Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021

Hakeeb Adelakun ????

Winger, London born, 6 ft 3 so passes ours and now Adkins height test, free agent with plenty of L1 experience, helped Hull win the league last season (but sent back or recalled in January). Still only 25.

Been mentioned plenty of times before, could see it happening.
  • paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 
    He was 19 when last played for us in a complete car crash of a squad.
    He's still now only 21, not many strikers are the finished article by 24/25.

I'm willing, and quite looking forward to seeing if he can step up.

Good luck to the lad. 
    Even as a player to come on and relentlessly chase the ball for 20 mins if we are a goal up he could be useful. As others have said he was brilliant against West Brom, on his own up against two CBs who both played regularly in the Prem last season. I think he will be fine at this level and certainly do a job.
    I’m not so convinced - he didn’t stand out in either of his loan spells last season at a lower level, and one game a few years ago doesn’t mean much at all.

I can though see why it’s difficult to bring in cover for Stockley when the plan will be to start him as much as possible in the league.
  • Scoham said:

Hakeeb Adelakun ????

Winger, London born, 6 ft 3 so passes ours and now Adkins height test, free agent with plenty of L1 experience, helped Hull win the league last season (but sent back or recalled in January). Still only 25.

Certainly a player I’d like to bring to the club and would be disappointed if Rotherham, for example, sign him and we don’t.
  • Crowley and Adelakun would be great signings, for that reason it won’t happen 🤣
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:

Hakeeb Adelakun ????

Certainly a player I’d like to bring to the club and would be disappointed if Rotherham, for example, sign him and we don’t.
    Sounds like he didn’t impress at Hull, but maybe he just needs the right club?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/hakeeb-adelakun-bristol-city-hull-4863242
  • Addickted said:
    Both of these would be excellent additions , Crowley would give us that playmaker I think we're missing and Adelakun has been mentioned a few times on here. 
  • Would love Crowley. Career hasn’t gone exactly as planned though
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 

Good luck to the lad. 
    Even as a player to come on and relentlessly chase the ball for 20 mins if we are a goal up he could be useful. As others have said he was brilliant against West Brom, on his own up against two CBs who both played regularly in the Prem last season. I think he will be fine at this level and certainly do a job.
    I’m not so convinced - he didn’t stand out in either of his loan spells last season at a lower level, and one game a few years ago doesn’t mean much at all.

I can though see why it’s difficult to bring in cover for Stockley when the plan will be to start him as much as possible in the league.
    Yeh, very much so.
    How do you convince a striker of any pedigree to come in as backup?
    On the flip side, if by choice or default we give that role to Davison, what happens if Stockley picks up a long-term injury?
    Tough one
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure I saw Crowley for Arsenal’s u23s/u21s years ago, watched them against Brighton (friend is a Brighton fan). A small but technical/creative midfielder, like Hakeeb he didn’t do much at Hull, they mainly used it from the bench.

Still only 23 and another that probably needs the right club to turn his career around, and the type of midfielder we need alongside a couple of pacey wingers.
  • Leuth said:
    A small, technical creative midfielder? Sounds like the kind of player our fans turn on after half a game. Safest to get another Rule Britannia clogger 
    But if he signs we know he’ll always have one big fan, whatever happens :smile:

Clare doesn’t sound like a clogger even if Dobson is.
  • I wasn't saying either of them are cloggers! That remains to be seen ;) 
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:

Good luck to the lad. 

Yeh, very much so.
    On the flip side, if by choice or default we give that role to Davison, what happens if Stockley picks up a long-term injury?
    Tough one
    Stockley isn't an undroppable galactico, a CR7 or a Harry Kane, who's the star name in the side, the first pick (certainly at Spurs). 

Yes I expect him to be the first choice No 9 this season, but only on merit. We need an alternative to push him and replace him, if he's playing better
  • Scoham said:
    I’m sure I saw Crowley for Arsenal’s u23s/u21s years ago, watched them against Brighton (friend is a Brighton fan). A small but technical/creative midfielder, like Hakeeb he didn’t do much at Hull, they mainly used it from the bench.

Still only 23 and another that probably needs the right club to turn his career around, and the type of midfielder we need alongside a couple of pacey wingers.
    I think his do what thou wilt attitude has held him back but magical on his day.

Already got a cult following.
  • I’d take Crowley, He always looked very handy when I saw him for Birmingham.
  • Crowley is on trial at Donny
  • Maccn05 said:
    Crowley is on trial at Donny
    Is he a woman?
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely some decent free agents at this level that are still around, would be on Gallen’s radar & are waiting for the best offer possible.

Nicky Ajose is a free agent and has unfinished business with us, surprised nobody’s mentioned him ;)
  • Maccn05 said:
    Crowley is on trial at Donny
    Yeah with 7 others. I wouldn't read anything into that, other than he is training and "getting minutes".

Appears they played him as a 6 against Newcastle when he is normally a 10 or a wide player in a front 3.  They did similar with Gomes last season.  Butler likes a creative player in front of the back four, I think Bostock did it against us at in the away game last season? 
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:

Good luck to the lad. 

Yeh, very much so.
    Tough one
    Stockley isn't an undroppable galactico, a CR7 or a Harry Kane, who's the star name in the side, the first pick (certainly at Spurs). 

Yes I expect him to be the first choice No 9 this season, but only on merit. We need an alternative to push him and replace him, if he's playing better
    That’s the ideal club perspective but it’s not the player perspective. Stockley is our big signing of the summer, a 9 proven at this level and for this team. We were in a bit of an unusual situation last year in that Chuks was a leftover from a higher division, but if he could stay fit there’s no way that we would have had him and Stockley, not a chance. Stockley was necessary because of Chuks’ fitness record and we could guarantee him games, but any striker looking at us is going to see our big signing and ask himself if he wants to be backup to that, and if he wants to be there just to push the main man and come in for him if he doesn’t do well. It’s a tough sell, and probably requires a huge outlay on fee and wages to get a good player who is willing to be that, which probably isn’t within our budget given we have more pressing areas to fill first. I think our best bet will be a loan for a player who is told he’s not making the squad when a higher level team has finalised their signings 
  • Maccn05 said:
    And I stand by that. If we signed a striker tomorrow with the same stats in L2 everyone would be going nuts but because NA says he’s good we take it as gospel…. So yeah happy clappers.

TBH I’m bored of your constant put downs on anything I post and to others. Even on Twitter where I don’t follow you you interject on a thread with another sarky, patronising  comment… why bother? Insecurity maybe? Lack of self worth? Need to feel important?

Feel free to not interact with my occasional posts, I’ll do the same and you can concentrate on your silly tables 👍🏼 
    You are of course correct.  If we had signed a L2 forward with such stats there would be uproar. I got the same criticism for saying 'if they are good enough they are old enough'.

If you disagree the insults abound , ageist, IQ insults etc. Not one person but a whole tribe so to speak.  I think they hope to just make one give up. Don't give up. 

If Davison had been bought from FGR or on a free imagine the protests.
    That doesn't make him a bad player of course. 

However I can't see how a bloke scoring 32 goals in L2 isn't better than one who scores 5/6 pro rata.  

Or a the players we were in for in January are suddenly a bit meh. 

Have you ever watch Mullin play?   I don't mean his goals on Quest or YouTube I mean actually play. 
  • ✍️ Blackburn Rovers' transfer activity this summer...

IN

😳😳😳

OUT

Corry Evans (released)
    Lewis Holtby (released)
    Charlie Mulgrew (released)
    Elliott Bennett (released)
    Stewart Downing (released)
    Joe Grayson (released)
    Amari’i Bell (released)

Two weeks to go ⏰

Blackburn fans questioning their  club .. wonder what our fans reaction would be in this position .. overall think we have had a very good window so far with still 3/4 to come 

• edited July 2021
    paulfox said:

Good luck to the lad. 
    I don't think he was brilliant, hard work is overrated as a footballer, that should be the absolute minimum. 

As for the CBs he was up against they are both championship standard, well at least they were when we played them and based on them not getting moves for this season it seems that way. 

I like his attitude and want him to do well, but this should be nothing more than a development season for him. I.e. take Stockley off when there's a bit of the game left if we are up comfortably 
  • paulfox said:

Good luck to the lad. 
    I don't think he was brilliant, hard work is overrated as a footballer, that should be the absolute minimum. 

As for the CBs he was up against they are both championship standard, well at least they were when we played them and based on them not getting moves for this season it seems that way. 

I like his attitude and want him to do well, but this should be nothing more than a development season for him. I.e. take Stockley off when there's a bit of the game left if we are up comfortably 
    I think it will be. As far as we can tell based on recent history we’ll be playing one up front and he’ll be, at the moment, probably 4th choice striker 
  • ✍️ Blackburn Rovers' transfer activity this summer...

IN

😳😳😳

OUT

Corry Evans (released)
    Lewis Holtby (released)
    Charlie Mulgrew (released)
    Elliott Bennett (released)
    Stewart Downing (released)
    Joe Grayson (released)
    Amari’i Bell (released)

Two weeks to go ⏰

Blackburn fans questioning their  club .. wonder what our fans reaction would be in this position .. overall think we have had a very good window so far with still 3/4 to come 

The girl im seeing is a Blackburn fan (unfortunate I know) I did wonder why she hadn't been all the usual excited about this window 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!