Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Vfrf said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap. 
    In fairness I think it's the same people complaining... But I haven't checked. 

Where is Adkins telling us the bold bit?

Finally where do you get off calling people happy clappers? After the last 6-7 years fans have a reason to be happy we have a good manager an owner who appears to understand the fans and how to remain sustainable (so we don't end up in dire financial situations like under the spivs and end up being sold to a crazy belgian narcissist)

I honestly think some people choose to be miserable and enjoy doing so. 
    I probably get off the same place as you do with your constantly condescending, know it all responses 👍🏼

I wonder what will lose us more money and have a longer term affect on our financial situation. A transfer push to get out of this league or another 2/3 seasons losing £10m in L1? 🤔l

I cheerily and optimistically await your next patronising response. 
    Some fans do like making up nonsense. We did not bid for Eisa or Mullin.
    Honestly, some fans don't grasp the concept of a budget and any player that goes elsewhere whether we're in for them or not somehow 'proves' we're skint.

The P’Boro chairman either confirmed or very strongly replied we had a bid for Eisa rejected.

lots have said Cawley isn’t in the know as much as he was.
    The Peterborough Chairman is a bullshitter. 
    All he said as top 6 … teams in the end it was MK Dons he was trying to get top 6 teams interested to get more money 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Vfrf said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap. 
    In fairness I think it's the same people complaining... But I haven't checked. 

Where is Adkins telling us the bold bit?

Finally where do you get off calling people happy clappers? After the last 6-7 years fans have a reason to be happy we have a good manager an owner who appears to understand the fans and how to remain sustainable (so we don't end up in dire financial situations like under the spivs and end up being sold to a crazy belgian narcissist)

I honestly think some people choose to be miserable and enjoy doing so. 
    I probably get off the same place as you do with your constantly condescending, know it all responses 👍🏼

I wonder what will lose us more money and have a longer term affect on our financial situation. A transfer push to get out of this league or another 2/3 seasons losing £10m in L1? 🤔l

I cheerily and optimistically await your next patronising response. 
    Some fans do like making up nonsense. We did not bid for Eisa or Mullin.
    Honestly, some fans don't grasp the concept of a budget and any player that goes elsewhere whether we're in for them or not somehow 'proves' we're skint.

The P’Boro chairman either confirmed or very strongly replied we had a bid for Eisa rejected.

lots have said Cawley isn’t in the know as much as he was.
    The Peterborough Chairman is a bullshitter. 
    All he said as top 6 … teams in the end it was MK Dons he was trying to get top 6 teams interested to get more money 
    Eisa is on silly money for a bang average player.. He was on 5.5k a week at Peterborough, and would be getting close to that at MK Dons, very pleased we wasn’t in for him. 

• Football fans can be funny peeps at times. Every player that goes to a league rival we are glad we weren’t in for. Too expensive, no better than we have, not good enough.

Fraser, Piggott and now Eisa.

But then on the flip side we laud Davison, Dobson and Clare. Hell we have even had people predicting Clare will be player of the year. Based on what?! He hasn’t even pulled a Charlton shirt on yet.

I am still waiting for the signings that make the other fans in the divisions jealous and sit up and take notice. We should at the very least be doing that in league one.

• Football fans can be funny peeps at times. Every player that goes to a league rival we are glad we weren’t in for. Too expensive, no better than we have, not good enough.

But then on the flip side we laud Davison, Dobson and Clare. Hell we have even had people predicting Clare will be player of the year. Based on what?! He hasn’t even pulled a Charlton shirt on yet.

I am still waiting for the signings that make the other fans in the divisions jealous and sit up and take notice. We should at the very least be doing that in league one.
    Who are you thinking? I’m not sure there’s many “names” out there that would sign for a club in this league and make other fans notice.
  • Mullins to Wrexham and dropping 2 divisions ?

What a Hollywood signing.  B)

I have always said Eisa wasn’t good enough and a poor signing along with Mullin. They are asking for silly money too! 

• @Covered_End_Lad
    If by 5pm on Monday, the signing isn't announced do you accept you should lose your 60 likes and counting ? o:)>:)

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021

@Covered_End_Lad
    If by 5pm on Monday, the signing isn't announced do you accept you should lose your 60 likes and counting ? o:)>:)

Very generous of you 5pm Monday!!...more like 5pm TODAY B)B)

Ideal time pre Reading, Charlton TV, and free for the day, so never a better audience opportunity for a "grand entrance"...
  • Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Mullin was the one who was asking for silly money or his agent in wages our interest cooled. Sean clare was in our academy  and we offered a better contract to stop him leaving at the time he was well thought of called this one on page 402 said he had signed.Gills have signed a new CB hopefully next one through the door TUCKER. Interest in a centre forward if we pull this one off I will be delighted will shut the moaners up.
    We never had any interest in Mullin. Not sure where you are getting your info but it’s wrong.
  • edited July 2021

@Covered_End_Lad

If it isn’t announced by 5pm on Monday I’ll let AFKA remove them. I did say I don’t know when it will be announced. If they aren’t planning to play him today as he only signed him yesterday then it may well be Monday before they announce it.

• @Covered_End_Lad

If it isn’t announced by 5pm on Monday I’ll let AFKA remove them. I did say I don’t know when it will be announced. If they aren’t planning to play him today as he only signed him yesterday then it may well be Monday before they announce it.

Top lad; I will add my like to your post !

• @Covered_End_Lad

Well it's definitely a 'him' so that's a bonus. 
  • paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 
    He was 19 when last played for us in a complete car crash of a squad.
    He's still now only 21, not many strikers are the finished article by 24/25.

I'm willing, and quite looking forward to seeing if he can step up.

Good luck to the lad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I would rather trust in Nige and Steve regarding Davison, they see him daily and clearly like what they see, we can only comment on the rather sparse appearances he has made, sure he will be fine and hopefully silence any doubters.
  • paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 
    He was 19 when last played for us in a complete car crash of a squad.
    He's still now only 21, not many strikers are the finished article by 24/25.

I'm willing, and quite looking forward to seeing if he can step up.

Good luck to the lad. 
    Even as a player to come on and relentlessly chase the ball for 20 mins if we are a goal up he could be useful. As others have said he was brilliant against West Brom, on his own up against two CBs who both played regularly in the Prem last season. I think he will be fine at this level and certainly do a job.
    Totally agree
  • Hakeeb Adelakun ????

• edited July 2021
    PWADDICK said:

Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
    Done to death on page 138 onwards.  No point rehashing it all here. 
  • CafcSteve said:
    John Jules of Arsenal 18 years old 6ft plus and is the winger / Striker .. fits our criteria and of course scored two against us for Doncaster …. 
    You said Maatsen was joining us then the next day he’s going to Coventry.

Never seen someone post so many wrong rumours.

It’s actually embarrassing!
    I think that is harsh

Bexley Boy/Colin Sam's/Addicks59 are equally bad

😉
  • Hakeeb Adelakun ????

What about him?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PWADDICK said:

Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
    Done to death on page 138 onwards.  No point rehashing it all here. 
    30 games in last three years.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!