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc. 

You claim to not be able to see why he isn't highly thought of, I suggest the reason you can't see it because you haven't look any where other than the top goal scorers table. 
    There you go,  failing to answer a question but inventing another to answer yourself or to justify the first silly question. 

I never said he was good enough  for League 1 or that he wasn't . However he is proven at that level now and Davison didn't exactly set headlines. 

We don't know what interest he had. Wrexham are obviously paying well to attract ayers from a division above though. 

Try answering questions.  Start at 11 plus level and see how progress can help to stop making assumptions that don't exist .
    Addick1956 got out of bed on the wrong side again. Hey mate, perhaps try being a little less aggressive to people?

It's just a football forum, a place to exchange opinions - not a place where you have to be right at all costs.

When you consider the nonsense I am accused of yet others say the same and get no comments. How is that aggressive . You must have had a sheltered life mate.

It's not even what you say.

It's the way you say it.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!