Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Wrexham must be paying Mullin a lot if he'd rather play for them in non-league than stay at Cambridge in league one. Surely he must've had other league one/two clubs interested too. 

League two POTY and top scorer, so to sign for a National league club is a huge coup for them.
    All about the wedge.
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

I just keep an eye out for the DONE DEAL on newsnow.
    See my last response to @addick1965
    Er what's this about I haven't posted for ages? 
    Sorry that was regarding @addick1956 I must have typed too fast.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

In this instance, Dazzler demonstrated numerical dyslexia ....... possibly otherwise known as a typo. :smile:

• IF we have signed someone today then maybe he'll be announced tomorrow just before the match starts. A pre-recorded interview from today, with the new signing able to take part tomorrow.

After all they've made this game free, so will be expecting a bigger audience than normal and might want some good news to announce as well?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

Sorry that was regarding @addick1956 I must have typed too fast.

Must have been the excitement of spending most of the day on Charlton Life hoping for the news of the new signing that never happened.

Or perhaps you've found the latest ITK victim for your dreaded Dazzler's List. :wink:

• Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap. 
    In fairness I think it's the same people complaining... But I haven't checked. 

Where is Adkins telling us the bold bit?

Finally where do you get off calling people happy clappers? After the last 6-7 years fans have a reason to be happy we have a good manager an owner who appears to understand the fans and how to remain sustainable (so we don't end up in dire financial situations like under the spivs and end up being sold to a crazy belgian narcissist)

I honestly think some people choose to be miserable and enjoy doing so. 
    I probably get off the same place as you do with your constantly condescending, know it all responses 👍🏼

I wonder what will lose us more money and have a longer term affect on our financial situation. A transfer push to get out of this league or another 2/3 seasons losing £10m in L1? 🤔l

I cheerily and optimistically await your next patronising response. 
    Not only is this summer’s transfer activity not good enough, we now know next years and maybe the year after that aren’t good enough either 😉
  • edited July 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap. 

Finally where do you get off calling people happy clappers? After the last 6-7 years fans have a reason to be happy we have a good manager an owner who appears to understand the fans and how to remain sustainable (so we don't end up in dire financial situations like under the spivs and end up being sold to a crazy belgian narcissist)

I probably get off the same place as you do with your constantly condescending, know it all responses 👍🏼

I wonder what will lose us more money and have a longer term affect on our financial situation. A transfer push to get out of this league or another 2/3 seasons losing £10m in L1? 🤔l

Cool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for finding the tweet @Vfrf , I was sure I'd heard similar. Didn't the Peterboro chairman like a tweet along the lines of "like this if one of the clubs bidding is Charlton" and that's where this myth that we were involved has originated? He likes to say he talks nothing but the truth but to my mind, he's a well known bs'er.

That's before you even consider Eisa's actual goalscoring record last season.

How much would you pay for a player who scored 2 goals in 27 appearances? Because that was Eisa's record... and Peterborough don't sell their players cheap. I'm sure they probably had MK's pants down after they sold Fraser to Ipswich for a chunk of money.

I have no doubt that money is available to spend, on the right targets.

Stockley, Dobson and Clare haven't come on frees. Neither did Schwartz and DJ in the January window.
    I can't imagine Clare's fee was very much, it seems that KR was fairly happy to move him on

The sale of Doughty would have covered Schwartz and DJ I imagine

The Posh Chairman wants to build up interest in his players, and uses social media to help this.
  • edited July 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Cool.
    Disappointing! after giving it the big one you seem to have disappeared like a set of bollocks in the cold.
    Giving it the big one? Okay buddy, I'm going to assume you're a grown man, but either way I think you've had enough to drink for tonight.
  • So where did the bloke on here get his info that Mullin was a done deal, a weekend or so ago?
    What a weird bullshitter 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Cool.
    Disappointing! after giving it the big one you seem to have disappeared like a set of bollocks in the cold.
    Giving it the big one? Okay buddy, I'm going to assume you're a grown man, but either way I think you've had enough to drink for tonight.
    And here comes Mr Patronising again 👎🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for finding the tweet @Vfrf , I was sure I'd heard similar. Didn't the Peterboro chairman like a tweet along the lines of "like this if one of the clubs bidding is Charlton" and that's where this myth that we were involved has originated? He likes to say he talks nothing but the truth but to my mind, he's a well known bs'er.

That's before you even consider Eisa's actual goalscoring record last season.

How much would you pay for a player who scored 2 goals in 27 appearances? Because that was Eisa's record... and Peterborough don't sell their players cheap. I'm sure they probably had MK's pants down after they sold Fraser to Ipswich for a chunk of money.

I have no doubt that money is available to spend, on the right targets.

Stockley, Dobson and Clare haven't come on frees. Neither did Schwartz and DJ in the January window.
    I can't imagine Clare's fee was very much, it seems that KR was fairly happy to move him on

The sale of Doughty would have covered Schwartz and DJ I imagine

The Posh Chairman wants to build up interest in his players, and uses social media to help this.
    In the article where Robinson was saying that Clare needs to decide if he wants to stay & he wont go round chasing players anymore he said that if Clare was sold Oxford would be looking to recoup what they paid for him.....which Robinson said was around £100k.
  • edited July 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Cool.
    Look this all started because you chose to call those that said Mullen wasn't good enough for league one, but we're willing to give Davison a chance "Happy Clappers".

To clarify for you, I was open to Mullen signing and would have probably been quite happy if he did sign.

Now Adkins has had a chance to watch Davison and has proven he can promote from academy to first team. 

It just pissed me off you calling people happy clappers for giving Davison a chance and rejecting Mullen. That's all. No giving it "the big one" not trying to be patronising either.

I don't want to and can't be bothered to continue to argue so I apologise if I have offended you. I'm sure you didn't mean to come across as you did.

Or maybe I am wrong - it happens often enough.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Cool.
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Cool.
    Patronising or not, you’re talking nonsense. Take the L. We didn’t bid for Eisa and if you believe the pboro chairman after Southall I can’t help you. 
  • Gills signed a new CB tucker to us?
  • I blame one person for all this hostility, he must be laughing his tits off.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!